Last Bond Movie You Watched

Comments

watched TWINE properly for the first time, highly enjoyed, probably one of the best brosnan's, equal to Ge, not as overrated. THe ski-scene was slow, boring and full of cliches but the boat chase, the car cutting scene and most of the other parts of the movie was really enjoyable, Dr Christmas Jones wasn't that bad, just have OHMSS and NSNA until watched whole series
    Quoting Xboy:
    watched TWINE properly for the first time, highly enjoyed,
    probably one of the best brosnan's, equal to Ge, not as overrated. THe ski-scene
    was slow, boring and full of cliches but the boat chase, the car cutting scene
    and most of the other parts of the movie was really enjoyable, Dr Christmas
    Jones wasn't that bad, just have OHMSS and NSNA until watched whole series
    That's a controversial view around here - one I'll support :)
  • Quoting BAIN123:

That's a controversial view around here - one I'll support :-)
    And I as well.
    QoS on BD. My head almost exploded. It was awesome. :-bd
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    The last 20 minutes of YOLT in Spanish on the Telemundo channel.
    Quoting RogueThunderball: And I as well.
    well it is #1 in my list so woo hoo i agree with it too :-bd and PKK you watched with spanish subtitles?
    Quoting dragonsky: PKK you watched with spanish subtitles?
    No. It was dubbed in Spanish. It's actually very interesting to watch Bond films in foreign languages. I've seen all of OHMSS in Spanish.
    haha well did you know Spanish?i bet it really funny to watch it on Spanish.:D :D :D i can just imagine any Bond movie in Macedonian.haha that will be hilarious
    Mi espanol es asi asi. Necesito practicar mi espanol mucho para aprender el idioma. Puedo entender mucho de espanol cuando yo escucho pero no hablo muy bien. Las peliculas de 007 en espanol ayuda me mucho porque conozco las peliculas muy bien en ingles.

Rough Translation: My Spanish is so so. I need to practice my Spanish a lot in order to learn the language. I can understand much Spanish when I listen but I don't speak it as well as I'd like. Watching Bond films in Spanish helps me a lot since I already know the movies so well in English.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 303
    Dr. No, just finished it actually (seen it many timesbefore),one of the greatest films out, and one rare film for me that doesn't really show its age :')
  • @dragonsky
    Quoting dragonsky:
    well it is #1 in my list so woo hoo i agree with it too
    I also have it as #1 on my rankings as well...Glad to know there's at least one person who see's it the way I do!
    :)
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    Watched YOLT last night - there is little trace of Fleming in the film but it's very, very enjoyable. I think YOLT has to hold the record for most unintentional laughs in a Bond movie; the ninja training scenes are so dumb and over-the-top (karate-chopping a watermelon? Why?) that I cannot help but laugh out loud and the end fight scene for me is not as grand of a spectacle as it is a collection of humorous, albeit well executed, stunts.

But as usual, I was in awe of Ken Adam's sets and John Barry's music. I think Connery rocks in this one too; I have never found Connery to look disinterested at any point in YOLT, as many have said, though he is not up to his standard set in the previous films. Good flick all around.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2011 Posts: 15,690
    YOLT is #8 for me ! An excellent film ! 3rd best Connery outing, behind DAF and and TB. \:D/
    YOLT is #8 for me ! An excellent film ! 3rd best Connery outing, behind DAF and and TB. \:D/
    I envy those who can rank all of the Bond films - I find it very difficult. I suppose YOLT would not break into the top 10 for me, if I were able to rank the films without changing it up in a day, but it would not be far out.

One of these days I need to sit down and watch all of the Bond films in a row and come up with a definitive ranking.
    TMWTGG Ultimate Edition with the Roger Moore commentary. It's my first UE which I bought since there was a scratch on my SE DVD TMWTGG. I must say, I'm really impressed by the UE digital remastering look of the film. I really enjoyed Sir Rog's commentary and would like to hear his others. I like how he commented at the end he thought TMWTGG was good. He says it was his 1st time seeing it since its premiere. My only disappointment with the UE DVD is it didn't include the deleted footage of the Bond vs. Scaramanga gun duel at the end. Now, I'm debating whether I should buy UEs for TB, TLD, OHMSS, YOLT, OP and MR or wait to purchase a blue ray player.
    I envy those who can rank all of the Bond films - I find it very difficult. I suppose YOLT would not break into the top 10 for me, if I were able to rank the films without changing it up in a day, but it would not be far out.

