Fassbender's Bond

Comments

• I'm curious, did anyone place any bets on Craig becoming Bond before Brosnan was out?

Didn't think so.

I can guarantee the next Bond isn't on anyone's radars.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I'm curious, did anyone place any bets on Craig becoming Bond before Brosnan was out?

Didn't think so.

I can guarantee the next Bond isn't on anyone's radars.

I'm in with a chance 8->
    I agree we should appreciate DC for what he is while he is around. He's not perfect but as the preceding decade showed, things can be a lot worse.

Obviously Sean Macguire doesn't carry much weight around here. What about an American Bond. We've had Scottish, Irish and Australian. How about that new guy who's playing the cinema Superman?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Jason19 wrote:
    Obviously Sean Macguire doesn't carry much weight around here. What about an American Bond. We've had Scottish, Irish and Australian. How about that new guy who's playing the cinema Superman?

Henry Cavill, he's a brit, isn't he?

By golly you're right MajorDSmythe ! Henry Cavill is a Brit. I hadn't realised.Took it for granted he would be American. A bit young now but should be ready for the role when DC quits.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The troube is, if Superman is a big hit, and in turns begins it's own series like the Reeve films, then Cavill might be to big for Bond. He would have been more suitable as the younger and greener rookie Bond in CR.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 2,782
    I agree HC was wrongly passed over for the reboot story. DC is better Bond than PB for sure but did he fit into the the reboot Bond universe. No.

Anyway this thread is a bit of fun isn't it? Discussing what might have been or how good that could be...Assbender as Bond is a pipe dream, people here were just so turned on by his Connery style in the X-Men movie. To be fair the whole look of that film was retro cool so his performance stood out even more. Love his performance simply love it...

I don't think I will go and see Prometheus but this trailer shows Fassbender's remarkable acting chops and a certain physical similarity with a chap from a 1960's book.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I find it incredible that Fassbender is aging even faster than Craig, I wonder why. He's only 35!
    Just saw Haywire and Fassbender gets the sh&t kicked out of him by this lovely lady, enjoyable actioner by the way.

Fassbender did look suave.

I still am in the Tom Hardy for Bond #7 camp but if it was Fassbender I wouldn't be upset by any stretch of the imagination.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I'd prefer Damien Lewis over fassbender personally but I can just see the headlines now........

From blonde bond to rusty nuts bond ....
    Fassbender hasn't even been on my radar until I saw him on the illfated Graham Norton show with a drunken Mark Wahlberg.

Fassbender just doesn't cut it as Bond in my opinion. Silly idea.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    He's too famous to ever get it now and the English accent he does (which he used in Inglorious Basterds, and I'm assuming, X Men), is too posh.
  • 002 wrote:

THIS, is a good trailer. Perhaps the best "If" trailer that I've seen. I'd love to see a Moonraker as goog as Fleming's book with Finnes'M, and Fassbender definitly has the retro look for such a part.

A pity is too famous now for the role. He remains a great past-potential Bond, as well as Finnes was in its time. Maybe we'll see him in another part in a Bond movie.

Am i the only one who thinks Fassbemder would be better as Batman then Bond?

(before people say you can't have someone play a marvel character then DC Reynolds did and I am pretty sure he isn't the only one
    002 wrote:

Interesting, but the best thing in the video was M!

Although Fassbender could make a great Bond, I prefer those actor that have a lot of acting experience (sorry Lazenby) but aren't very famous (as Connery, Dalton and Craig).
  • He's too famous to ever get it now and the English accent he does (which he used in Inglorious Basterds, and I'm assuming, X Men), is too posh.

It's called acting! His accent is supposed to be posh in Inglorious Basterds and in X-Men his accent really isn't posh at all.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I've just looked up some clips of X Men and no he wasn't posh, but then he wasn't English either (turns out I'd gotten him mixed up with the other bloke).

He did what I think is his real accent, his Irish one. Same as in Haywire. If he did his Irish accent I suppose it wouldn't be a huge problem as it wasn't an extremely heavy accent and Connery and Brosnan didn't sound English either but I think he'd use his posh English one for Bond.

It's not going to happen anyway.
    I really haven't had a favorite "Next Bond" since Andy Whitfield passed away, but I could roll with Fassbender.

The way I understand it, however, D-Craig is in for two more. Is that correct?

If so, that means recast in 2017 at the earliest. How old will Fassbender be at that point?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    00Ed wrote:
    I really haven't had a favorite "Next Bond" since Andy Whitfield passed away, but I could roll with Fassbender.

The way I understand it, however, D-Craig is in for two more. Is that correct?

If so, that means recast in 2017 at the earliest. How old will Fassbender be at that point?

Fassbender will be too old. People complain Craig looks old, it's true. But Fass is aging very badly, he's 9 years younger than Craig but looks the same age, I can't even imagine how he'll look when Craig leaves the role. But I don't think he'll get a chance to become Bond, the next one will be who people least expect, just like Craig a few years ago.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,661
    That's a cool fan Moonraker trailer - perhaps a bit too long. It's like I've seen the whole film watching that. :D
  • Michael Fassbender would make a good James Bond. I believe that Michael would bring a suave, & sophisticated element to the James Bond character. But can get the job done with the Bond Villians. (Similar to Pierce Brosnan's James Bond)
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    edited May 2013 Posts: 893

as hard it was for Lazenby take over from Connery, whoever takes over from Dan will feel like Moyes replacing Sir Alex at United. Herculean task I believe is the correct phrase in these circumstances.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Sandy wrote:
    00Ed wrote:

he way I understand it, however, D-Craig is in for two more. Is that correct?

Fassbender will be too old. People complain Craig looks old, it's true. But Fass is aging very badly, he's 9 years younger than Craig but looks the same age, I can't even imagine how he'll look when Craig leaves the role. But I don't think he'll get a chance to become Bond, the next one will be who people least expect, just like Craig a few years ago.

My Wife says that is bollocks that Fass looks the same age as Craig, she's been a fan since before he was in 300 and thinks he looks fine for his age.

I'm one of Craig's biggest advocates but have to say he looks somewhat older than Mr Fassbender and Craig looks varying degrees of ages, I believe he was supposed to look a bit run down in Skyfall but he needs to let his hair grow for Bond 24, no more short cuts back to the same style as QOS please or slightly longer.

As for Fass being Bond forget it and age will have nothing to do it as I've said countless times just like Hardy he will be far too big a star, Cavill is more likely though after Man of Steel I'd be surprised, the next Bond isn't even on peoples radar yet.
    Cavill looks like a Ken Doll. No charisma whatsoever.
    Matthew Vaughan and Michael Fassbender may not be out of the realm of possibility...

http://screenrant.com/michael-fassbender-james-bond-benm-117237/