Mark Sutton, Daniel Craig stuntman in the London Olympics opening cerimony died in accident.

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
edited August 2013 in News Posts: 3,277

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This is just so very sad. RIP Mark Sutton. And deepest condolences to his family and friends.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    How sad, I had just saw this show up at mi6 webpage. RIP
    Saw this on the BBC website as soon as I woke. Tragic news. RIP Mark
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    RIP. How tragic. This sort of thing must always be in the back of your mind when you do what Sutton did but 42? My, that's young.
  • Wing suits are crazy...just watched a documentary about base jumpers in London...fatality rates are 1 in 6!

I will remember him and I'm sure the world will remember him for giving us the standout moment for the 2012 Olympics. What an epitaph that is.

Mr. Sutton I salute you sir. I'm sure the next Bond film will give him an honourable mention in the credits.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RIP, Mark. Such a loss, and yes, still such a young age for someone to go.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 1,661
    RIP.

Apparently he died just 20 seconds after leaving the helicopter. Looks like a catastrophic error of judgment.

"They two men remained close to the mountain area and planned to land near the hamlet of Le Peuty but Mr Sutton hit a ridge of rock at an estimated 155mph just 20 seconds after he jumped out, said police."

Stick to the ground, people, much safer! Leave the flying to the birds!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    fanbond123 wrote:
    RIP.

Apparently he died just 20 seconds after leaving the helicopter. Looks like a catastrophic error of judgment.

"They two men remained close to the mountain area and planned to land near the hamlet of Le Peuty but Mr Sutton hit a ridge of rock at an estimated 155mph just 20 seconds after he jumped out, said police."

Stick to the ground, people, much safer! Leave the flying to the birds!

At least he went out doing something that you know he loved, in the same way the great Steve Irwin did.
  • Very sad news, RIP. At least he died doing something he loved and he'll always be remembered because of the Olympics.
    Shocked, stunned and saddened by this tragic news. It all goes to show how brave these people are in risking their lives for our visual entertainment. They should command the highest movie making respect. RIP Mark. Thoughts and prayers to your family and friends.