The Great Bond Villain Elimination Game - COMPLETED : REVIEW.

Comments

Murdock wrote:
    I really don't see what's so special about Goldfinger. He's only famous for "No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!" Other than that, he just bumbles around a lot. Not even the people who work for him take him seriously. There are much better villains.

Well a through and through Broznan fan wouldn't understand what a classic Bond film is all about now would they? Goldfinger single handedly made the series the powerhouse that it has become and for that alone he deserves better respect! And he does a lot more than the later scene. He cheats at cards and golf, kills a girl by covering her in gold paint, single handedly uses the US mob and then kills all of them so that he can undertake perhaps the most ambitious scheme of the series by knowing off Fort Knox. Goldfinger is an +A villain and he deserves much, much better than an 11th place finish...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote:
    I really don't see what's so special about Goldfinger. He's only famous for "No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!" Other than that, he just bumbles around a lot. Not even the people who work for him take him seriously. There are much better villains.

Well a through and through Broznan fan wouldn't understand what a classic Bond film is all about now would they? Goldfinger single handedly made the series the powerhouse that it has become and for that alone he deserves better respect! And he does a lot more than the later scene. He cheats at cards and golf, kills a girl by covering her in gold paint, single handedly uses the US mob and then kills all of them so that he can undertake perhaps the most ambitious scheme of the series by knowing off Fort Knox. Goldfinger is an +A villain and he deserves much, much better than an 11th place finish...

Excuse me, but I'm not just a "Brosnan fan." I'm a "Bond" fan. I love everything Bond. I own all the films. I have over 50 VHS tapes that are all Bond movies, given to me by my late father. I own all the Special Edition and Ultimate edition DVD's. I own every Bond soundtrack, even bootleg soundtracks. So I can understand what any Bond film is based on my extreme love of James Bond. Honestly Goldfinger is highly overrated. From Russia With Love is a more interesting and entertaining film. So before you judge my fandom based on the Bond actor I like most, I think you should calm down and realize this is a Game of chance and selection. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and views.
    I'm sorry @Murdock, I'm sure you're just as much of a fan as anyone here, but as @Birdleson has been pointing out, clearly there are nefarious forces at work on this thread which have conspired against one of the most widely beloved Bond villains ever: Auric Goldfinger, and as a fan of Goldfinger I am understandably frustrated by the lack of respect and fairness which he has received in the course of this game...
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited March 2014 Posts: 5,080
    I'm sorry @Murdock, I'm sure you're just as much of a fan as anyone here, but as @Birdleson has been pointing out, clearly there are nefarious forces at work on this thread which have conspired against one of the most widely beloved Bond villains ever: Auric Goldfinger, and as a fan of Goldfinger I am understandably frustrated by the lack of respect and fairness which he has received in the course of this game...

But Goldfinger is not the "most widely beloved beloved Bond villain". People have their preferences, in which Goldfinger is yours.
    DR NO : 26
    RED GRANT : 27
    AURIC GOLDFINGER : 5 (-1)
    ERNST STAVRO BLOFELD (OHMSS) : 30
    FRANCISCO SCARAMANGA : 13
    MAX ZORIN : 16 (+1)
    FRANZ SANCHEZ : 33
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 29
    LE CHIFFRE : 25
    RAOUL SILVA : 23

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    15. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (YOLT)
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    19. Georgi Koskov and Brad Whitaker
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    22. Ernst Stavro Blofeld (DAF)
    23. Gustav Graves
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 2,189

But Goldfinger is not the "most widely beloved beloved Bond villain". People have their preferences, in which Goldfinger is yours.

My point though, as was @Birdlesons was that there has clearly been cheating going on which has unfairly targeted Goldfinger, and that is a damn shame because among most Bond fans he holds a higher esteem than he is receiving in this crooked game!

My point though, as was @Birdlesons was that there has clearly Bern cheating going on which has unfairly targeted Goldfinger, and that is a damn shame because among most Bond fans he holds a higher esteem than he is receiving in this crooked game!

It is exactly just that: a game. If there has been cheating (which I suspect there has) then it is a shame, but I'm not going to lose sleep about it.

My point though, as was @Birdlesons was that there has clearly Bern cheating going on which has unfairly targeted Goldfinger, and that is a damn shame because among most Bond fans he holds a higher esteem than he is receiving in this crooked game!

It is exactly just that: a game. If there has been cheating (which I suspect there has) then it is a shame, but I'm not going to lose sleep about it.

