The most ridiculous Bond theory you heard/read

Comments

• edited August 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    It isn't as much a theory as a statement, but I am annoyed by people who try to argue that Bond is a sociopath.

Quite right.

I'm in the middle of having an argument with a member on another thread about this issue.

I feel the need to quote Craig- "Good luck with that" :)). Especially after said member has just admitted that he feels he is entirely in the right in how he views Skyfall.

Yes his opinion is not OPINION. His opinion is FACT :-?

Apparently so. Let's see if he has the cajones to debate me on his issues after offering the challenge. Ohhhh,Matttttttttty! I'm waiting on you over there. Prove you're not exactly made of the overinflated, holier than thou, egomaniacal opinion that you're so f'n great and know more about Bond and life than someone who's been in this thing for 45 years now. Or anyone else for that matter!

Don't you dare to offer me a SINGLE logical scene in SF (right from the Moment Bond leaves the Istanbul Hotel)? Let me sweeten the Deal for you ( and anyone else of my ardent Fans). If you find anything that can be explained by Logic (and not sloppy writing at best) in SF I will never ever post here again (and probably nowhere else, since this Forum was the first Time ever I wrote something on net and that was only to defend some guys which got ridiculed for implying that SF was not really well written). And PLEASE no "Revenge is a Logical Motive" and such Things,that do nothing for or against a sound Storyline!!!

I put one out there pal, right where you know it is, and now I can see you're not up for the challenge. Tell me, does "Stranger In Paradise" play every time you walk into a men's bathroom?

And, unless you've discovered a set all of a sudden, I really wish you wouldn't post here anymore.

L-)

Back on topic- does anyone believe this guy is a real fan?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    A new set ... of eyeglasses?

Okay, here is one I have read on a forum a couple of years ago, after CR was released, I can't remember exactly from where, but here was the theory someone brought up: Le Chiffre faked his death, then later on his eye wound grew into a full grown scar, got bald for some reason and changed his name into Blofeld, after taking over the organization in CR (not named Quantum yet) which would of course be SPECTRE.
    Matt_Helm wrote:

Don't you dare to offer me a SINGLE logical scene in SF (right from the Moment Bond leaves the Istanbul Hotel)? Let me sweeten the Deal for you ( and anyone else of my ardent Fans). If you find anything that can be explained by Logic (and not sloppy writing at best) in SF I will never ever post here again (and probably nowhere else, since this Forum was the first Time ever I wrote something on net and that was only to defend some guys which got ridiculed for implying that SF was not really well written). And PLEASE no "Revenge is a Logical Motive" and such Things,that do nothing for or against a sound Storyline!!!

M being "pressured" to take early retirement for making an absolute balls up of the Istanbul operation. All perfectly logical to me.

Goodbye! :-h

I love this man now, and I'm not at all ashamed to admit it.
    Matt_Helm wrote:

M being "pressured" to take early retirement for making an absolute balls up of the Istanbul operation. All perfectly logical to me.

Don't you think this Argument fits my "And PLEASE no "Revenge is a Logical Motive" and such Things,that do nothing for or against a sound Storyline!!!" line to a big T? No, of course you don't. Over 240 Minutes of Film and all I get are Arguments about how logical someons Thirst for revenge or the firing of M is ( which again does nothing for or against the Storyline !). Aaargh!
    It's simply pathetic ...
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:

Don't you think this Argument fits my "And PLEASE no "Revenge is a Logical Motive" and such Things,that do nothing for or against a sound Storyline!!!" line to a big T? No, of course you don't. Over 240 Minutes of Film and all I get are Arguments about how logical someons Thirst for revenge or the firing of M is ( which again does nothing for or against the Storyline !). Aaargh!
    It's simply pathetic ...

Oh bugger off already! M being forced into retirement has NOTHING to do with revenge! You're a bloody idiot, now you're making no sense whatsoever! Your arguments are retarded, nothing short of it! Please LEAVE!
    M being told to take early retirement because she was slipping up is not revenge. It is a logical consequence to actions taken.

Matt_Helm wrote:
    It isn't as much a theory as a statement, but I am annoyed by people who try to argue that Bond is a sociopath.

Quite right.

I'm in the middle of having an argument with a member on another thread about this issue.

I feel the need to quote Craig- "Good luck with that" :)). Especially after said member has just admitted that he feels he is entirely in the right in how he views Skyfall.

Yes his opinion is not OPINION. His opinion is FACT :-?

