GRAND THEFT AUTO VI - Announcement and Discussion

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well, great news: my online character got erased. Yayyyyyyy. I'll try one last time when the damn thing is "fixed".

I've heard about that happening to numerous people. Good fun!!! I'll be done in a heartbeat if it happens to me. I already lost well over $150,000 the other day, so if it strips me of any rank or platinum awards, I'm finished. I only need three more achievements for this joke of a game.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well, great news: my online character got erased. Yayyyyyyy. I'll try one last time when the damn thing is "fixed".

I've heard about that happening to numerous people. Good fun!!! I'll be done in a heartbeat if it happens to me. I already lost well over $150,000 the other day, so if it strips me of any rank or platinum awards, I'm finished. I only need three more achievements for this joke of a game.

And you have actual garages and property to lose, while I only had a few hours of play in, so it would be eons worse for you if the same happened.

This multiplayer looks stunning on paper, but so far the kinks in the system are killing it.
    I'm over rank 40 now with maybe $10,000 now. Luckily, I managed to get an apartment + two car garage without losing, but losing 80% of my wardrobe and over $150,000 really pissed me off. That, and I completed all ten waves of Survival (which is tough) and didn't get the platinum award for it, but I got the achievement.

They were just overzealous with the multiplayer. Should've set out to make sure it played well before talking about everything you can do. It's just bland and monotonous to me. 700 missions? Yeah, but they failed to mention that all the game modes (DM, TDM, LTS, races) are included in that, and the real missions/jobs are mostly short and repetitive: go here, grab the coke, bring it back, repeat.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I had nothing interesting left to do in the single player and the online is awful so I sold it to a mate today for £30. Means I essentially paid only £10 for it which is nice. It's weird because while GTA V is technically a better game in every way, I had much more fun a few weeks before playing Saints Row IV.

I'll be playing FIFA until Batman comes out and then that'll keep me busy until Assassin's Creed is released. Still need to get Splinter Cell at some point too, and Zelda.
    I had nothing interesting left to do in the single player and the online is awful so I sold it to a mate today for £30. Means I essentially paid only £10 for it which is nice. It's weird because while GTA V is technically a better game in every way, I had much more fun a few weeks before playing Saints Row IV.

I'll be playing FIFA until Batman comes out and then that'll keep me busy until Assassin's Creed is released. Still need to get Splinter Cell at some point too, and Zelda.

^ Do you have a CEX close to where you live? They're buying it back currently for £40 voucher for £36 cash. I'm taking them up on that tomorrow!
    @thelivingroyale, I've never been a huge soccer fan, but how is 'Fifa 14'?
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @thelivingroyale, I've never been a huge soccer fan, but how is 'Fifa 14'?

As usual it's pretty similar to the last one but they've made some improvements. Dribbling and shooting have both been improved and the players seem smarter than before when you're not playing as them.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 40,465
    I've found a nice mission exploit for the game that unlocks at rank 75, netting you $25,000 and 4,000RP every 30 seconds or so. I started at rank 51 around 3 PM, and it's now 6:30 PM and I'm rank 79.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @StirredNotShaken, what is the name of your crew? I am trying to find and join it on the Rockstar Social Club.
    Hit rank 101 and quit for the night. Unbelievably easy XP and money. I bought the nicest apartment in the game (comes with a 10-door garage), new outfits, a boat, eight incredibly pricy vehicles, and I bought and upgraded every gun, and I still have over $2 million.
    @StirredNotShaken, what is the name of your crew? I am trying to find and join it on the Rockstar Social Club.

Oh do I have to make it on there? I tried to make it on the console but it wouldn't let me. I'll make it tonight.

Oh do I have to make it on there? I tried to make it on the console but it wouldn't let me. I'll make it tonight.

I am just as confused as you are. I think you do make it right on the social club, as I made a crew for Max Payne 3 a long time ago, and I recall that's how it was done.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited October 2013 Posts: 1,257
    Is there a code to get the JB 700 or do I have to buy it?
    I haven't seen any cheats that will spawn a JB 700, but you can purchase it via the in-game Internet in both the single player and multiplayer, sans gadgets and weapons.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I haven't seen any cheats that will spawn a JB 700, but you can purchase it via the in-game Internet in both the single player and multiplayer, sans gadgets and weapons.

