Fassbender's Bond

Comments

Why have this thread now? DC i believe will be around for another 2 movies atleast?! Then it'll be time to throw a few names in to the ring for his replacement.
    I do agree Michael Fassbender has a good chance of being Bond number 7 . I also wonder if ex teen idol Sean Macguire might be in the running. Facially at now 36 years he is beginning to look worldly enough for the part. Not sure about his height though. ( although Daniel Craig is also on the short side).
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Why have this thread now? DC i believe will be around for another 2 movies atleast?! Then it'll be time to throw a few names in to the ring for his replacement.

This, it does my head in, I wish all this talk about Fassbender would f**k off quite frankly, we allready have a terrific bond!
    DCisared wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

This, it does my head in, I wish all this talk about Fassbender would f**k off quite frankly, we allready have a terrific bond!

^:)^
    DCisared wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

:)) Could not have put it politer myself my friend! ;) Nice one! =))
    To say that Craig is terrific is a gorse overstatement. He’s short, he’s blond, and his face looks like a Russian sailor’s. Sure his movies have been great, but he does not look like James Bond AT ALL! That’s what you guys seem to keep forgetting. Fassbender on the other hand is tall, dark and handsome, with a bit of a cold, evil flavor to him, just like the character is supposed to be. And I don’t know why people keep looking to X-Men to show that he’s good for the part, look at Inglorious Bastatrds. He had a small role in it but he played a British secret agent, and his dialogue with the Nazi commander in the bar before they all killed each other was amazing. He seemed like Bond circa 1944. It’s obvious the Craig is in the driver’s seat right now and will be for the foreseeable future, but Fassbender is young and will be able to pick-up the role when Craig is done, or at least I hope he will, because in my opinion, he would be perfect for Bond, and could very well be a far better one than Craig.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    To say that Craig is terrific is a gorse overstatement. He’s short, he’s blond, and his face looks like a Russian sailor’s. Sure his movies have been great, but he does not look like James Bond AT ALL! That’s what you guys seem to keep forgetting. Fassbender on the other hand is tall, dark and handsome, with a bit of a cold, evil flavor to him, just like the character is supposed to be. And I don’t know why people keep looking to X-Men to show that he’s good for the part, look at Inglorious Bastatrds. He had a small role in it but he played a British secret agent, and his dialogue with the Nazi commander in the bar before they all killed each other was amazing. He seemed like Bond circa 1944. It’s obvious the Craig is in the driver’s seat right now and will be for the foreseeable future, but Fassbender is young and will be able to pick-up the role when Craig is done, or at least I hope he will, because in my opinion, he would be perfect for Bond, and could very well be a far better one than Craig.

I'm sick and tired about Craig being short, he is the shortest of the actors that have portrait Bond but he is by no means short! Moore was blond too, Connery had brown eyes, not blue. None of the actors look exactly like the character is presented in the books because it is not possible! Some things are negociable.
    Fassbender is a good actor, I like him a lot believe me! However I don't think he is the answer to everything Bond like a lot of people seem to think. The only reason why so many people want him for Bond is because he was "sold" as Bond in previous films. I wonder if Magneto in X-Men First Class had been constructed in a different way and not as a "copy" of Connery's Bond people would be constantly screeming "Fassbender for Bond".
    But coming back to the "right looks of Bond" in my opinion, he's kind of skinny for Bond! There, I said it, I don't think any actor less muscular than Connery in Dr. No should be considered for Bond. And don't tell me he can bulk up for the character, look at how it turned out with Brosnan, either one has the physical structure or not and Fassbender boy doesn't!

Rant over.
    I personally don't feel Bond should be bulked up. I'm thinking someone more like Brosnan's build or Fassbender's is fine.
    marymoss wrote:
    I personally don't feel Bond should be bulked up. I'm thinking someone more like Brosnan's build or Fassbender's is fine.

I agree. Craig’s ober-in-shape look is too much. He’s a spy, not a greek god.
    marymoss wrote:
    marymoss wrote:

I agree. Craig’s ober-in-shape look is too much. He’s a spy, not a greek god.
    What I mean is something else, I don't mean at all CR bulk up which was terrible!
    I don't want to put spoilers here but in the Dr. No book there is a part when Bond is knocked ou in a room at the lair and Dr. No goes there to examine him and there is a description of the muscles. There we get a very good idea that Bond is very strong physically. That is how I think Bond should physically be like.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I like Craig but I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about who we want to be Bond next. I mean, he's not going to be Bond forever. I'm betting he'll do 2 more after SF, maybe 3 if they release them without huge gaps.

Idris Elbra should be the next Bond.
    Jason19 wrote:
    I do agree Michael Fassbender has a good chance of being Bond number 7 . I also wonder if ex teen idol Sean Macguire might be in the running. Facially at now 36 years he is beginning to look worldly enough for the part. Not sure about his height though. ( although Daniel Craig is also on the short side).