One of these days I need to sit down and watch all of the Bond films in a row and come up with a definitive ranking.

I've managed to do it, however films do occasionally change positions and jump about.

Although its rare for a film to take a massive dive or rise in my rankings.

Quoting BAIN123:

That's a controversial view around here - one I'll support :-)
    And I as well.
    Me toooooo!!

Glad to read of your fondness for TB, DC007 :) There is something very appealing and larger-than-life about Connery's big budget, Panavision Bond films.
    Watched DAF with my son. Connery was old in that film.
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 11,189
    Just finished re-watching MWTGG for the first time in about in a year and a half (maybe even 2 years). Talking about it the other day on mi6 made me want to go back and take another look at it since it seems to get a fair bit of appreciation around here.

I always ranked it fairly low in my ratings, and to be honest it still is - though maybe it has moved up a few positions.

There is a good film in MWTGG. The central concept of Bond facing his evil counterpart is potentially compelling and was seen again 21 years later in GE. The PTS is brilliantly done with Barry's errie score and the creepy, fair-ground like fun house.

Bond playing detective as he tries to track down the origin of the golden bullet is fine and in fact the first 40 minutes of the film are quite good. Although Moore does seem a little too intense at times, he does carry the story along.

It's the middle part where the film sags however. The attempt at Kung-Fu sticks out like a sore thumb, Bond gets defended by 2 girls, Lt Hip randomly drives off leaving Bond and the main car chase - featuring the much "loved" Sheriff JW Pepper - never really excites the way it should and actually feels a bit boring.

Things get better though once Bond arrives on Scaramanga's island (aside from the rather boring main scheme). The face off between Bond and Scaramanga at the dinner table is one of the best scenes in the film - thanks largely to Mr Lee's relaxed, arrogant attitude. Lee also gets some of the best lines in the film ("Mr Hai-Fat has just resigned, I'm the chairman of the board").

Britt Ekland is one of the more forgettable girls in the series. She seems to jepordise the mission rather than help it along (getting locked in a boot, blowing up the base and - urgh - triggering the solex with her arse). There is little chemistry between her and Moore and she is nothing more than an attractive but pretty one-dimentional sexual conquest. For an MI6 agent she is hopeless - Christmas Jones was never this inept.

Maud Adams is by far the better of the 2 Bond girls as her character has something resembling an intelligent personality.

So...ok but not great, probably 18 on my list.

5/10
  • TSWLM on ITV right now. Bloomin' excellent, by far the best Moore flick.
    Yep, but the wife has cotrol of the TV, so it`s no Bond for me... :-?
    TSWLM on ITV right now. Bloomin' excellent, by far the best Moore flick.
    I've just turned it on and I agree with you - but tell that to Luds :p
    Ahhhh, wife in bath, Bond on TV.....this one and FYEO are my favourite of Moores. >:D<
    MR. The first time I watched a Bond film on my laptop computer. Such a fun and light Bond film that draws the viewer in and takes him for a fun ride around the world and into outer space. As fond as I am of Bond films in the OHMSS/TLD/CR vein, I'm glad the lighthearted ones like MR exist as well to make for a pleasing variety in the series.
    Been quite awhile since I watched a Bond film.. been on a bit of a break I guess you could say. I'll probably pop in a Connery classic, FRWL or GF tonight. :)
    I watched a double-feature of TB and OHMSS this past weekend - both have always been two of my most favored Bond films.
    TB - one of the first films to really turn Bond into a comic book character (*cough*rocketpack*cough*) ;)
    TB - one of the first films to really turn Bond into a comic book character (*cough*rocketpack*cough*) ;)
    And the gadget-laden Aston Martin in GF cements Bond in reality?

Both are believable gadgets that hardly act as a transformative element for the character.
    True, I never said GF wasn't guilty of that too but I don't think the gadgets in that film were QUITE as comic as TB. Don't get me wrong I liked TB but the jetpack seemed a bit too...out of place and gimicky.

It's Bond, not The Rocketeer :)

Even Conners got tired of the emphasis on gadgets/technology over character.