GRAND THEFT AUTO VI - Announcement and Discussion

Comments

• TheBondFan wrote:
    Is there a crew made with Bond fans from this site? Just got the game some days ago, would love to join in on the fun. :D
    Yes, check the post at the top of the first page to see the different groups for different consoles. Do you have a PS3 or 360?

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    This has probably been mentioned, and probably been discussed already, but I am not willing to trawl through all the comments. During the Devin Weston mission "Deep Inside", the player is required to steal a very expensive car. And that car is none other than Goldfinger's Aston Martin DB V equipped with the machine guns, spikes and ejector seat! What a fantastic reference to the Bond films. The car is not specifically mentioned as being the DBV nor is any Bond comments made, but it is obvious that this is the DBV. And since GTA has its roots from the UK, I think it is even more brilliant that British culture has been acknowledged in the worlds most successful game.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This has probably been mentioned, and probably been discussed already, but I am not willing to trawl through all the comments. During the Devin Weston mission "Deep Inside", the player is required to steal a very expensive car. And that car is none other than Goldfinger's Aston Martin DB V equipped with the machine guns, spikes and ejector seat! What a fantastic reference to the Bond films. The car is not specifically mentioned as being the DBV nor is any Bond comments made, but it is obvious that this is the DBV. And since GTA has its roots from the UK, I think it is even more brilliant that British culture has been acknowledged in the worlds most successful game.

It's great, isn't it?! The first time I played it I was ecstatic. I showed it to a friend who is also a Bond fan and he loved it to, the ejector seat being the cherry on top of the cake.
    The moment when you eject the woman out the car was sublime.
    Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it! I'm going to try and get it for myself, and I'll wear a tuxedo and turn into Bond, Franklin Bond.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's just a shame that you can't acquire the gadget-ridden DB5 outside of missions for free play. Would've made escaping cops actually semi-easy.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It's just a shame that you can't acquire the gadget-ridden DB5 outside of missions for free play. Would've made escaping cops actually semi-easy.

Oh darn...ah well, I still have my tuxedo and silenced pistol.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it! I'm going to try and get it for myself, and I'll wear a tuxedo and turn into Bond, Franklin Bond.

I made sure to buy it in GTA Online too. It doesn't have gadgets, but it's the freaking DB5. 'Nuff said...
    Here's an update on the cheaters for you, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. This article states that RockStar is clamping down on anyone who cheats, but for those in your case who received funds, you will simply lose the money, not the items you purchased with it. So, if you still have things to buy, I suggest getting them now.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17080-Rockstar-to-Penalise-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Cheaters.html
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's an update on the cheaters for you, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. This article states that RockStar is clamping down on anyone who cheats, but for those in your case who received funds, you will simply lose the money, not the items you purchased with it. So, if you still have things to buy, I suggest getting them now.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-17080-Rockstar-to-Penalise-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Cheaters.html

Yeah, I've heard about this. I am glad they are penalizing players who exploited the game. I have over $500 million in online cash thanks to those guys, and while it was nice to bulk up on weapons and vehicles, it does take some fun out of it. I don't care for the whole buying aspect of the game anyway. I play the online to just have fun driving around, causing havoc and shooting up some baddies in the survival modes, so losing all that money won't be hard to swallow. The only thing I'll miss is being able to buy a ton of weapons without worrying about my pockets getting light. This weekend I'm going to try to rank up to level 70 where you unlock the tank, and after that I don't have much interest in the game. I wish they'd release heist mode, as that sounds awesome and has been teased for months now ever since the game released.
    I lost interest in the game after the first week. I hit well over rank 100 from doing missions with friends and that was it for me. Traded the game in and haven't played it since. I also didn't like how they showcased some very grand missions in the trailers for the Online, and here we are, months and months later with nothing of the sort. It won't make me return to the game, but it would've been nice to play while I had it.
  • RC7RC7
    I too am gutted that the online has no heist mode. As with most games, I came to the online late. Needless to say, I had no money, no weapons, and it was as tedious as all the FPS games - a hotbed for 10 year olds who have the luxury of spending 24 hours a day mastering maps and stocking up on items that will take my face off. I think I'm the only person I know who enjoys 'story' in a game. I thought they may have nailed it with V, but from the looks of it they are still some way off delivering a genuinely immersive GTA multi-player experience. When all is said and done I still prefer playing games with those in the room. Maybe I'm just getting too old.
    @RC7, I can agree with you. I do enjoy hopping on Live and playing around on a game with a friend or two, but it really doesn't beat taking turns on a game with a friend sitting right next to you, or having an all-nighter with a split screen game with a good friend. I miss those days.
  • So I finished the final mission, but the camera is now heavily zoomed out. Can anyone help with this glitch?
  • Anyone?
    Have you shut your game off/back on/reloaded a save? Changed camera angles?
  • Yes, doesn't help
    Your camera is zoomed in? I've never heard of such a glitch...
  • Zoomed out
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Zoomed out

Sorry, I read that wrong. Are you sure you didn't just accidentally hit the select button and change the camera zoom? There's three different camera modes: one close up, one zoomed out a little further and then a last one zoomed out further still. So are you sure you haven't just changed the camera zoom?
  • Oh, gotta check that. Stay tuned :)
  • TheBondFan wrote:
    Zoomed out

Sorry, I read that wrong. Are you sure you didn't just accidentally hit the select button and change the camera zoom? There's three different camera modes: one close up, one zoomed out a little further and then a last one zoomed out further still. So are you sure you haven't just changed the camera zoom?

I don't see any options for camera zoom
    TheBondFan wrote:
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Zoomed out

I don't see any options for camera zoom

Are you on PS3 or 360? I have a PS3 and the option for camera zoom is the select button in the middle of the controller to the left of the start button. I don't know how you change the camera view on the 360 though. @Creasy should be able to enlighten us on that matter.
  • Year, I have a 360. @Creasy47 please help
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 12,837
    You press the back button to change how zoomed in the camera is on xbox.
  • You press the back button to change how zoomed in the camera is on xbox.

Thank you soon much! Also @Brady and @Creasy
    TheBondFan wrote:
    You press the back button to change how zoomed in the camera is on xbox.

Thank you soon much! Also @Brady and @Creasy
    It's fixed then?
  • Yep :D
  • Driving my DB5 as we speak, btw
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Yep :D

You must have just hit the camera button somewhere near the end of the game, then. I'm glad that's all the issue was. Happy driving. ;)