It Seems There Are More QoS Appreciators Than Thought Before

1575859606163»

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto

Ludovico wrote: »
    Look, folks....AI is capable of generating us a sequel to QoS using the style and likes of the actors and the series in the era between CR and QoS. That's probably our best bet compared to waiting for producers to release a redux or huge bonus addition with commentaries from DC and Judi Dench.

You mean the eta between QOS and SF. I'd still rather have a series of graphic novels. I might exercise myself in the fanfic section.

Similar to how Batman '89 does what WB studios refuses to do to help save DC comics film brand?

Well I don't know about that, I just know there's a whole chunk of Bond's career between QOS and SF that we haven't seen. And a lot of lose ends created by retcon, creative decisions and delays which are worth exploring.

I know what you are talking about but for the other members here can you please address some of the loose ends out for everyone to take note of?

Well whatever happened to Guy Haines and the other Quantum members that have been identified, what the links are between Spectre and Quantum (very different from a Doylist to a Watsonian perspective), whatever happened to Mr White between QOS and SP, how did M got aware of Sciarra, etc.

You forgot Camille....wonder whatever happened to her after the events of QoS

I always thought Mathis' girlfriend Gemma must have been pissed.

So true....

Didn’t she insinuate that Mathis was cheap? That he only buys cheap wine?

Perhaps she’s like: right, with him gone, I can sell this place, travel the world into my old age, drinking the finest wine to my heart’s content…

(joking)

• peter wrote: »
    Look, folks....AI is capable of generating us a sequel to QoS using the style and likes of the actors and the series in the era between CR and QoS. That's probably our best bet compared to waiting for producers to release a redux or huge bonus addition with commentaries from DC and Judi Dench.

You mean the eta between QOS and SF. I'd still rather have a series of graphic novels. I might exercise myself in the fanfic section.

Similar to how Batman '89 does what WB studios refuses to do to help save DC comics film brand?

Well I don't know about that, I just know there's a whole chunk of Bond's career between QOS and SF that we haven't seen. And a lot of lose ends created by retcon, creative decisions and delays which are worth exploring.

I know what you are talking about but for the other members here can you please address some of the loose ends out for everyone to take note of?

Well whatever happened to Guy Haines and the other Quantum members that have been identified, what the links are between Spectre and Quantum (very different from a Doylist to a Watsonian perspective), whatever happened to Mr White between QOS and SP, how did M got aware of Sciarra, etc.

So true....

Perhaps she’s like: right, with him gone, I can sell this place, travel the world into my old age, drinking the finest wine to my heart’s content…

(joking)

Go back and work on your tan!

Mathis wasn't nice to people aside from Bond. Did you see how he talked to the taxi driver who was giving essential plot details?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    peter wrote: »

So true....

(joking)

Mathis wasn't nice to people aside from Bond. Did you see how he talked to the taxi driver who was giving essential plot details?

Regarding Gemma: she wanted René's hands on her skin.

That says it all to me.

Quantum-of-Solace-1053.jpg
  • peter wrote: »

So true....

(joking)

Regarding Gemma: she wanted René's hands on her skin.

That says it all to me.

Quantum-of-Solace-1053.jpg

For Mathis, she was good.....

Surprised Bond didn't go back for her after Camille left him.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,928
    I often wondered if Gemma was secretly being paid to keep an eye on Mathis and report back, with Mathis knowing about it but not letting on that he knew, and so she got turfed out of the island house once he was dead. The accountants were running MI6 in those days, after all.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

She went back to help the Bolivian government with organising the return of the water reserves, replanishing
    Venutius wrote: »
    I often wondered if Gemma was being secretly paid to keep an eye on Mathis and report back, with Mathis knowing about it but not letting on that he knew, and so she got turfed out of the island house once he was dead. The accountants were running MI6 in those days, after all.

Call me a roamantic, but I think she and Mathis had been together for quite some time. They bicker like an old loving couple. But she does have the look on her face knowing that his old profession was getting back at him and taking him away from her.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Currently sat watching QoS on Prime and noticed the onscreen Location names have disappeared. Any ideas why?
  • Happy 15th QoS!

