Does the new Quantum Fragrance for Men mean that we'll see Quantum's return in Bond 24?

Comments

Creasy47 wrote:
    @fjdinardo, what makes you so sure?

I just feel with the success of Skyfall being a stand alone film, and Sam Mendes direcing again and John Logan writing the script I dont see them bringing back Quantum.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    But when they spoke about having 'Bond 24' end on a cliffhanger that would pick up with 'Bond 25,' didn't they talk about bringing Quantum back? Plus, while SF was standalone and separate from Quantum/Vesper, it still wasn't a standalone mission, it was another one driven by revenge and Bond trying to protect those close to him.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    But when they spoke about having 'Bond 24' end on a cliffhanger that would pick up with 'Bond 25,' didn't they talk about bringing Quantum back? Plus, while SF was standalone and separate from Quantum/Vesper, it still wasn't a standalone mission, it was another one driven by revenge and Bond trying to protect those close to him.

Yea but then they killed that rumor saying both Bond 24 and Bond 25 will be stand alone films and not be filmed back to back like it was rumored to be
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Not filmed back-to-back. I'm sure the story will overlap somewhat between the two films.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Not filmed back-to-back. I'm sure the story will overlap somewhat between the two films.

agree to disagree. I just think Bond 24 and 25 will be 2 stand alone bond films
    @fjdinardo, you can't disagree about the filming part, though, because they never stated they would be filmed back to back.

Well, time will tell. None of us know for 100% certainty if the films will be standalone, if they will overlap and 'Bond 24' will end on a cliffhanger, or if it will involve Quantum or not. Feelings, maybe, but not facts. I think after introducing them and with Craig's two films being the "last" (unless he does get to do more), they really should tackle Quantum once more.
  • I'm not fussed about Quantum. If they return, fine, if not, QOS tied up their story nicely. They don't seem that interesting to me.
    I think they can do something even better with QoS, and with Mr. White and Quantum still out there (we have yet to see/hear anything about the head of Quantum, and I don't count Mr. White as dead or captured, since we will NEVER get to see that alternate QoS ending), I want it to be continued/wrapped up.
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    So yeah forget about building an orgnization imagined if they did that in the 60's after goldfinger "Spectre who cares about them"

After the success of Skyfall their not going to go back to Quantum. There going to be doing stand alone films from here on out

How do you know? And now the trend in franchises is to have continuity and recurring or semi recurring adversaries. See the Batman franchise for instance. A recurring adversary helps create a proper aura of menace.

Quantum is not coming back. At least not for Bond 24

Again: how do you know?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    So yeah forget about building an orgnization imagined if they did that in the 60's after goldfinger "Spectre who cares about them"

After the success of Skyfall their not going to go back to Quantum. There going to be doing stand alone films from here on out

How do you know? And now the trend in franchises is to have continuity and recurring or semi recurring adversaries. See the Batman franchise for instance. A recurring adversary helps create a proper aura of menace.

He's psychic.
    Ludovico wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Sam Mendes directing and John Logan writing. Both men were not involved with Quantum
    @fjdinardo, so they can't become involved with Quantum? That doesn't make sense at all.
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Sam Mendes directing and John Logan writing. Both men were not involved with Quantum

That means absolutely nothing it is not proof that Bond 24 will be standalone, it is not even evidence. John Logan said Bond should always fight Blofeld. Now, I don't want to do the Blofeld debate here, but that seems to indicate at least some interest for continuity between movies and in the nature of the enemies of Bond.

Oh and by the way, GF was a huge success too, they still used SPECTRE in TB. And in subsequent movies, until LALD. Now I do not want Quantum to become a repetitive enemy and to be overused, but I am all for its return. Like I said, it is now a trend in movie franchises.
    Look im not saying what im saying is true. All im saying is that I dont think they will bring Quantum back. Its my predictions
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Quantum has had a great buildup in CR and QoS, and to waste them of in a PTS feels a bit naff.
    No, bring me Bond 24 where Bond is facing of Quantum or one of it's members. And then reveal their leader in form of Christoph Waltz as Guntram Shatterhand, which is NOT Blofeld.
    That's my dream-scenario.
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Look im not saying what im saying is true. All im saying is that I dont think they will bring Quantum back. Its my predictions

You did not say you don't think Quantum is coming back, or that it is unlikely it is coming back, you said it will not come back.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 9,779
    Actually hasn't Wilson gone on record in saying Quantum will be back for bond 24 I could of sworn during the press junket for Skyfall either he or Barbra said "Quantum is still very active"
    I'm not sure, @Risico007. Might have to go through some videos to find it. I'd like some confirmation, I think it would be great for Quantum to make a return.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Risico007 wrote:
    Actually hasn't Wilson gone on record in saying Quantum will be back for bond 24 I could of sworn during the press junket for Skyfall either he or Barbra said "Quantum is still very active"

They have not said that Quantum will be back specifically for Bond24 but they have said that Quantum is still active and might be a possible threat in the future.
    I just don't want them to not focus on Quantum for many, many years, just to bring it back when a new actor takes over as Bond. It won't feel as fresh as it does now. Bring them back for 'Bond 24'!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I just don't want them to not focus on Quantum for many, many years, just to bring it back when a new actor takes over as Bond. It won't feel as fresh as it does now. Bring them back for 'Bond 24'!

Indeed. They need to keep them when they are still hot so to speak.
    My James Bond movie dream would be for them to make the game Agent Under Fire a movie. I always loved playing the game and the plot they had for it
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Speaking definitively this early in the game is foolish on both sides of the Quantum argument. Keep your mind open to what will come.

As far as my opinion on Quantum's return: It would make sense.

Besides, Never Say Never B-)
    @JWESTBROOK, I can't speak for others, but I never spoke definitely. Mere speculation. :-)
  • RC7RC7
    All I want is a brilliant movie. If it happens to feature Quantum, fine. If it doesn't I couldn't care less. Logan needn't be hamstrung and I'm pretty sure he won't allow himself to be.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 1,965
    Here is a scene in Bond 24 about QUANTUM

East west just points of the compass each as stupider as the other. Im a member of QUANTUM. QUANTUM? QUANTUM. Quack, Union, Associations, Nations, Underachieving, Men. The four great cornerstones of power headed by the greatest idiots in the world. Correction Criminal idiots. The successful criminal idiot is always superior. It has to be! Bond then says: LOL u guys will never be as good as SPECTRE. Bond then kills the leader and blows up QUANTUMS HQ then the pre titles role then onto the real plot of the movie
    You may not want quantum back but I do I mean they have people in every spy agency even as close as M's bodyguard I mean jeez that alone could fill a dozen or so films.
    Quantum, or spectre for that matter, is only as good as the writing allows them to be. So the sarcastic post of our friend above is non sequitur.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote:
    Quantum, or spectre for that matter, is only as good as the writing allows them to be. So the sarcastic post of our friend above is non sequitur.

Indeed. This is always the case. The pen is mightier than the sword, after all.
    Its a bit of a stretch to assume this to be the case, however? I want Quantum to return in Bond 24 so if they do? I will be the first to congratulate you!!! ;) :D