15 of the Most Ridiculous Films That Actors Should Be Ashamed Of- DAD makes the list!

Comments

Ha ha made me chuckle reading the DAD Segment, carry on Bond.
    I am not surprised.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I disagree about The Last Stand. It's by far not as good a film as X2, but it doesn't sit well among some of the other films in that list IMO. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is another film I don't like seeing in this list. Not the best anime out there and far inferior to Advent Children, but not exactly garbage either.
    Having read the article Have to say Spirits within, Last stand and Judge Dredd are films i don't mind and own copies. Not seen at least a third of the films on the list, shows the power of word of mouth. Though some of the concepts for the films just down right stink from the start.
    It's not a good list overall. There are bad films on it, like the beyond horrible Catwoman, but many are not all that bad.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited May 2014 Posts: 2,629
    And #1 to boot.

Halle Berry also comes in at #3 with Catwoman.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2014 Posts: 4,441
    Wolverine should have been in this list, Not X-men 3. The movie have same problems as Harry Potter 3, there change the sets and costume to much. But i like it for a change
    the proffesor be the villian.
    . A bit strane that there saying The Greenlantern be fames, i not realy get that idea and i heard complanes people think it is to much Superman. Whyle i haven't seen Green Lantern yet, i think it has same problems as Daredevil and Fantastic Four. Daredevil using a villian that be more fames with Spider-Man and Fantastic Four should have been made for X-men and The Hulk.
    Wolverine is far better than X-Men 3.
    Wolverine is far better than X-Men 3.

Agreed. I don't find it very good and it retcons a lot of things from the first X-Men movies, but X-Men 3 is basically a catalogue of mutants, most of them showing up for the sake of it and with some, such a Cyclops, getting tossed aside for no reason and with fellow X-Men oblivious to it.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I agree with most of what is written about DAD, but I simply cannot comprehend why it says that Brosnan gave an "absolute dreadful performance"?? Look, I'm not Brosnan's biggest fan, but his acting was completely fine! Like the rest of his tenure!
    How did Batman and Robin manage to avoid the list?
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited May 2014 Posts: 2,629
    Agree with you MayDay. I'm under the belief that he realized that DAD was crap and he put his effort into DAD to try to salvage the film.

Bain also asks a good question.
    DAD deserves every bit of abuse that can be heaped upon it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,894
    I think they're a bit unfair on Die Another Day, up until Cuba it's serviceable. At least it still feels like a Bond film. *shrugs*

As for Catwoman, it probably sounded good on paper. On film, even I can't defend Berry in it.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 11,189
    I think #1 is stretching it a bit. True we can all pretty much agree its a bad film, but does it deserve to be #1? What about Taken 2, 2012 or Movie 43 (that film had a pile of stars who should have known better including Ms Berry)?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I think #1 is stretching it a bit. True we can all pretty much agree its a bad film, but does it deserve to be #1? What about Taken 2, 2012 or Movie 43?

I would like to single out, here and now, that Movie 43 as THE worst film I have ever had the misfortune of watching.
    BAIN123 wrote:

Maybe the only "big" movie worse than DAD.
    What about Pearl Harbour?
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,396
    I think they're a bit unfair on Die Another Day, up until Cuba it's serviceable. At least it still feels like a Bond film. *shrugs*

As for Catwoman, it probably sounded good on paper. On film, even I can't defend Berry in it.

No. It most certainly does not. Unless the "feel" of the Bond film you're referring to is CR67.
    This i must say does not surprise me. I think we all know which scene in the movie we have to thank for this! X_X
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

No. It most certainly does not. Unless the "feel" of the Bond film you're referring to is CR67.

Wavelength between England and Norway here.
    That Sasquatch with Lance Henriksen.
    Henriksen is a fine character actor but he should not have wasted his time and talents in this stupid piece of crap.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Very good point. Bought Batman and Robin on bluray, the extras are worth it for the very honest apology from Schumacher for making the film he did.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2014 Posts: 12,459
    It's just another list. We could all write our own.
    I actually have not seen several of these films, but I have heard about most of them.

I liked this part, but I would simply edit it to fit another film:

Disney’s “The Lone Ranger” Die Another Day is an example of what happens when someone isn't on set to tell a director “No.”

(Even so, I wouldn't put DAD first. And Brosnan's performance was one of the few, very few, good things about the film.)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't see how 'The Last Stand' made the cut. It's a pretty entertaining action film, and I've seen many other films that deserve a spot on that list. How did 'Battlefield Earth' not make it on the list, either?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't see how 'The Last Stand' made the cut. It's a pretty entertaining action film, and I've seen many other films that deserve a spot on that list. How did 'Battlefield Earth' not make it on the list, either?

I think The last stand gets stick because it does not do a great job with the Dark Phoenix arc in fact it pretty much ignores the story arc completely. Though as a movie i think its pretty good, very few films stick to the origin. Take Dark knight rlses its a mish mash of graphic novels.
    @fire_and_ice, scratch that, my useless brain fails me once again. I saw the words 'The Last Stand' on here before I viewed the list, naturally thinking it was that newer Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. Then when I viewed the list, it started me at #3 for some reason, so I just assumed Schwarzenegger's film (the one I thought Dimi was speaking of) was either #1-2. No, I agree with 'X-Men: The Last Stand,' it most certainly deserves the spot.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, scratch that, my useless brain fails me once again. I saw the words 'The Last Stand' on here before I viewed the list, naturally thinking it was that newer Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. Then when I viewed the list, it started me at #3 for some reason, so I just assumed Schwarzenegger's film (the one I thought Dimi was speaking of) was either #1-2. No, I agree with 'X-Men: The Last Stand,' it most certainly deserves the spot.

Ha ha easy done, Arnies last stand was pretty good. Problem is everytime i watch a Arnle film can't help think when he was a dominant screen presence.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Ha ha easy done, Arnies last stand was pretty good. Problem is everytime i watch a Arnle film can't help think when he was a dominant screen presence.

You and I both, I really miss those days. They should've froze him in the 80's and brought him out once a decade to do a few movies.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

You and I both, I really miss those days. They should've froze him in the 80's and brought him out once a decade to do a few movies.

Still think he has got it him in, though just appears he has mellowed too much. Could be worse Bruce Willis just looks disinterested for example from his era.