Your favourite stand up comedians

edited April 2014 in General Discussion Posts: 12,837
I was sure I remembered talking about this on here so I did search for a thread but I couldn't find anything. They don't have to be still working, it can be anybody from any era. There are loads I like, I'm finding it quite hard to choose now, but I think my favourite of all time has to be Johnny Vegas.

Comments

Denis Leary of course

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    It has to be Stewart Lee for me, he of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle fame (BBC 2).
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    @SaintMark Even with stealing Bill Hicks' material? ;-)
    @SaintMark Even with stealing Bill Hicks' material? ;-)

I like Hicks sometimes but prefer Leary and his presentation, as for stealing material most comedians do so sooner or later. It is all about delivery......

Louis C.K. , Denis Leary and Ricky Gervais.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    There's Richard Pryor and then there's everyone else.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2014 Posts: 16,333
    George Carlin.
    Carlin, Gervais, Murphy (before he lost whatever made him funny), C.K. and, above all, Bill Hicks, make my top five.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    George Carlin, 80's Eddie Murphy, Louis C.K., Denis Leary, Ricky Gervais, Dave Chappelle, and Anthony Jeselnik.

Speaking of Murphy, I've watched both 'Raw' and 'Delirious' at least thirty times a piece, and I just recently found rare footage of his 'Pieces Of My Mind' tour. It's only about nine minutes long, but the clip had me in tears, and I would kill to find the VHS of it.
    I think Peter Kay has to be one of my own personal favourites.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I think Peter Kay has to be one of my own personal favourites.

"Can you hear me now?" ;-)