Bill O'Reilly's Review of "Solo"

DB5DB5
edited November 2013 in Literary 007 Posts: 408
Just got an email that Bill O'Reilly gave a positive review of "Solo" on "The O'Reilly Factor" tonight. He said that most of the Bond books post Ian Fleming were flat but this one he really enjoyed. The show repeats at 11:00pmEST.

Comments

• Well, that's good for Bill O'Reilly, and it's good to see that he has solid taste in the Bond novels, but does this really warrant its own thread?
  • O'Reilly praised it?

Yet another reason not to read it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    CraterGuns wrote:
    O'Reilly praised it?

:))
    I am starting to wonder if I should even bother to pick it up
    Great, and I heard Geraldo liked it too, how exciting
    CraterGuns wrote:
    O'Reilly praised it?

=))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't care if O'Reilly is starring in 'Bond 24,' nothing he ever does should warrant a new thread.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't care if O'Reilly is starring in 'Bond 24,' nothing he ever does should warrant a new thread.

As the villain? Obviously not as Bond and probably not as the romantic interest. He'd make a nice sacrificial character (can't quite bring myself to call him a "lamb")...
  • Mr. O has stated in many programs that he is an avid fan of both Ian Fleming and the BOND films in general. He often reminds his viewers he has lived and worked in London for a time as well.
  • Thanks for the information. I will watch the 11:00 PM show. Sounds good to me. How come everyone is so negative about everything? Loosen up people. I enjoy positive news about anything connected to James Bond.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited November 2013 Posts: 17,690
    Readyhere wrote:
    I enjoy positive news about anything connected to James Bond.
    Me too, and welcome to MI6.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 4,622
    O'Reilly liked it. Well good for him. I generally like O'Reilly, although he can be real whiny lame sometimes. But I've put Solo down for time being, as its kind of boring. I will pick it up again this week. Maybe it gets better. About 150 pages deep.
    DB5 wrote:
    He said that most of the Bond books post Ian Fleming were flat but this one he really enjoyed.
    Again I'm glad that O'Reilly liked it.Maybe it gets better. But again I have real trouble getting excited about any of the continuation novels. I read them all, but barring the Pearson book, none of them remotely compare to Fleming. Pick your poison. They are all readable but none of them are worth raving about IMO, other than the Pearson book.
    So if O'Reilly thinks this new entry is special, well that's just swell. Good for him.

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited November 2013 Posts: 7,314
    timmer wrote:
    But again I have real trouble getting excited about any of the continuation novels.
    This. To be honest I stopped a long time ago at Gardner. It just feels like a fake enterprise.