The song Sophie Marceau does not want you to hear

2»

Comments

• Or Corinne? Hahahahahahaha! (I know your feelings about her, @SirHenryLeeChaChing)

You had to ruin a perfectly good Saturday morning. At least Brady's talking about a French woman (who it should be noted is half Swedish) something more akin to my idea of beauty :)

I've always thought that the non-Latin fascination with French women started with Brigitte Bardot. I'm sure the typical Latin guy doesn't think any differently about non-Latins. Boys will be boys, and typically a sense of exotic as far as what's different than what's in one's own backyard on a daily basis is always appealing as far as objectification.

The truth for me is that while I find French women appealing, I could say the same for other ethnicities. I don't think the French have cornered the market on this any more than any other ethnicity and personally I find Asian women the most attractive. And, it should also be pointed out that the French are a Germanic people, the Franks. Having a language that's classified as Romantic doesn't change that. But then they always were the most unpopular tribe amongst our many ;)
    I think there is a certain attitude towards sex that French in general and French women in particular allegedly have that make many people find them so sexy and attractive.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 3,494
    What do you think that is? I'd like to hear why because as you've read, I don't get why French women are any more special than any other, let alone the attitude that French equals superior. Comparatively speaking, I think the Italians do everything they claim they do best even better.
    What do you think that is? I'd like to hear why because as you've read, I don't get why French women are any more special than any other, let alone the attitude that French equals superior. Comparatively speaking, I think the Italians do everything they claim they do best even better.

I don't know why. I had a Greek housemate back when I was doing my MA in the UK, he thought that because I was a native French speaker (not even French, native French speaker), I could easily bring a girl every night.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2013 Posts: 28,694
    It definitely has to do with the accent I believe. Though, I adore Eva/Vesper for much different reasons. Both Eva and her character are intellectual, elegant, naturally beautiful, refined, confident yet also vulnerable, independent, witty, mentally challenging, mysterious and they evoke a beauty found in the decades of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Eva has all the draw of a sexy woman who first catches your eye in a room, and the fantastically unique, attractive, and compelling traits that keep those eyes upon her forevermore. Whoever ends up with her in their arms had better appreciate what they have. Women like her are a rarity, especially nowadays.
    I think it is also a case of the grass is greener on the other side.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Ludovico wrote:
    I think it is also a case of the grass is greener on the other side.

I more or less said that earlier and also think it's true. Your old housemate sounds like he was stereotyping. Having a different girl every night might work here in America if you have a foreign accent, but truthfully I had the supply of willing women to do that during my days as a touring musician and it can be done sans exotic accent. Being "good" with the opposite sex to begin with knows no specific ethnicity.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I grew up with the British Invasion hitting the U.S. and my adolescent heart (and hormones later on) full blast. I was a Beatles baby and Stones/Led Zeppelin lover, for sure. Besides Bang a Gong, Marc Bolan and others ... To this day, I can get weak in the knees from a lovely British accent (and there are many dialects, I know; I love just about all of them). :x

My point is, childhood impressions can be strong and remain part of our lives, part of what attracts us (or repels, as the case may be).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I grew up with the British Invasion hitting the U.S. and my adolescent heart (and hormones later on) full blast. I was a Beatles baby and Stones/Led Zeppelin lover, for sure. Besides Bang a Gong, Marc Bolan and others ... To this day, I can get weak in the knees from a lovely British accent (and there are many dialects, I know; I love just about all of them). :x

My point is, childhood impressions can be strong and remain part of our lives, part of what attracts us (or repels, as the case may be).

I very much agree. There are some things I loved in my childhood that I still hold dear now, not only because I still adore them, but because they make me think back fondly at how I was raised. Back when you still have curiosity about everything, you don't think you know all the answers, and you still have complete innocence from all the hatred and violence we face in our more adult years. I am quite envious of the young boys and girls of this world. It's funny: I spent some time in my early years wishing to just hurry up and become 16 or 18, and then when I turned those ages I wanted nothing else but to be 8 again. You don't realize it when you're there, but those early parts of your life are the ones to cherish most, not only because they are so fleeting, but because they are the most special where you find out everything you know later on for the first time, and discover the world around you piece by piece with wide-eyed wonder.