That's because the cheating hasn't been against a character you care about, but has instead been against one that you find overrated. I tell you, if the cheating had been against a cult character like 006 or your beloved Zorin, it would be others here making a fuss about it but apparently I'm the only one who's going to stand up for Goldfinger and attempt to regain the votes he lost so unfairly!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2014 Posts: 28,694
    We can use accusations of cheating to try and justify Goldfinger's coming demise all we want, but calling others lesser Bond fans for not caring for him in comparison to the other villains left is just shameful. From my standpoint, Goldfinger is okay, but in comparison to the rest of the villains in Sean's Bond era he's not as golden as some seem to think. As I have said before, I and several others don't hate Goldfinger to death (except maybe @00Beast ;) ), we just know he is going to be the next to fall, and we have excepted that. Others still haven't grasped that idea yet, blinded by their adoration for him to a fault. I think Thunderball got axed in the film thread prematurely, but I accepted it and didn't try to save it, even though I think it's better than at least five or six of the other films. That's the nature of the game. When it all ends only one film/villain will be left, so if you're going to cry over little old Goldfinger flooding will be inevitable very soon.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Goldfinger, at the very least, has made it to the top ten. It's not as if he was one of the first to be eliminated.

DR NO : 26
    RED GRANT : 27
    AURIC GOLDFINGER : 4 (-1)
    FRANCISCO SCARAMANGA : 13 (+1)
    MAX ZORIN : 16

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
  • DR NO : 26
    RED GRANT : 28+
    AURIC GOLDFINGER : 4
    MAX ZORIN : 16
    FRANZ SANCHEZ : 32-

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 23,579
    DR NO : 27(+1)
    RED GRANT : 28
    MAX ZORIN : 15(-1)
    FRANZ SANCHEZ : 32

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
    edited March 2014 Posts: 5,080

That's because the cheating hasn't been against a character you care about, but has instead been against one that you find overrated. I tell you, if the cheating had been against a cult character like 006 or your beloved Zorin, it would be others here making a fuss about it but apparently I'm the only one who's going to stand up for Goldfinger and attempt to regain the votes he lost so unfairly!!!

No, I wouldn't care. I know that Zorin will be the next to go after Goldfinger, but I'm not going to try to save him because there is no point. If people were illegitimately reducting points from my "beloved" Zorin, I still wouldn't care! It's just a game!
    Birdleson wrote:
    But why even play if legitimacy is irrelevant?

Because there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop the cheaters. Sure, it's a shame that some have chosen to cheat, but it hasn't severely affected the game (which is still lots of fun).
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    DR NO : 27
    RED GRANT : 28
    AURIC GOLDFINGER : 5 +1
    MAX ZORIN : 14 -1
    RED GRANT : 29 (+1)
    AURIC GOLDFINGER : 5
    MAX ZORIN : 14
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 28 (-1)
    Seriously guys, calm down! This is a game, not a battle field. And there's no "right and wrong" or definitive, universal verdicts in the world of Bond. That element of stylistic variety and taste is one of the things that makes Bond appealing!
    RED GRANT : 29
    AURIC GOLDFINGER : 6 +1
    MAX ZORIN : 13 -1
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 28

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
    Sunday

AURIC GOLDFINGER : 6
    FRANCISCO SCARAMANGA : 12 -1
    MAX ZORIN : 13
    FRANZ SANCHEZ : 33 +1
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 28

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    AURIC GOLDFINGER : 5 (-1)
    FRANCISCO SCARAMANGA : 12
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 29 (+1)

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sunday
    DR NO : 28(+1)
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 28(-1)

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Sunday
    DR NO : 28
    MAX ZORIN : 14 (+1)
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 27 (-1)

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves

AURIC GOLDFINGER : 4 (-1)
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 27
    LE CHIFFRE : 25 (+1)

As a point of reference Dominic Greene is a Villian I would put in my top ten yet I have lost no sleep and have been quite fine in spite if him being the third to be eliminated.

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves[/quote]

AURIC GOLDFINGER : 6 (+1)
    MAX ZORIN : 13 (-1)

Eliminated:

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Goldfinger should be on five:

AURIC GOLDFINGER : 4-
    FRANCISCO SCARAMANGA : 13+

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
    MAX ZORIN : 14 (+1)
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 26 (-1)

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    FRANZ SANCHEZ : 34 +1
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 26
    LE CHIFFRE : 24 -1

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves[/quote]

How is Auric still alive? I love him as much as the next fellow but frankly this is crazy. He sure has lasted a while haha; oh well.

MAX ZORIN : 13 (-1)
    FRANZ SANCHEZ : 34
    ALEC TREVELYAN : 27 (+1)
    LE CHIFFRE : 24

11. Elektra King
    12. Dr Kananga/Mr Big
    13. Emilio Largo
    14. Prince Kamal Khan
    16. Hugo Drax
    17. Elliot Carver
    18. Aris Kristatos
    20. Karl Stromberg
    21. Dominic Greene
    23. Gustav Graves
    Birdleson wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

As a point of reference Dominic Greene is a Villian I would put in my top ten yet I have lost no sleep and have been quite fine in spite if him being the third to be eliminated.

Again, the point isn't losing a favorite, it's wasting time ion the game when there's obvious shenanigans. Nobody had to cheat to get rid of Dominic Greene. Losing sleep over a favorite was never the argument.

Exactly! The issue is that there has been cheating, and it is resulting in the pre-mature elimination of a widely popular villain, Goldfinger. It just happens that he's on of my favorites and personally I do lose sleep over it because I know his impending demise is the result of mass fraud...