New bond game coming this year!

2»

Comments

As long as Activision holds the rights, we won't get classic gameplay, we will get COD mechanics with regen health and damn QTE, with a map that allows you not to think hardly. What the hell is wrong with those modern gamers? We need classic gameplay, like GE64's for console and Half-Life's for PC versions.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Guys, here's the link to the preusmed Risico:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canceled_James_Bond_007_video_games#Risico
    If you follow the source, it goes back to the MI6 piece that uncovered the game. But, we never made a link or mention of Risico. That's justy pure speculation on the part of the wikipedia entry.
    Guys, here's the link to the preusmed Risico:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canceled_James_Bond_007_video_games#Risico
    If you follow the source, it goes back to the MI6 piece that uncovered the game. But, we never made a link or mention of Risico. That's justy pure speculation on the part of the wikipedia entry.
    I'm not sure of that, but the last time before MI6 uncovered Blood Stone's title as "Bloodstone", I saw it before on wikipedia, I swear.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited June 2011 Posts: 4,399
    @JamesBond

Regen health doesn't bother me.... is it unrealistic? sure - but so is getting shot up a few times and not bleeding to death lol - at the same time, i'm sure you wouldn't find a random first aid kit strapped to a tree in the middle of the jungle either - just sayin lol.... so with that in mind, regen health is something i am used to / expect with games nowadays.... unless your talking a game like Fallout - which forces you to be resourceful at times..

as I said previously, there are things that Blood Stone did correctly.... i liked the campaign, the fast pace of it put you right into the action... BUT...

1.) i would've liked it to be a little longer, with a couple more covert style missions...

2.) the cut scene animations definitely needed some work - as everyone looked like they were injected with botox, and drank a quart of Robitussin - lazy lazy hold over character models from the QOS game.... it's like they put in absolutely no effort whatsoever - i mean, those graphics/animations looked severely dated.... is it terrible to say (that after playing LA Noire) i would like to see what Rockstar could do with a Bond game?.. imagine a semi open world environment - mixed with that new facial animation technology...... i'm only saying - it would be interesting.. but with all that said - the in game graphics, while playing and even driving were great... a little more time spent on the cut scenes, and it would've been much better..

3.) with 3rd person shooters, i expect to have a little better targeting from behind cover - especially on 007 difficulty, when you got 4 guys firing on you, and you gotta take a day and half to line up the crosshairs properly... it doesn't need to be perfect, but that really got irritating...

my big beef has and always will be the multiplayers - i wont go into detail again, and you can hop back to the first page and refresh yourself if you need to lol....

these games don't have a foothold in the market anymore, and the only reason why Goldeneye sold so well over Blood Stone, was because it had the name 'Goldeneye' - an association that every gamer makes to the n64 game obviously..... what it will take, is a studio that is willing to really put forth an effort to making a substantial Bond game, with a good campaign, and a great multiplayer......

I am interested to see what Raven does with this new game, as they've recently created some fun gems - such as Wolfenstein, Wolverine, and Quake 4 games.... i'm not expecting to be blown away - that would only come if the rights were sold/bought out, and they completely overhauled the engine..
    hm i am sure that i asked somewhere but i cant see it so: how would you feel if there was 007:lego game
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    a Lego 007 game??... i would love it lol... i love playing my Lego Indiana Jones game.. a Lego Bond game would be amazing lol
  • A Lego Bond game would be amazing, Bond has such a huge rogues gallery, you could do amazing things! Lego: Batman is one of the best games out there.
    I'd love a game where they took all the things that were good about Blood Stone and just improved on different aspects. Blood Stone was a 7/10 in my book, but with more varied gameplay, more free roam capabilities, less linear gameplay, etc. it could've been much better.