Hope you are joking about Maguire - possibly the most irritating man on the planet.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Why can't people live for the now? It's plain disrespectful to the current bond actor all this Fassbender talk. People should appreciate the great man we have In the role right now instead of wishing for the future to be here allready. We have THE best actor we have ever had playing James bond and he won't be around forever correct so enjoy him while you can before quite possibly we get a WORSE actor in the role.
    DCisared wrote:
    Why can't people live for the now? It's plain disrespectful to the current bond actor all this Fassbender talk. People should appreciate the great man we have In the role right now instead of wishing for the future to be here allready. We have THE best actor we have ever had playing James bond and he won't be around forever correct so enjoy him while you can before quite possibly we get a WORSE actor in the role.

timothy-dalton-james-bond-timothy-dalton-daniel-craig-badass-demotivational-poster-1242459332.jpg ;)

I like Craig but like I said I think it's fine thinking about who would be good after he's left. I'm not wishing for the future, I'm just thinkin about it. But I don't want Fassbender.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Fassbender will not be Bond full stop, all this of speculation is ridiculous, please someone tell me which other actor that has played Bond was at this level of fame and success? This is so yesterday, I touted this back before Inglourious but that time has now passed, so move on, Cavill is the same. The next Bond will be most likely someone we don't even know yet.

I like TD but a DC a poor man's Dalton, I had a good laugh at that one, seriously Dalton was so much stiffer and wasn't any good in the love scenes, Craig presents the best all round Bond since Connery.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Shardlake wrote:
    Fassbender will not be Bond full stop, all this of speculation is ridiculous, please someone tell me which other actor that has played Bond was at this level of fame and success? This is so yesterday, I touted this back before Inglourious but that time has now passed, so move on, Cavill is the same. The next Bond will be most likely someone we don't even know yet.

Try to ignore it. I've learned to. These people will be after someone else as Bond in a few years.
    I really don't want Fassbender. I'd like Idris Elbra but I doubt it'll happen, like @shardlake said, it'll probably be someone we don't know yet, or someone we don't expect.
    Shardlake wrote:
    I like TD but a DC a poor man's Dalton, I had a good laugh at that one, seriously Dalton was so much stiffer and wasn't any good in the love scenes, Craig presents the best all round Bond since Connery.

People said that when Brosnan was Bond and now everybody loves to bash him (even though he doesn't deserve it). I like Dalton best, and that's not gonna change unless DC blows me away in Skyfall (which isn't likely to happen, I didn't like Craig that much in his last 2 films so I don't think I'm gonna adore him this time)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I like Dalton best, and that's not gonna change until... that's not gonna change.

I don't like Craig as Bond, so i'm all for discussing the next actor, but i'm not really sold on Fassbender. Then again, i've not seen him in much.
    I like Dalton best, and that's not gonna change until... that's not gonna change.

I don't like Craig as Bond, so i'm all for discussing the next actor, but i'm not really sold on Fassbender. Then again, i've not seen him in much.

See Inglorious Bastards! That's all you'll need to get you rooting for him.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,894

I've seen so many people cite Inglorious Bastards as an exaple of Fassbender as Bond. I am curios to see just what Fassbender is like in that film.

And that Tanker pic is pure awesome.

I've seen so many people cite Inglorious Bastards as an exaple of Fassbender as Bond. I am curios to see just what Fassbender is like in that film.

Honestly I saw it and I don't see where people are getting it from.

I like Craig, but I don't think he will top Dalton, I don't think anyone will really, he's been my favourite since I started watching the Bond films. I think there's always a chance though. A tiny one, but a chance.

I'm one of the few who doesn't want Fassbender. I don't see why people think he should be Bond.

Honestly I saw it and I don't see where people are getting it from.

Exactly! I loved the film, loved Fassbender in it, but that's all! I agree with you @thelivingroyale, i also don't want him as Bond and I don't think it will happen honestly.

And that Tanker pic is pure awesome.

See it, if only for the sake of seeing the movie itself because it's awesome. Tarantino does an amazing job as always, and you’ll get to see Fassbender give a great performance as a British spy.
    Never given it a thought about who could replace DC when the time comes? And seeing as it is a few years away, probably 4 to 6 years? Is it really that vital? It's all about Babs and MGW and who they think would be ideal?
    No one will replace Daniel Craig as Bond, the series will end and we´ll all live in the glorious memory of a not so distant past.

On the other hand, maybe some new dude will replace him and turn out to be the best Bond ever, for some at least.

Who knows really?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 624
    Haha people call him "Assbender." =))
    Well from that film he did with viggo mortensen and kiera knightley? He could be called Assbanger!!! =))
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Well from that film he did with viggo mortensen and kiera knightley? He could be called Assbanger!!! =))

=))
    I am sure, DC will leave footsteps, that won't be easy to follow - by nobody. Time will tell, but surely that Fassbender guy is not the answer to all questions Bond.