Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2019 Posts: 15,690

Sam Rockwell joins Clint Eastwood’s The Ballad of Richard Jewell.

The film follows Richard Jewell, the security guard whose life was turned upside down after it was leaked by law enforcement to a reporter that he was a possible suspect in the Olympic Park bombing during the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. Rockwell will play the attorney who reps Jewell after he is wrongly accused.

The part of Jewell has yet to be cast.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/sam-rockwell-joins-clint-eastwoods-the-ballad-of-richard-jewell-1202630451/

Paul Walter (I, Tonya) joins Sam Rockwell in Clint Eastwood's The Ballad of Richard Jewell. He will be playing the titular character.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/paul-walter-hauser-richard-jewell-clint-eastwood-1203241010/

Jon Hamm, Kathy Bates and Olivia Wilde also join the cast of Clint Eastwood’s The Ballad of Richard Jewell.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/olivia-wilde-jon-hamm-clint-eastwood-richard-jewell-1202633975/

https://deadline.com/2019/06/kathy-bates-joins-clint-eastwood-richard-jewell-movie-1202632266/

----

First trailer for the new Charlie's Angels is arriving very soon.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

You must be related.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First trailer for the Chinese action film Vanguard, starring Jackie Chan:

Covert security company Vanguard is the last hope of survival for an accountant after he is targeted by the world's deadliest mercenary organization.

The film will be released in China in January 2020 (Europe/US releases TBD).
    @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47 @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi

Michael Fassbender to play the lead role in the spy thriller Malko.

Based on Gerard de Villiers’ S.A.S. series, which follows Malko Linge, an Austrian nobleman and freelance CIA operative who spent his formative years in a special Nazi work camp for captured spies. Malko is a gentleman warrior without a country who works according to his own moral code and lives with a wicked wit and a lust for life.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/michael-fassbender-malko-lionsgate-1203246398/

----

Tony Jaa will play the lead role in the martial art film Silent.

A reclusive, mute Thai restaurant delivery man with a violent and tragic past gets mixed up with a group of mercenaries and dirty cops.

https://cityonfire.com/martial-arts-star-tony-jaa-to-remain-silent/
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    First official picture of Steven Spielberg's West Side Story:

faxkmj2l6w431.jpg

----

is this in birmingham uk, near my office at the custard factory, digbeth?
    First teaser for the South Korean action flick Fist and Furious:

Ken Loach is back in the director's chair with the first trailer for Sorry We Missed You:

----

XpJTe0c.jpg

----

First pictures of Greta Gerwig's Little Women:

Four sisters come of age in America in the aftermath of the Civil War.

Starring: Florence Pugh, Meryl Streep, Emma Watson, Laura Dern, Thimothée Chalamet, Saoirse Ronan, Bob Odenkirk, James Norton & Chris Cooper.

Release date: December 25, 2019.

mtdzQxd.jpg
    N88HrVU.jpg
    PDBx432.jpg
    rR7E9AA.jpg
    snPPSCH.jpg
    uVNPQIo.jpg
    XYJNVWZ.jpg
    560qaYa.jpg
    3K32Hbk.jpg
    7evsGyf.jpg
    iCbYZyT.jpg

----

Paramount have acquired the distribution rights of Killers of the Flower Moon, the new Martin Scorsese-directed film starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/paramount-martin-scorsese-leonardo-dicaprio-killers-of-the-flower-moon-cineeurope-1202634735/

----

Official logo for Pixar's Soul:

yxltra2l6c531.jpg

Pixar Animation Studios will take you on a journey from the streets of New York City to the cosmic realms to discover the answers to life's most important questions.

Release date: June 19, 2020.

Iko Uwais joins the revenge/action flick Chinatown Express.

Uwais will play a man who must fight through the gangland of New York to save his family after the disappearance of his son during a gang killings spree.

https://cityonfire.com/raid-star-iko-uwais-boards-the-chinatown-express/

----

A new clip from Stuber:

@bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

Anthony Mackie & Frank Grillo team up in this badass trailer for Netflix's Point Blank*:

*Remake of the 2010 French film of the same name.

----

First trailer for the critically acclaimed The Peanut Butter Falcon:

----

----

@bondjames @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @Creasy47 @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

Helen Mirren & Ian McKellen seem like a very good pairing.

----

Trailers confirmed to drop tomorrow (June 27th):

- The new Charlie's Angels.
    - Roland Emmerich's WW2 film Midway.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Bosley seems different :-?
    First trailer for Roland Emmerich's Midway:

----

Paul Rudd joins the upcoming Ghostbusters outing.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/paul-rudd-jason-reitmans-ghostbusters-1203236578/

----

Terrence Malick's A Hidden Life coming on the big screen on December 13, 2019.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/terrence-malicks-a-hidden-life-lands-year-end-awards-season-release-1202638863/

----

Jumanji 3 officially titled Jumanji: The Nevel Level, with a first trailer to drop in the coming days.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California

Yikes
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2019 Posts: 13,894

I don't see Jaclyn Smith, so i'll pass.
    Henry Cavill has been confirmed as the latest actor to portray Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, alongside Millie Bobby Brown & Helena Bonham Carter in Elena Holmes.

“Enola Holmes” is based on the Nancy Springer book series “The Enola Holmes Mysteries,” which follows Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes’ much younger sister, Enola.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/henry-cavill-sherlock-holmes-millie-bobby-brown-enola-holmes-1203254785/
    Certainly like the look of Midway!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2019 Posts: 23,336

I don't see Jaclyn Smith, so i'll pass.

Jaclyn Smith, Cheryl Ladd and Tanya Roberts are far more appealling
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited June 2019 Posts: 6,724

Something that occurred to me while watching the trailer, but not related solely to that film. Is anybody else a bit tired of those panoramic, moving camera shots to introduce locations? Feels like everyone does it that way these days.
    Brilliant old-school trailer for Stuber:

Between West Side Story, Ghostbusters 2020, Enola Holmes, and Charlie's Angels Mk.3, I'm seeing a lot of films here that don't seem like they need to be made. Am I getting grouchy in my old age?

Also, early Academy Awards tip for Little Women. That's got Oscar Bait written all over it.
    octofinger wrote: »
    Between West Side Story, Ghostbusters 2020, Enola Holmes, and Charlie's Angels Mk.3, I'm seeing a lot of films here that don't seem like they need to be made. Am I getting grouchy in my old age?

Also, early Academy Awards tip for Little Women. That's got Oscar Bait written all over it.

I’m not looking forward to any of those either. It’s been said for years and it’s true that Hollywood has been lacking in originality. There have been a number of solid sequels lately though at least IMO.
    Absolutely, and I'm not allergic to sequels per se. For instance, I liked Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes movies. But all those films (even Spielberg, for god's sake) feel totally unnecessary.
    Yes I agree. I’m a big Spielberg fan, but remaking West Side Story is just absurd.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Yes I agree. I’m a big Spielberg fan, but remaking West Side Story is just absurd.

Sometimes a movie is perfection And the original was already a brilliant Romeo & Jullia remake. This is one movie of Spielberg i got no intrest in. He should have been put his efforts in Indy 5.
    July 2019 preview:

• edited July 2019 Posts: 5,808
    A look at one of the biggest conflict between two men of science :

Benedict Cumberbatch seems accustomed to playing geniuses.

First there were the books, then the TV series, then the stage shows. Now, there's the movie :

If it's as funny as the books, I'll go and see it.

:))

This looks amazing!
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,336

This looks amazing!
    Great seeing the two Danny's,
    that trailer was funny, good way to freshen up the series.