Is it pricey? I hope not, because it's hard to resist buying it.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, online, it's about $400,000. I'm pretty sure it's a lot less on single player.
    I've got enough money to blow on GTA Online and was wondering which apartment is the best to buy? I can afford any of them, and just want to know which is the best of the lot.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, at the top of the list, there should be two apartments that are worth both $400,000. They look exactly the same and are in the same building, but one of them (check them both to see which floor is which) is on a higher floor and it gives a much nicer view. Go with that one. I bought the other, not knowing it was on a lower floor, and kicked myself for it.
    I have been waiting for this moment ever since I created my character on GTA Online. B-)

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Buy JB 700, check. Take photos in Bondian tuxedo with JB 700, check. Drive around in JB 700 while blasting the Bond theme, check. Die happy, check.
    @0Brady I have only this to add... ^:)^
    I'm still upset that you couldn't use the weapon-loaded JB 700 in free roam, only in those two missions.
    Okay gentlemen, I have been having a bit of an interesting time playing GTA online this night. I went online just as I usually do, and went about my way fooling around with other players and doing some team survival with them. A while after that my previous in-game money amount totaling just $500,000 turned into over $125,000,000. I was beyond shocked that all this money had appeared in my balance as I never have used an exploit to get cash and have no idea how the heck all that money arrived seemingly out of nowhere. I have read on some GTA 5 forums about people giving away insane amounts of cash online recently, and thought someone may have done this for me. My only worry is that Rockstar will think I am exploiting the game and ban me or something, which would be horrible as I have devoted much time and energy to this game. And so I inquire, has anyone ever run into this or heard of a similar situation? I've been going on a spending spree with all the cash I have, as I don't know what else to do with it.
    I went online again today and all the money is still there. After spending a bit of it I'm at a little over $118 million. I still have no idea how it happened.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,465
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, with how buggy the Online was when I last played it months ago, and with exploits and glitches still out and about, I highly doubt you would ever get banned for receiving such an insane amount of money, just like people who join a random Call of Duty server and hit the highest rank and prestige thanks to a modder in the server.

EDIT: I was reading around the Internet and stumbled upon someone who said this:

"Yeah you can't "Give" money but what happens is that people can mod their games that when you rob a store they receive like a billion dollars and then use the share cash from last job to spread it.

Happen to me yesterday.
    Not gonna lie, I was mad at first but I am enjoying it today."

So, it appears that someone modded that online server and just spread out the wealth to others.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, with how buggy the Online was when I last played it months ago, and with exploits and glitches still out and about, I highly doubt you would ever get banned for receiving such an insane amount of money, just like people who join a random Call of Duty server and hit the highest rank and prestige thanks to a modder in the server.

EDIT: I was reading around the Internet and stumbled upon someone who said this:

"Yeah you can't "Give" money but what happens is that people can mod their games that when you rob a store they receive like a billion dollars and then use the share cash from last job to spread it.

Happen to me yesterday.
    Not gonna lie, I was mad at first but I am enjoying it today."

So, it appears that someone modded that online server and just spread out the wealth to others.

Interesting. It just happened to me again minutes ago after someone in my game lobby game me millions upon millions of dollars, and now I have over $300 million. The great news is that I'll never need to worry about running out of money, but at the same time it takes the fun out of the game when someone just gives you all that cash. Still, the only thing I wanted to do in this game was buy the JB 700, and after doing that I've just fooled around and done missions to fill the time until I get other games. It's a fun multiplayer, but not one I can see myself sticking with when these kinds of hacks/bugs occur. If there was any way I could give it to my online friends, I would.
    I was just doing missions before they patched certain ones that gave out lots of money/XP, and I bought the best apartment, vehicles, all the weapons, and still had millions.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Rockstar have wished gamers a very Merry Christmas with limited customization options for the holiday season and a snowy Los Santos to ride around in while playing GTA online:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52011/grand-theft-auto-online-holiday-gifts

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

:D
    Wish I still had the game just so I could play around in the city in the snow. Shame.
  • Is there a crew made with Bond fans from this site? Just got the game some days ago, would love to join in on the fun. :D
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Is there a crew made with Bond fans from this site? Just got the game some days ago, would love to join in on the fun. :D
    Yes, check the post at the top of the first page to see the different groups for different consoles. Do you have a PS3 or 360?