Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bunch of new posters from CinemaCon, including the new Resident Evil, 47 Ronin, and From Rome With Love:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/cinemaconnews.php?id=89502

New set photos from The Lone Ranger, starring Hammer and Depp:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89497

Just another tiny tidbit: Russell Crowe has been confirmed to be playing Noah for Darren Aronofsky's "Noah," which will start filming in July in Iceland and New York.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Full Expendables 2 trailer will debute today !!!!!!!!!

Awesome - I wish JCVD wouldn't be playing the bad guy, it should have been Arnie.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Awesome - I wish JCVD wouldn't be playing the bad guy, it should have been Arnie.

JCVD is the bad guy ?? shame - he is really awesome, and would have been a welcomed addition to the team :(

edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837

I had no idea how Hemsworth was, then I did a quick google search and found out he's only really famous for going out with Miley Cirus, being in Neighbours and for being in Hunger Games, which only just came out.

Does he really deserve to be with badasses like Stallone and Willis??? Why him?
    Arnold's "I'm back!" had me laughing so hard. That trailer seriously just made my hype for this movie shoot through the roof.
    CrzChris4 wrote:
    Arnold's "I'm back!" had me laughing so hard. That trailer seriously just made my hype for this movie shoot through the roof.

LOL I snuck a peek at the trailer at work (and had to have the sound off) and somehow I KNEW that's what he was saying! Can't wait to really watch the trailer once I get home!
    loved it when Arnie got into the car! Still laughing now! This will be a visit to the cinema! :-bd
    My worry is about sly's character's motivation. Is he coming from a light or dark place? And how will he develop his character further. So glad I'm not an actor. The creative torment has to affect his delivery.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-raid-blasts-out-a-red-band-trailer. It's almost here.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The Amazing Spider-Man:

• gt007gt007 Station G
    The Expendables 2 trailer wasn't that good. The only good moments were Arnie's.

The Amazing Spider-Man trailer though was great! I didn't like the previous two and I was sure the movie would be bad, but this trailer really did change my mind. It might be good after all. Looking forward to it.
    gt007 wrote:

The Amazing Spider-Man trailer though was great! I didn't like the previous two and I was sure the movie would be bad, but this trailer really did change my mind. It might be good after all. Looking forward to it.

Totally agree. I only laughed on "My Shoe is bigger then this car!"

But ASM, God I'm booking my tickets.

• edited May 2012 Posts: 2,782
    gt007 wrote:

At least EXP2 is sort of an original story, god are there no new ideas in Hollywood anymore? Let's adapt a book or let's adapt a comic book or let's reboot or let's re-imagine it. For god's sake this is the end of film making isn't it?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 1,856
    gt007 wrote:

At least EXP2 is sort of an original story, god are there no new ideas in Hollywood anymore? Let's adapt a book or let's adapt a comic book or let's reboot or let's re-imagine it. For god's sake this is the end of film making isn't it?

A. The first three where crap (2 and 3 especially)
    B. saying that this is a reimaging of SM1 is like saying CR'06 is a reimaginig of CR'67
    C. It's a reboot not a reimaging.
    D. It is a different take on the same source material technically not a reimaging but a something else.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The Amazing Spider-Man:

now that was a cracking trailor! :-bd
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 6,677
    Doesn´t do a thing for me, but then again, I´m not a superhero fan. It´s getting pretty tyresome all of these marvel, dc hero films. That´s just a very personal opinion of course and I´m sure that superhero fans would burn me alive for it.
    My worry is about sly's character's motivation. Is he coming from a light or dark place? And how will he develop his character further. So glad I'm not an actor. The creative torment has to affect his delivery.

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-raid-blasts-out-a-red-band-trailer. It's almost here.

Can't wait for the Raid! I loved Merantau, which had the same lead actor and director, so I'm really hyped for this.

Expendables 2 looks really cool but like I said, I don't see why Hemsworth was chosen. Spiderman looks ok but I'm not really a spiderman fan.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Total Recall:

Samuel001 wrote:
    Total Recall:

Not seeing it, I love the original too much.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Total Recall:

I'm so hot for Kate, Biel is fried haddok in comparison - should have been the other way round.

This looks class, the original was ok but this looks way better.

Role on Bladerunner remake - for god's sake.

• edited May 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Virage wrote:
    gt007 wrote:

A. The first three where crap (2 and 3 especially)
    B. saying that this is a reimaging of SM1 is like saying CR'06 is a reimaginig of CR'67
    C. It's a reboot not a reimaging.
    D. It is a different take on the same source material technically not a reimaging but a something else.

Ummm the film is called Spiderman isn't it, featuring a young man bitten by a spider which gives him powers like a spider?

Wow that sure sounds like another film a few years ago, called ummmm ah Spiderman about a young man bitten by a spider which gives him powers like a spider. Yes I can see it now it is totally different and unique. And no I'm not imagining it.

Samuel001 wrote:
    Total Recall:

I'm so hot for Kate, Biel is fried haddok in comparison - should have been the other way round.

This looks class, the original was ok but this looks way better.

Role on Bladerunner remake - for god's sake.

Kate is hot but this didn't need to be made. The original is awesome and without Arny I can't see it being any good.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2012 Posts: 4,443
    Since 19 April

Battleship. The movie who be released earlier in Europe then in the VS.. From the directer of Hancock & The Kingdom. With Liam Neeson and Rihanna.

We Bought a Zoo. From Cameron Crowe, directer of Vanilla Sky.

Since 25 April:

Snowwhite/Sneeuwwitje. Life action movie of this very tale.

Put The Hulk, Iron Man and Tron in one movie with some other hero's and you get: The Avengers.

Since 26 April:

One For The Money

Since last Thursday 3 May:

The Vow. With Rachel McAdams and Sam Neil.

Seeking Justice. New movie from Roger Donaldson starring Nicolas Cage, January Jones (Mad Men) and Guy Pearce.

16+. Safe, new action movie with Jason Statham.

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. Starring Ewan McGregor in movie from the directer of Chocolat.

10 May:

Dark Shadows. The new movie from Tim Burton and Johny Depp, also starring Eva Green.

Act of Valor

17 May:

16+. The Divide. From the directer of Hitman.

16+. A L'Aveugle. France movie.
    Oh god.... Found out who Avatar's biggest fan is!

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/05/07/james-cameron-avatar/
    Here's the trailer for Ben Affleck's 1970's political thriller, based on the real life event, Argo:

<object id="sbPlayer" width="550" height="309" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://thefilmstage.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/fstg008/0/487683/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://thefilmstage.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/fstg008/0/487683/"; width="550" height="309" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>
    Gangster Squad trailer

well, I know it's only for the trailer (I hope).... but a Jay-Z song in a trailer for a movie set in the 1940's...... appalling and shamefull publicity to make the young demographics go see the movie.......
    @DaltonCraig007, I saw the trailer a few days ago, and almost every comment lining the page had the same complaint as I did: a Jay-Z song for a movie taking place in the mid-20th Century. Really appalling, indeed, and I think it would have looked even better without it. I thought Public Enemies, the tale of John Dillinger's heists, had a perfect song attached, which is one of my favorite songs today: 'Ten Million Slaves' by Otis Taylor. Had a really old feel to it with the banjo. I just don't see how people will suddenly flock to a $7-$12 movie based on a song in a trailer. It either makes a movie look better or worse for me, but never changes my mind on admission to a film.
    I liked the trumpet twirl, but thats it.
    not really a movie, but...

trailer for nbc's 'Revolution'... am getting a 'lost' vibe :)