Does the new Quantum Fragrance for Men mean that we'll see Quantum's return in Bond 24?

DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
edited November 2013 in SPECTRE Posts: 17,804
I saw this, the new Quantum James Bond Fragrance for Men in GQ Magazine last week and below is posted the website for the product:

http://www.007fragrances.com/?gclid=CPXloPaL07oCFfMdtAod_gEAuA

I thought this was worthy of a thread as it would seem to point to the return of the Quantum organisation in Bond 24.

I do find the fact that they named the new James Bond fragrance "Quantum" to be significant.

Have I stumbled upon definite proof of this or not?

I'm eager to hear what others think of this one.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well we had a Bond fragrance thread, but it shut down.

While I wouldn't consider this proof, I do find it odd that they went with the name 'Quantum,' even after people trashed the title of QoS because it didn't make sense. Why not 'Royale'?
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote:

While I wouldn't consider this proof, I do find it odd that they went with the name 'Quantum,' even after people trashed the title of QoS because it didn't make sense. Why not 'Royale'?

They already have one called 'Ocean Royale'.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2013 Posts: 17,804
    Creasy47 wrote:

Or even why not call the new fragrance "Skyfall" after that film's immense success at the box office worldwide?

No, I think that the name "Quantum" was put there for a reason as I have suggested in my OP.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Dragonpol, I wouldn't think they would allude to Quantum's return through a fragrance, but you never know when easter eggs or hints will crop up. It'd be nice if they did do something like that. I feel like at this point, Craig's Bond is at a proper point - we have Q and MP now, with a new M - for them to set up a traditional film and bring back Quantum. I'll be surprised if they don't take that route.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Dragonpol, I wouldn't think they would allude to Quantum's return through a fragrance, but you never know when easter eggs or hints will crop up. It'd be nice if they did do something like that. I feel like at this point, Craig's Bond is at a proper point - we have Q and MP now, with a new M - for them to set up a traditional film and bring back Quantum. I'll be surprised if they don't take that route.

Jury is still out on Quantum's return for me. Logan had no involvement in it's development and neither did Mendes. If it were me, and I were Logan, my only interest would be developing a story that I wanted to tell. Not one that was obliged to include Quantum. If he found the story he wanted to tell was a natural fit for Quantum then why not. Otherwise I'm firmly of the opinion we'll get something new.
    if we get a new brand called "Blofeld" I'll definetly be intrigued!
    yet if the new fragrence was called Spectre or Blofield more would be inclined to believe of their return.. Personally I want Quantum to come back
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote:
    yet if the new fragrence was called Spectre or Blofield more would be inclined to believe of their return..

Illogical.
    As much as I want Quantum to be back... I don't think the fragrance is a sign.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't think the naming of the fragrance is of any sort of proof of Quantun's return. That being said I do hope Quantum does return but the fragrance holds no allusions for this to be so.
  • Dragonpol wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Or even why not call the new fragrance "Skyfall" after that film's immense success at the box office worldwide?

No, I think that the name "Quantum" was put there for a reason as I have suggested in my OP.

I think that's wishful thinking coming into play. Seems more like they're going through the Craig Bonds sequentially.
    I think the name of the fragrance is a good sign, if only in the fact that the name Quantum is, and will be throughout it's sale, on their minds during production of Bond 24.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This was released in July, you know, so it may have been used to it's full impact by now.
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    on their minds during production of Bond 24.

On whose minds?
    Creasy47 wrote:

Agreed and I too hope that that is the route that they do eventually take for Bond 24. For me Quantum is not any sort of albatross round the writers' neck as some seem to think it is.
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

On whose minds?

Both creative team and audiences.

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

On whose minds?

Both creative team and audiences.

I think it's significant that the new fragrance was named "Quantum"; others take a different view...
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 5,745
    I think naming the fragrance 'Quantum' is good for keeping the name out in the public arena. People will see it on shelves, and see and hear ads for it. It will be in the background.

Whether or not that will build up to something on film, in my opinion, can't be debated because there is no evidence either way.

If I wanted to put Quantum back on film, naming a men's fragrance in a popular line of fragrances 'Quantum' wouldn't be on the list of "bad" ideas... but I don't think it means anything.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It may or may not. Hopefully it does mean Quantum's return.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    It depends on who actually decided on the name. If it wasn't anyone intimately associated with the production of B24 then it doesn't mean anything.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Keep in mind.. we have two years until release.

One year+ until we have a Bond 24 title.

There is an extremely high chance of them releasing another fragrance, if not two more, by the time we learn anything title or plot wise about Bond 24. I'd bargain a 'Skyfall' one is in the works, maybe even one with 'Golden-' something seems a sure bet.

If I wanted Quantum's return and the titling of a fragrance to coincide, I wouldn't release the fragrance two years early... Don't hold your breath.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Keep in mind.. we have two years until release.

One year+ until we have a Bond 24 title.

There is an extremely high chance of them releasing another fragrance, if not two more, by the time we learn anything title or plot wise about Bond 24. I'd bargain a 'Skyfall' one is in the works, maybe even one with 'Golden-' something seems a sure bet.

If I wanted Quantum's return and the titling of a fragrance to coincide, I wouldn't release the fragrance two years early... Don't hold your breath.

Good points there. Perhaps I did read read a bit too much into it, but I thought it was worth commenting on, at least.
    No absolutely not. IMO they killed ever bringing back Quantum with the awfulness that was QOS and the greatness that was Skyfall
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Quantum deserves a second chance instead of shoehorning a rebooted Blofeld/SPECTRE for the sake of fan wank.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Two years until release but Logan has been working on the script for a long time already and Quantum may well be in it - it could have been established in the plot a year ago even. We just don't know.

My first impression is that it would be a little odd for a fragrance to come out named Quantum ... and there were no allusion to Quantum in Bond 24. I wouldn't pick that word out of the Bond vocabulary for a cologne or perfume. Really, the fragrance should have been named: Skyfall, or Provacateur, or Last Rat Standing (ok, maybe not that one ...) ;)
    fjdinardo wrote:
    No absolutely not. IMO they killed ever bringing back Quantum with the awfulness that was QOS and the greatness that was Skyfall

Moot point. Whatever you think about QOS, the organization is still there. YOLT was weaker than the previous movies, but Blofeld was still used to great effect in OHMSS.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I don't think it means anything, it just sounded good enough for a fragrance and I agree they might be following the Craig tenure titles.
    What they do have is a talented nez doing these fragrances because they smell very good indeed (Quantum included) and not like something you can buy at this price range.
    none of this makes scents! ( sense, scents... oh well I,m here all week!)
    LeChiffre wrote:
    none of this makes scents! ( sense, scents... oh well I,m here all week!)

That is actually very funny. Or maybe I'm easy to please.