And Happy 8th SP too.
  • Since there will be quite some time before Christopher Nolan makes Bond, let's try to get EoN to re-release QoS with all the deleted scenes (minus the original ending).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Currently sat watching QoS on Prime and noticed the onscreen Location names have disappeared. Any ideas why?

Somebody said elsewhere it may have to do with international versions and subtitles, where all on-screen text is removed so it can be replaced with the native language version of whoever is streaming it. In this case, they probably removed the location title cards entirely and didn't replace them.

I'm so glad I still own these on physical blu-ray because I'd be very bummed to stream this and have parts of the movie missing.

@dramaticscenesofQOS, I'll always be here, ready and waiting for any sort of QoS re-release with director's commentary, deleted scenes, and anything else that's new that they'd like to throw my way.
    Since there will be quite some time before Christopher Nolan makes Bond, let's try to get EoN to re-release QoS with all the deleted scenes (minus the original ending).

Delenda Carthago: I want my series of graphic novels set between QOS and SF.

I might write something in the fanfic section. Never done that before.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    love this movie. brilliant editing. Tosca sequence is amazing.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    cwl007 wrote: »

Somebody said elsewhere it may have to do with international versions and subtitles, where all on-screen text is removed so it can be replaced with the native language version of whoever is streaming it. In this case, they probably removed the location title cards entirely and didn't replace them.

I'm so glad I still own these on physical blu-ray because I'd be very bummed to stream this and have parts of the movie missing.

@dramaticscenesofQOS, I'll always be here, ready and waiting for any sort of QoS re-release with director's commentary, deleted scenes, and anything else that's new that they'd like to throw my way.
    Awesome!
  • Each living James Bond actor can have their own closure with the series through videos games and well done computer effects.

Since the 007 video game universe has gone into all kinds of directions (remakes, fiction like with Legends, direct sequels that never saw the big screen like Bloodstone).....imagine the money EON could make licensing if Timothy Dalton got his third unmade Bond movie done as a AI assisted video game using his likes and voice with de-aging graphics. Having the Bond actors themselves given some creative directional privileges to help his interpretation shine....

George Lazenby can have a video game direct sequel to OHMSS and make up for the failure that was DAF.

Pierce Brosnan can have a better direct sequel to Goldeneye than TND ever was. Or he can be given the Quentin Tarantino based script of what never was of CR for his own game.

Since the pool of potential directors is quite full right now and it seems like Christopher Nolan's rightfully got the long overdue edge on getting to make Bond 26....people like Martin Campbell whose talents can't wait for too long can be utilized with the legacy sequel based video games by serving as director.

Martin Campbell helped make GE and CR memorable with new Bond actors. His challenge will be to re-establish the forgotten ones back to solidifying their presence. Remember in CR and GE there were shots of each first time Bond actor with close ups on their eyes as they regained consciousness in a critical situation?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Each living James Bond actor can have their own closure with the series through videos games and well done computer effects.

Since the 007 video game universe has gone into all kinds of directions (remakes, fiction like with Legends, direct sequels that never saw the big screen like Bloodstone).....imagine the money EON could make licensing if Timothy Dalton got his third unmade Bond movie done as a AI assisted video game using his likes and voice with de-aging graphics. Having the Bond actors themselves given some creative directional privileges to help his interpretation shine....

George Lazenby can have a video game direct sequel to OHMSS and make up for the failure that was DAF.

Pierce Brosnan can have a better direct sequel to Goldeneye than TND ever was. Or he can be given the Quentin Tarantino based script of what never was of CR for his own game.

Since the pool of potential directors is quite full right now and it seems like Christopher Nolan's rightfully got the long overdue edge on getting to make Bond 26....people like Martin Campbell whose talents can't wait for too long can be utilized with the legacy sequel based video games by serving as director.

Martin Campbell helped make GE and CR memorable with new Bond actors. His challenge will be to re-establish the forgotten ones back to solidifying their presence. Remember in CR and GE there were shots of each first time Bond actor with close ups on their eyes as they regained consciousness in a critical situation?

The lack of revenge against Irma Bunt is one of the bigger missed opportunities of the series.
  • echo wrote: »
    Each living James Bond actor can have their own closure with the series through videos games and well done computer effects.

The lack of revenge against Irma Bunt is one of the bigger missed opportunities of the series.

