Judi Dench returns as M! (Sorta)

edited November 2013 in News Posts: 4,400
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/harvey-weinstein-enlists-judi-denchs-654218

This is rather fun. The story behind the video is also humorous and it's good to see that Weinstein and EON both have a sense of humour.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Ha, it's rather, is it not? Thanks for this @Pierce2Daniel.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Haha, that's pretty cool, thanks for the link.
    Great vid, but I can't stand Harvey Wankstein. The most egotistical, obnoxious sod in Hollywood. And that is saying something!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Great vid, but I can't stand Harvey Wankstein. The most egotistical, obnoxious sod in Hollywood. And that is saying something!

Oh don't sugarcoat it, Willy. ;) Actually, I've read some pretty strange/not nice things about him. But seeing as he matters in my world about as much as that fly that just went out the window, I haven't really looked into the matter of how big a jerk he is.
    His campaigning during awards season is legendary. He puts politicians to shame with his dirty dealings.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes that is rather what I read; quite a thug about it. Shame.
    I enjoy some of his films very much, on their own merit.
    UPDATE: A source tells Deadline that a new full version of TWC‘s Philomena-MPAA video is about to drop. This time Judi Dench’s M will be armed with a secret weapon – Philomena co-star, writer, and producer Steve Coogan – and a surprise ending. Stay tuned.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/philomena-rating-protest-harvey-weinstein-judi-dench
  • Anyone hoping for a Daniel Craig cameo?
  • DeJunkanoooDeJunkanooo Banned
    The man's too busy, the life of a hollywood star is never easy. Can you imagine how many James Bond scripts Dan has to read, looking for the perfect one to make the next Bond from? Great video of M, she's a national UK treasure, and a good friend to have I bet. Can you imagine a dinner with that great dame? The stories she could tell of royalty, theatre.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    The man's too busy, the life of a hollywood star is never easy. Can you imagine how many James Bond scripts Dan has to read, looking for the perfect one to make the next Bond from? Great video of M, she's a national UK treasure, and a good friend to have I bet. Can you imagine a dinner with that great dame? The stories she could tell of royalty, theatre.

He's too busy? From what I've heard, all he has on him is Betrayal and Bond 24.
  • DeJunkanoooDeJunkanooo Banned
    edited November 2013 Posts: 25
    Do you think the life of a movie star is sitting around by the pool smoking pot all day? Its hard work and I'm sure Craig has more concerns than just waiting until the director says action. we all have busy lives to begin with.. just imagine how it must be for one of hollywood's best and brightest.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited November 2013 Posts: 2,630
    No, but Daniel Craig could've made an appearance. It's not like he has no free time on his hands. And what do you mean how many Bond scripts he has to read? He has essentially one script (with a bunch of revisions) and he doesn't decide what story it is, that's the screenwriter's job to bring in for the producer and director.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    They won! The rating has been changed in America:

“We owe this victory to Barbara Broccoli, producer of the James Bond series, Daniel Craig and Sam Mendes who because of their relationship with Judi Dench gave permission to spoof the ratings system using the M character. We know that went a long way into shedding light on the themes of the movie and the fact that the PG-13 rating was correct. We are glad the MPAA has a good sense of humor and with the cooperation of Barbara and her team it was proven once again no one does it better than James Bond. And my sincerest congratulations to Steve Coogan, who went to the MPAA and defended the case personally,” said TWC co-chair Harvey Weinstein in a statement today.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/weinstein-wins-mpaa-philomena-ratings-appeal
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 13
    Lets hear it for the courage of Babs Broccoli, and Dame Judi. The MPAA has had an iron grip of censorship on hollywood for the longest time. Abolish the ratings system outright, and instead implement a central database or website that simply lists what elements (violence, sexualization, torture) are in a given film- let the parents of America get off their @$$ and make some informed decisions on what THEY think is right for their children to see.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2013 Posts: 28,694
    This was very clever and funny. Here's the full video for those that wish to see it:
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, it says the video has been removed by the user. I'll get around to watching the whole thing, but it's cool that it worked out and they got the rating they wanted.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Strange that.
    She is such a good sport! Very funny! :))
    Well it would appear that in the end what Harvey Weinstein wants, Harvey Weinstein gets!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24938350