Common misconceptions about Bond movies

1234568»

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Very Bondian. This guy is a serious contender for the part.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yeah, he could be in YellowEye.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I own DAD, but I don't own NSNA. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

Me too.
    Murdock wrote: »
    "Proper" Bond wouldn't dress like this. ;)
    NSNA-JB0014SCdungarees.jpg

Why must you do this? What is seen cannot be unseen!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote: »
    I own DAD, but I don't own NSNA. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

Me too.
    Murdock wrote: »
    "Proper" Bond wouldn't dress like this. ;)
    NSNA-JB0014SCdungarees.jpg

Why must you do this? What is seen cannot be unseen!
    Perhaps Sean was doing his best Super Mario Impression? =))

The things we take for granted can often be utterly misconceived by the general public: I just read an article where the journalist says that James Bond's gun is a... Beretta.

The article in question: http://www.lapresse.ca/cinema/201605/27/01-4985684-qui-remplacera-daniel-craig-.php
    Well, it was, for some five novels. Not for the movies, though, unless he used one once.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Well, it was, for some five novels. Not for the movies, though, unless he used one once.

The article is in French, but it talks about the movies and mentions "the emblematic Beretta".
    And here's another article, again in French, but this time from someone that gets it: http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/05/30/ne-touchez-pas-a-mon-james-bond

Sophie Durocher illustrates very well one major misconception about Bond by the general public: the character is so unimportant his gender could be changed.
    One common misconception we hear a lot (especially when the casting of the Bond girl is announced) is that the typical Bond Girl is a bikini-clad bimbo. Truth is, this has happened only once, maybe twice, during the whole series. The number of intelligent and competent women far surpasses the number of no-brained lovelies.
    A lot of misconceptions surround Bond girls: that there's always one good, one evil, got instance. It is a misconception that has often been carried on even here.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited May 2019 Posts: 6,791
    Ludovico wrote: »
    And here's another article, again in French, but this time from someone that gets it: http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/05/30/ne-touchez-pas-a-mon-james-bond

Sophie Durocher illustrates very well one major misconception about Bond by the general public: the character is so unimportant his gender could be changed.

Good article, this pretty much sums it up:
    Vous trouvez qu’il n’y a pas assez personnages féminins forts au cinéma? Créez-en, misère, au lieu de voler ceux qui existent déjà!

For those who don’t speak French, it more or less says they should create strong female characters instead of changing the gender of characters that are already there.

Couldn’t agree more. Look at Atomic Blonde, I love that film and part of its appeal is definitely Theron’s excellent turn as a strong no-nonsense female protagonist. I would encourage more of that, but please do keep 007 the way he was intended.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Correct! Leave James Bond intact. Meanwhile, give us those coloured, female, LGBT, ... icons of any genre that they want to turn James Bond into. Give us an incredibly cool gay super-spy, super-hero, super-anything: I'm all for that. Give us an incredibly cool female or dark-skinned super-spy, super-hero, super-anything: I'm all for that. If needs be, put them in a James Bond film. Just . don't . mess . with . James . Bond!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Correct! Leave James Bond intact. Meanwhile, give us those coloured, female, LGBT, ... icons of any genre that they want to turn James Bond into. Give us an incredibly cool gay super-spy, super-hero, super-anything: I'm all for that. Give us an incredibly cool female or dark-skinned super-spy, super-hero, super-anything: I'm all for that. If needs be, put them in a James Bond film. Just . don't . mess . with . James . Bond!

Thank you!