Appreciation of new MI6

124»

Comments

• Firstly I Apologyse to LUDS for my "Spam-Postings"; I really meant it to look like a "Monologue in Continuation".I think it is an ok format.Anything that is good could always be better.I think some people's already recognized me..
    wshrp
    You certainly have an unique way of writing. More power to you. And more power to this wonderful community. My initial disliking of the change has passed away and I find myself quite attracted to this sleek bluish/white design.

• i am a new person here and i like it quite a lot its fun and seems to have a good number of great peeople so far to talk to about bond aND hoping to meet more :-D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love Bond and found myself looking about for a way to share the love. I never expected to join a forum, and I didn't know it would be this one. But I'm glad I did. As an American I have always wondered how the Brits or other Europeans feel about Bond and I think I've finally found my fix. Over my short time I have contributed in the forum creating a few discussions and had great fun doing covers for the Art Competition. I've learned new things about the Bond films and added more trivia to my brain. I don't know what the other site looked like, but this one suites me fairly well. The discussions are separated, and though some things are hard to find it is still efficient. It is cool to see what other members are online and who has partaken in a discussion. The ability to post pictures and links is great too, allowing articles and set photos to seamlessly be posted at the click of the mouse. I like the ability to edit your posts. If someone gets their facts wrong in a thread or has a large grammar error they can easily fix it. A majority of the members are kind and helpful. Some people can be scrupulous and sharp, others are spam heads and then there is the sometimes over-obsessed members who over-glorify their views. Still, each are entertaining in there simple ways(miss you @do_me_nicely), and it is good to have a little fun. At the end of it all, we simply LOVE the heck out of James Bond, rain or shine, and that's just plain cool.

Thanks
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'd just like to put a shout out to our loyal and continually growing members.
    Nice to see so many stuck around whilst others departed for pastures new. The combined effort from all who post is what makes this forum a success. And why it continues to be a place where like minded Bond fans can meet and discuss all things Bondian.
    Long may the wonderful posts, and diversified members continue to enjoy their time here. I know I do, and thanks to all for making it such a great experience.
    The phoenix is rising out of the ashes.
    It was a frantic start to life here,trying to salvage the old threads before they went and also creating new ones to 'pull in the new punters' but it is growing nicely here now and should get much bigger as the anniversary and BOND23 gets closer.

Well done to all - just shows what can be done if we all stick together - 007 has a lot to be grateful for.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Six months on, it's hard to imagine the forum any different. I wonder how those who left would feel now had they stayed? Still. the past is the past and I look forward to the future whatever that may bring, for us the fans, the series and the forum in general. Hopefully many updates for the forum.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I joined during the middle of the summer, and I loved the community and everyone who participated here from the start. You all are the best, and without you, I don't know who I could talk my love of Bond with. Very happy to be a part of the family here.

Granted, I can't necessarily state the cons of it, as I was never a member of the old site. Still, it's a very unique, enjoyable experience.
  • Having been absent for altogether too long, and viewing MI6 again for the first time in a while on my flashy new smart phone... well, if I may I must say I'm rather impressed by how easy it is to navigate on this newfangled thing. ;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    And it's very rewarding when one of the old gang says so AL ;-)