Absolutely.
    It didn't help that the actress who plays her passed away shortly after OHMSS released. But it wasn't impossible....I mean Blofeld was constantly played by a completely different style of actor with each film at the time.

One of the reasons I like Mr. White more than Blofeld is because he is very credible, realistic, and consistent with the actor. Daniel Craig's era fixed a lot of what was wrong before.
  • Bloodstone came out 2 yrs after QoS.....the era of DC before SF was an actively participated one by DC. Sure, his farewell tour after NTTD including all thr ceremonies and SNL appearances were great but Daniel Craig as an actor thrives in his true art potential within drama/thriller genre more than the comedic or dark comedy route. Knives Out series has become too obvious of a cash grab. Craig can easily play in French inspired films like Shoot The Piano Player if that ever gets remade.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I watched QOS last week. I’ve made no secret of if that this is a Bond film I haven’t enjoyed for many a year. However, every time I’ve watched it in the past few years I enjoy it more and more each time.
    I don’t think it’ll quite crack my top ten just yet, but I’m sure it’ll jump a few spots higher than it is.
    It’s a great follow up to CR, and the shorter running time helps after the lengthy CR.
    Benny wrote: »
    I watched QOS last week. I’ve made no secret of if that this is a Bond film I haven’t enjoyed for many a year. However, every time I’ve watched it in the past few years I enjoy it more and more each time.
    I don’t think it’ll quite crack my top ten just yet, but I’m sure it’ll jump a few spots higher than it is.
    It’s a great follow up to CR, and the shorter running time helps after the lengthy CR.

Ah, we've converted another! Good for you @Benny! Its seriously rivalling CR as my favourite Craig Bond movie!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

You're slowly witnessing the error of your ways and coming to the right side of history!

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear it. There's nothing better than slowly but surely warming to a Bond installment you previously didn't like. I've been that way with MR over the past several years; now I love it.
    edited November 2023 Posts: 2,928
    I honestly think that when future fans come to QOS with none of the contemporary context, baggage or expectation of it being a relatively rapid follow-up to CR, they'll see it on its own merits as the genuinely great Bond film it is. I love QOS. I may have mentioned that before...
  • Re releasing Bloodstone and Goldeneye 2010 is a good idea for newer consoles. They can be updated to bridge the gap between QoS and Skyfall.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited November 2023 Posts: 8,691
    I share that part of your feeling, and I've been saying that ever since my first two or three viewings in 2008/2009. I also remember being among the few on the now-defunct IMDb board who had a few good things to say about QOS, while the majority of comments were between meh and damning.

That being said (as I did then), part of the increased appreciation with each viewing is that you always discover or understand some things that you simply missed the first or all of the previous time you watched it, due to what I still think is absolutely abominable editing. I keep hating that - it's as much a waste of perfectly good film stock as is the "Moscow" (actually filmed in Berlin) tunnel chase in The Bourne Supremacy. I wish they'd recut QOS, it can only get better that way. It has almost always been lingering as my sixth-to-last (rank 20 of now 25) because of this issue, just ahead of Octopussy and my "Quartet of Shame", i.e. DAF, AVTAK, TWINE and inevitably DAD.

• edited November 2023 Posts: 704
    I honestly think that when future fans come to QOS with none of the contemporary context, baggage or expectation of it being a relatively rapid follow-up to CR, they'll see it on its own merits as the genuinely great Bond film it is. I love QOS. I may have mentioned that before...

I don't think so. Many fans don't like DAF and we have 7 Roger Moore movies.
    Yeah, but they don't like DAF and the Sir Rog movies precisely because they are judging them on their own merits... ;)
  • edited November 2023 Posts: 704
    Yes, like QoS.

Craig's Bond have 2 good movies (Casino Royale and Skyfall). QoS is Craig's DAF.

Some fans are still asking for a OHMSS sequel.

You are MakeshiftPython and I claim my five pence.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

@DEKE_RIVERS is just young and will see the error of his ways eventually. QoS works slowly but surely. It even converted @Benny .
    edited November 2023 Posts: 2,928
    :)) Excellent, Commander.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters

@DEKE_RIVERS is just young and will see the error of his ways eventually. QoS works slowly but surely. It even converted @Benny .

Great, great! =D>