Timothy Dalton May Be Batman's Butler Alfred In 'Superman \V/ Batman'

2»

Comments

Germanlady wrote:
    What happened to Michael Caine? No Bale, no Caine? :(

Have you seen The Dark Knight Rises?

They could retcon it, or something. It would very likely be lesser than TDK, but I'd rather watch a new Batman movie in the same universe and tone as Nolan's than Batman versus Superman.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Have you seen Batman Beyond @Brady? If they do a Beyond film, Judi Dench would make a terrific Gordon. Of course it might be very similar to an M role
    Of course! My childhood was founded upon the DC Animated Universe! ;)

Good to hear @Brady! Same here. My current hope for this DC universe is to have both the Batman we're going to see in MOS2/JL films plus a Batman Beyond series in the same continuity where you could have flashbacks with the Ben Affleck Batman (Return of the Joker anybody?). Of course this is a longshot but I maintain that Batman Beyond would make for one hell of a film series.
    Germanlady wrote:

Yes. Why?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Yes. Why?

Just checking to make sure you weren't being shocked out of ignorance, that's all. Good to hear that you've seen it.
    bondbat007 wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Have you seen Batman Beyond @Brady? If they do a Beyond film, Judi Dench would make a terrific Gordon. Of course it might be very similar to an M role
    Of course! My childhood was founded upon the DC Animated Universe! ;)

Good to hear @Brady! Same here. My current hope for this DC universe is to have both the Batman we're going to see in MOS2/JL films plus a Batman Beyond series in the same continuity where you could have flashbacks with the Ben Affleck Batman (Return of the Joker anybody?). Of course this is a longshot but I maintain that Batman Beyond would make for one hell of a film series.

I'd rather leave the DCAU where it's at personally. They wrapped up everything from Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond and the JLU so well, it doesn't need to be done anywhere else. Those shows are all so close to my heart that I wouldn't want anything done without at least Dini and Timm on board. The DCAU Batman is the quintessential (and my most favorite) version of that character, after all, and I'd want him in good hands.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Ludovico wrote:
    but I'd rather watch a new Batman movie in the same universe and tone as Nolan's than Batman versus Superman.

Not sure why they didn't just carry on from the Nolan films with Joseph Gordon Levitt as Batman, like they showed at the end of the last film.
  • I hope for Ben Affleck's sake that Timothy won't land the role.
    Those two on the same scene will reveale Affleck as a total inept.
    I dis agree Joe Don Baker looked like a great actor when working with Dalton and Affleck is far better then Baker in my opinion Dalton could help Affleck raise his game.
    Ludovico wrote:
    but I'd rather watch a new Batman movie in the same universe and tone as Nolan's than Batman versus Superman.

Not sure why they didn't just carry on from the Nolan films with Joseph Gordon Levitt as Batman, like they showed at the end of the last film.

I was kind of hoping they partially ignored TDKR actually, and go to fill the 8 years gap between TDK and TDKR actually. For me, Batman has to be Bruce Wayne and I think this is how the general public perceives it. There was a mention in TDKR that the last official sighting of the Batman was eight years before, so I always assumed that there may have been unreported or unconfirmed Batman activity in the eight years gap.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hope for Ben Affleck's sake that Timothy won't land the role.
    Those two on the same scene will reveale Affleck as a total inept.

That's actually how it should be though. While Batman's mind and body that he has spent years crafting offer his opponents a nasty, near insuperable challenge, at the end of the day Alfred is very much Bruce's Batman, someone who puts him in his place when he needs it or makes him face the reality and risk of his actions. Michael Caine and Christian Bale were great with this aspect of the Bruce/Alfred relationship, where Caine was always the one giving the wisdom and giving Bruce the guidance he needed. All of Gotham may rest on Batman, but Batman needs Alfred to keep him going as well.
  • @Ludovico I think if they were going to use Bale and set it before TDKR, the best way of doing it would be setting it in between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 203
    have you guys seen the dreadful TDKR? ... it should have never happened!
    @Ludovico I think if they were going to use Bale and set it before TDKR, the best way of doing it would be setting it in between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

They still could have set it between TDK and TDKR, given that TDKR is the movie quivalent of The Dark Knight Returns, a movie that could be considered out of continuity. I guess in an ideal world, I would have had Batman 4 set in a semi-continuity with Nolan's films, taking into account the events of the first two but ignoring partially the events of TDKR.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    mnhettia wrote:
    It wasn't that bad. It's my least favorite film in the trilogy but only because the first two were so good.

pachazo wrote:
    mnhettia wrote:
    It wasn't that bad. It's my least favorite film in the trilogy but only because the first two were so good.

Don't pay attention to them. They are just trying to get a rise out of us, and failing miserably. ;)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It is the worst of the trilogy but it's far from awful, I'll take it over the Avengers any day of the week.
    Shardlake wrote:
    It is the worst of the trilogy but it's far from awful, I'll take it over the Avengers any day of the week.

I don't know whether BB or TDKR is last for me. They are all brilliant films in one masterpiece trilogy, and I don't like ranking them anyway considering they are all so different in their own right. If anything, I think TDKR is the most powerfully emotional of the lot for me.
    Shardlake wrote:

I don't know whether BB or TDKR is last for me. They are all brilliant films in one masterpiece trilogy, and I don't like ranking them anyway considering they are all so different in their own right. If anything, I think TDKR is the most powerfully emotional of the lot for me.

I think it has it's moments, the scene where Gordon realises who Batman is was done brilliantly and the flashback to Begins was great but it all became to big and epic for me and Baine sounded like Yoda crossed with Mola Ram.
  • RC7RC7
    Shardlake wrote:

Personally, I think BB is far and away the best film of the trilogy. It's on a par with Raiders as a blueprint for top-notch blockbuster cinema. I'm a massive fan of TDK, but objectively I think BB is ultimately a more rounded, cohesive and simply stunning movie.
    RC7 wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:

Personally, I think BB is far and away the best film of the trilogy. It's on a par with Raiders as a blueprint for top-notch blockbuster cinema. I'm a massive fan of TDK, but objectively I think BB is ultimately a more rounded, cohesive and simply stunning movie.

I think Begins is fine enough and it feels more comic booky but maybe I just prefer the epic crime Mann like feel of TDK, I really think if anything compares with Raiders in the blockbuster arena and it doesn't apart from Jaws then Nolan's 2nd Bat flick is the one that will take that accolade.
    TDKR did go a bit too far into the comic book realm for Nolan. BB had a great balance between elements of fantasy and realism, while TDK is the tightest, most grounded and polished film in the series for me.
  • All three are fantastic. If we're speaking from purely a comic book movie standpoint, then I'd agree that BB begins is the strongest in that regard. I believe The Dark Knight is the best film in the trilogy, but it doesn't really resemble a comic book film, but rather a tense crime thriller which happens to involve a man in a bat suit. The Dark Knight Rises could be even more comic book-esque than Begins, but despite how high the highs were, there were a few too many monumental flaws for the film to surpass The Dark Knight, or even Batman Begins.
    This is amazing news! Or a really awesome rumor. Either way, count me in.