A letter from Roger Moore...

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Kananga wrote:
    Wow, I want some Sir Roger Moore headed note paper!

Don't we all...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Wow, Thank you @fromswedenwithlove !
  • ggl007 wrote:
    Wow, Thank you @fromswedenwithlove !

Don´t mention it. :)
    I have asked Sir Rog questions on his web site and have received responses.

Having said that, I just went on his web site and noticed the last questions he responded to were in February. I hope everything is well with him. I know he got ill late last year. I don't mean to start any rumors. He is a legend and a true ambassador and is missed when he steps out of the public eye.
  • I've just updated my blog again for the first time in like three months. This time it's a review of TMWTGG. Then there is some video-reviews and Top 10's on there as well.

http://jamesbondcollection.bloggplatsen.se/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @fromswedenwithlove, I checked out some of your videos, mainly the one where you were walking through the James Bond museum/store. Very, very cool.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Ellis wrote: »
    I have asked Sir Rog questions on his web site and have received responses.

Having said that, I just went on his web site and noticed the last questions he responded to were in February. I hope everything is well with him. I know he got ill late last year. I don't mean to start any rumors. He is a legend and a true ambassador and is missed when he steps out of the public eye.

The questions are usually posted through his Facebook Group. August's questions have been posted so he is still going strong!

I wrote Daniel Craig when he was doing Betrayal on Broadway. I got the picture back signed and it is one of the jewels of my memorabilia now :)

Best case to reach DC is when he is doing theatre work. The regular agency addresses you see will only return a pre-print. Lazenby is hit or miss with fanmail responses. PB and TD have pre-prints that are sent back. Moore is very rare these days, congrats to the OP on his success. Connery hasn't signed for years and I don't think he ever signed regularly.
    @MooseWithFleas, that's when I wrote him, too. Sent a letter, my blu-ray case (the inner one) of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,' and a still of him from SF, I believe. He sent back his signature on my blu-ray case and that was it. Definitely didn't expect a letter, but I was pretty sore about having spent $10 on that photo and not having it return. I still hold out hope one day that he'll return it to me in person...
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    @fromswedenwithlove, I checked out some of your videos, mainly the one where you were walking through the James Bond museum/store. Very, very cool.

Yes, that place was awsome. I'm thinking of returning there sometime this winter before I'll go to Bond In Motion. The Goldeneye car was really fantastic to see in real life.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @MooseWithFleas, that's when I wrote him, too. Sent a letter, my blu-ray case (the inner one) of 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,' and a still of him from SF, I believe. He sent back his signature on my blu-ray case and that was it. Definitely didn't expect a letter, but I was pretty sore about having spent $10 on that photo and not having it return. I still hold out hope one day that he'll return it to me in person...

@creasy47 Ah that's a shame. Would have been better if he signed the Bond still instead. From following responses to that address, it looks like during the early going of the production Craig was personalizing autographs and on some rarer occasions signing 2 items. As the address got out (as these things do with Via Venue addresses) Craig went to just signing his name and 1 item per.

Your luck is unfortunate there, but at least you got something back and it's hard to blame DC when he likely had hundreds if not thousands of requests come in during a short period of time.
    Oh, absolutely. I never even know about the ease of getting autographs via venue, but from now on, I'm going to keep my eyes out to get my stuff out first. Perhaps I can get two personalized autographs next time or something.
    Yeah if I hear that an actor is going to be appearing in a theatre production, I try to periodically check the fanmail sites for a new address. If it is an actor I really desire, I will try it without a confirmed success. Others I will wait to see the first success and then ship off :)

Judi Dench is a great signer. I emailed her agent and Dench personalized a 5x7 for my wife and I.
    Yeah if I hear that an actor is going to be appearing in a theatre production, I try to periodically check the fanmail sites for a new address. If it is an actor I really desire, I will try it without a confirmed success. Others I will wait to see the first success and then ship off :)

Judi Dench is a great signer. I emailed her agent and Dench personalized a 5x7 for my wife and I.

Could you possibly share the agent's email?
  • TheBondFan wrote: »

I sent a request to this adress:
    Judi Dench
    Julian Belfrage Associates
    9 Argyll Street
    3rd Floor
    London, W1F 7TG
    UK

And got this back :)
    TheBondFan wrote: »

Judi Dench
    9 Argyll Street
    3rd Floor
    London, W1F 7TG
    UK

Thanks!
  • TheBondFan wrote: »
    TheBondFan wrote: »

Judi Dench
    9 Argyll Street
    3rd Floor
    London, W1F 7TG
    UK

Thanks!

Happy to help ;)
    I sent an email to [email protected] last September and received a response within 30 days. Hope this helps!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I sent a fan letter to Sir Rog once and got locked up in an asylum for a little while... I wrote too much praise I think, they surely thought I was crazy :((
    At last, I have sent seven letters today: one for each Bond and one for M.

Wish me luck!
    ggl007 wrote: »

Wish me luck!

Superb! Good luck with the replies and do let us all know if you have any success? :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »

Wish me luck!

Superb! Good luck with the replies and do let us all know if you have any success? :-bd
    Thanks! Fingers crossed!
  • ggl007 wrote: »

Wish me luck!

Good luck! Judi is pretty quick to reply!

:)
  • That's so cool! :D Congrats on your letter! Ahw this make me like him even more.
  • That's so cool! :D Congrats on your letter! Ahw this make me like him even more.

Thank you!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Roger Moore is a wonderful human being. Kind, funny, wise and always willing to address his fans.
    Wow!

Less than ten days later, Dame Judi Dench has send me an autograph on a photo!

I'm absolutely delighted. That´s why she is a real Star and a real Dame of the British Empire.

Thank you, M, you have won an admirer!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Congrats, @ggl007! Might have to do the same one day!
  • ggl007 wrote: »
    Wow!

Less than ten days later, Dame Judi Dench has send me an autograph on a photo!

I'm absolutely delighted. That´s why she is a real Star and a real Dame of the British Empire.

Thank you, M, you have won an admirer!

Nice! She is a lovely lady! ;)
    When I was a kid I sent a letter off to Pierce Brosnan ... still waiting for a reply!
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Eva Green sent an autographed photo back in just 3 months. And she's pretty busy nowadays. Respect.