PTS to end film?

edited January 2014 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,052
I have always considered a lot of the pre title sequences to be the end of the the previous mission, such as in MR, OP, TND etc.

So what if at the end of a Bond film there was the start of the next mission, which would then lead straight into the PTS of the next film anybody think this would be an interesting twist to the formula?

Comments

No.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I like the idea- if it can be executed correctly, that is. Having the main mission conclude, and then seeing this whole new snippet of another mission in progress would leave people very anxious to know what comes next. I think it would work great if 'James Bond will return' appears just as Bond begins some death defying stunt. In another thread many, many months back, I put across the idea that the end of a future film turns into the MR PTS (Bond returning from a mission in Africa), but obviously updated to these times.
    Already done. The PTS f QOS is the direct follow-up of CR '06's ending.
    Yes, not only it is already done but it is difficult to do technically, when a number of years have passed between films.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If this was done you'd have to film all the sequence at the same time and as we know, filming part of the next film ahead of release of the upcoming one is something that is unlikely to be done and we've already been shown such a scenario.

The idea does work though, how many were excited for the start of Quantum Of Solace to see 'what happens next'?
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Three years is a long time to wait for a cliffhanger. Perhaps if they would release them two years apart again it might be cool. I think I would prefer for the adventure to start fresh though. It's part of the fun of the standalone aspect of these films.
    It worked in QoS but this was due to specific circumstances. It can only be used sparingly.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Samuel001, I was very excited for that, just dying to know exactly how/where it picked up from. It didn't disappoint.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I agree. I don't really want to see a repeat of the QoS PTS, and then only if the film is a true sequel to what went before, as QoS of course was.
  • I prefer having stand alone Bond films.
    SF had kind of a PTS for the next one... and I don't like it! I prefer if there is a closure in each film because 2 or 3 year are too many to wait for the conclusion.