Unresolved questions from Pre-title sequences (answer, add some, or both)

2»

Comments

This one has always bothered me:

How exactly does Bond survive the "assassination" in the PTS of YOLT? The gunmen don't fire blanks as there are clearly bullet holes in the wall behind Bond (which weren't there originally). So how did he fake his death without actually being hit?

I always figured the bed had something bulletproof to line it, perhaps between the mattress and frame/wall?

But there are bullet holes directly behind where Bond was lying. How did they get there without him being hit?
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    But there are bullet holes directly behind where Bond was lying. How did they get there without him being hit?
    Yeah, this one never quite made sense to me either. Moneypenny mentions that they fixed him up with the girl so presumably she was in on it. Perhaps the gunmen were in on it too and had some kind of special weapon from Q? Perhaps Q had modified the bed as well? I don't know. How about the police though? Were they in on it too? If not how could Bond stop his pulse to make them think that he was dead? Another Q gadget? It's all crazy I tell you.
    pachazo wrote:
    Yeah, this one never quite made sense to me either. Moneypenny mentions that they fixed him up with the girl so presumably she was in on it. Perhaps the gunmen were in on it too and had some kind of special weapon from Q? Perhaps Q had modified the bed as well? I don't know. How about the police though? Were they in on it too? If not how could Bond stop his pulse to make them think that he was dead? Another Q gadget? It's all crazy I tell you.

It's frying my melon, man!
    There was blood on the bed. Maybe it is the bed that is heavily gadgeted? Fake blood, small explosives giving illusion of bullet holes, etc.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    It's almost as if MI6 employed a Hollywood special effects team to create the illusion..... :-)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Darling, I give you very best duck fake death. ;)
    I immediately read duck and fake together just then and it almost gave me an entirely different word
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Willy, I don't believe 'dake' is a word. ;)
    I was going to add that to my last comment but I just knew someone else wouldn't be able to resist that gag
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 69
    Perdogg wrote:
    For Your Eyes Only

Why didn't Bond just jump out of the helicopter when it very close to the roof top?

Because he wanted to nail Blofeld's ass