2013: The year of endings

edited January 2014 in General Movies & TV Posts: 12,837
Breaking Bad- finished.
Mad Dogs- finished.
Misfits- finished.
Luther- finished.
Him and Her- finished.
Matt Smith's era of Doctor Who- finished.
The IT Crowd- finished.

And it's not just TV shows. This also applies to films and even games. Simon Pegg and Nick Frosts cornetto films are finished now and there was a new xbox and playstation out in 2013.

Is it me or did tons of stuff end last year? Feel free to add anything I've missed.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited January 2014 Posts: 23,562
    I has been announced that Futurama's last episode has aired in 2013. Though many folks among cast and crew speculate there might actually be a revival someday, so far the show has officially ended.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Also CSI:NY has finished. It's been limping on for a few years now, although I thought the final season, was the best in a long time.

Ah, yes, the end of an era; Fergie

And not a bad way for the PS3 to go out - Tomb Raider and GTA 5 were both excellent.
    royale65 wrote:
    Also CSI:NY has finished. It's been limping on for a few years now, although I thought the final season, was the best in a long time.

And not a bad way for the PS3 to go out - Tomb Raider and GTA 5 were both excellent.

Not to mention it's pièce de résistance - The Last Of Us.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I heard great things about that...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Don't forget about the long-lasting (but terribly overdone in the latter half) ending of 'Dexter.'
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Shameless ended this year too, and Skins, but I've never really watched either.
    royale65 wrote:

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Jamie Carragher and Paul Scholes (again) retired too at the end of last season too, both one club players with long, successful careers behind them and both players who I really respect, even though I'm neither a United or a Liverpool fan.

And then Micheal Owen retired too although it was just sad more than anything. He played in three world cups, he scored 150 premier league goals, and he ends his career on the bench at Stoke (terrible move, signing for them). He should've retired much sooner and he probably would've done much better if he'd never left Liverpool.
    The fantastic show that was Ripper Street too also came to an end! :((
    Dexter's ending made me a sad panda, but seeing Fry and Leela being officially together in Futurama made me a bit happier when the show was put into hibernation...again.
  • Another one: Tom Clancy died, so no more of his books.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2014 Posts: 4,449
    The guy who said it be the end of the world, whas correct it be end of the world for him in 2013.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Lucas Arts was officially shut down, so no more video games by them.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Don't forget about the long-lasting (but terribly overdone in the latter half) ending of 'Dexter.'

Were you as disappointed as I was with the last season and final episode of Dexter?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    M_Balje wrote:
    The guy who said it be the end of the world, whas correct it be end of the world for him in 2013.

:)) It is funny because it is true.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ed83 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Were you as disappointed as I was with the last season and final episode of Dexter?

I didn't watch it because I quit around the sixth season. It just became terrible and I couldn't enjoy it any longer.