I would really like to see them do some 3rd person games of old Bond movies done right like OHMSS or TLD (not like EA butchered up FRWL). A 3rd person single player, with a 3rd or 1st person multiplayer death match would be perfect in my eyes. Hell, I'd even like a Bond game that's all multiplayer that has tons of classic characters, maps, game modes, etc. from the past games and movies.
    edited June 2011 Posts: 4,399
    i've often thought that a limited free roaming Bond game would be fun.... i use the Ghostbusters game as an example.. you had your levels - in which it was pretty standard point A to point B style game play... but in between the levels, you could free roam the firehouse, and look at / interact with all the cool stuff - like the Vigo painting and etc..

..a Bond game similar to that would be cool.. you could walk around a small sampling of MI6 and the Q labs - and when your ready, you could go to M's office, and get your mission briefing.. it wouldn't need to be between every level - but maybe 2 or 3 different times during the game... you walk in M's office, you get the run down on what you need to do for your mission, then your told to head off to Q branch to pick up some gear - then you freely walk down to Q labs... imagine all the background hilarity that you could see going on randomly - like gadgets occasionally being tested, and maybe some being "not perfected yet" lol..

there is a lot they could do with a Bond game, to make it more engaging, and to really put you in the shoes of 007 - instead of being so strict and linear, and feeling like your just along for the ride (so to speak)..
    All Activision's games suck IMO. The Only thing they can do is to COD-ise a shooter game, with a damn regen health and hatable QTE.
    Did I tell anyone that I hate to wait?

Why don't they just announce the video game's title and release some trailers?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Did I tell anyone that I hate to wait?

Why don't they just announce the video game's title and release some trailers?
    Well E3 isn't over yet so who's knows what's coming...

For a comparison, Blood Stone wasn't announced until 16th July, so it may stay quiet until next month.
    But, why I do remember that GE2010 was announced in late May? or was it in early June?
    But, why I do remember that GE2010 was announced in late May? or was it in early June?
    who knows.....

it could've been more hype surrounding that particular game, because of the name Goldeneye - and the association that every gamer makes with it - beyond the world of Bond...

and i think it was obvious - more time was spent into developing that game than Blood Stone... from both a graphical standpoint, and a marketing standpoint....... i honestly can't recall seeing 1 Blood Stone commercial.. but I remember seeing quite a few for Goldeneye..... that just shows you where Activision's priorities were...

.. i want to believe that Activision originally planned to have the Goldeneye remake multiplatform - but since it was still a nintendo license, they couldn't do it.. so they made a secondary game (Blood Stone) out of what they had left over from the QOS game to compensate gamers on all systems....... that is my theory..

I'd really like to see some classic Bond villains in this new game! Not like GoldenEye Rogue Agent, which basically made Dr. No, Goldfinger, Oddjob, Scaramanga, and Xenia rise from the dead. Instead, they should use the villains who didn't die, such as Irma Bunt, Baron Samedi, Nick Nack and Jaws. I would even like to see Professor Joe Butcher from LTK if they could make him work!
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 9,784
    I am hoping to get a bond game as to be honest I love the spy game genre. So to thus far have no new games in that genre for 2011 is kinda annoying I did buy Quantum of solace for the Wii just so i can have something new to play though (and Indiana Jones and the staff of kings which is spyish)
    You should also get 007 Nightfire, GoldenEye 007 for Wii, and GoldenEye Rogue Agent. Those are exceptionally great, and they have awesome multiplayer scenarios!
    I have goldeneye 007 (reason why i got the WII) i didn't realize nightfire was available for the wii I may just have to replay classic spy games like Mission Impossible Operation Sumara Splinter Cell conviction Alpha Protcol Quantum of sollace and Bloodstone.
    Well, Nightfire is for GameCube, but you can play GameCube games on the Wii. Nightfire should be really cheap too, considering it came out in 2002. And I guess I'm not the only one who got a Wii just so I could play GoldenEye!
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 669
    NightFire really beats them all. EON was good but the covert levels (specially Bond's heavy commando gear) in near the end of the game made it too casual. But, it's still the best Bond game in Third-person perspective and is followed by FRWL in being awesome. Another TPS game that caught my impression was "Kill.Switch".
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Since this has turned out a hoax, we can close down the thread. ;-)
This discussion has been closed.