Apparently so. Let's see if he has the cajones to debate me on his issues after offering the challenge. Ohhhh,Matttttttttty! I'm waiting on you over there. Prove you're not exactly made of the overinflated, holier than thou, egomaniacal opinion that you're so f'n great and know more about Bond and life than someone who's been in this thing for 45 years now. Or anyone else for that matter!

I put one out there pal, right where you know it is
    ?

This one I just don't understand and I'm not being sarkastic here.
    If you could elaborate ....
    240 minutes? That's 4 bloody hours! X_X

And to answer your question, no the M & Mallory scene does not fit in with your "revenge is a logical motive" argument for the simple reason that Silva had not yet been introduced and so his motive had not been revealed at that point.

Christ, by your "logic" you'd rule out every scene in the movie!
    Please do not feed the troll. It becomes quite agitated for five pages of forum posts if you do.
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:

It's simply pathetic ...

Oh bugger off already! M being forced into retirement has NOTHING to do with revenge! You're a bloody idiot, now you're making no sense whatsoever! Your arguments are retarded, nothing short of it! Please LEAVE!

si tacuisses philosophus fuisses.
    Come to think about it, you probably wouldn't
  • All you need to do is meet me, if you have a single manly hair on your ass, back on the Faulks thread and discuss every issue you have with SF. Some I'll even agree with you on.
    He doesn't like the film, and he is entitled to his opinion, but he is trying to force "logic" into places it won't go and just seems to want to rant about how unhappy he is with the storyline. Again and again, ad infinatum.
    BTW, I'm watching The Trip on BBC2 with Coogan & Bryden. Plenty of Connery, Moore and Scaramanga impressions to boot :-)
    240 minutes? That's 4 bloody hours! X_X

And to answer your question, no the M & Mallory scene does not fit in with your "revenge is a logical motive" argument for the simple reason that Silva had not yet been introduced and so his motive had not been revealed at that point.

Christ, by your "logic" you'd rule out every scene in the movie!

Sad Thing is,in THIS Movie I really could. And my "revenge line " refers to the poster a few month ago i mentioned,when I brought up the topic of showing me Logic in SF. Reading a post thoroughly might help comprehending Things ....
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:

It's simply pathetic ...

And if you'd remained silent, you wouldn't be treated like you're a complete dick. Actually, come to think about it, you probably would.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 3,494
    @Stirred- well said! I'd say "touche" but in Helm's case, just swap the "t" for a "d" :))
    I'm really sorry for my past few posts, honestly. This is the first time on these forums that I've outright gone to the lengths of insulting someone, but the man just dished it out himself. Can't just ignore it.
    Soooooo... Back on topic? This is my most popular thread so far, I think, but the most off topic.
    Oh believe me, I'm sure he can @StirredNotShaken. He's either a puberty angst teenager or a grown man who quite frankly should know better.

'It's logic Jim but not as we know it" ;-)
    Somebody find the CIA gun smuggling info, please! I have to leave for work soon but I'd love to finally read that one.
  • I'm really sorry for my past few posts, honestly. This is the first time on these forums that I've outright gone to the lengths of insulting someone, but the man just dished it out himself. Can't just ignore it.

You're not alone, at least 5 of us have had all we can stand of his condescension and overblown personal ego. I don't like speaking to people in that manner either, especially a fellow Bond fan, but now I am thinking he is a troll after all and the mods are now on the case!

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm really sorry for my past few posts, honestly. This is the first time on these forums that I've outright gone to the lengths of insulting someone, but the man just dished it out himself. Can't just ignore it.

You're not alone, at least 5 of us have had all we can stand of his condescension and overblown personal ego. I don't like speaking to people in that manner either, especially a fellow Bond fan, but now I am thinking he is a troll after all and the mods are now on the case!

I'd expect so. It does appear that way to me, too.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    Matt_Helm wrote:

It's simply pathetic ...

Okay, @Matt_Helm, let it go, will you? This is nothing other than throwing more fuel on a fire that leads nowhere.

Thanks.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,945
    Somebody find the CIA gun smuggling info, please! I have to leave for work soon but I'd love to finally read that one.
    I remember this rumour, and so I went searching for the source. Interestingly enough, the only place I could find any info was on the Craignotbond site. And because I refuse to add a direct link to that childish site, I've copy/pasted the excerpt:

Turkish News Paper Claims Bond Movie Set Being Used To Smuggle Arms

April 2, 2012

File this one under strange next to the tinfoil hats. Besides the idea of Ms Broccoli’s EON Productions cooperating with the CIA on anything like this being extremely unlikely bordering on insane, the activities described sound like average goings on at a movie set.

A shocking allegation hit Turkish media about the new James Bond movie SKYFALL. IHA news agency reports that Skyfall set is being used to transport arms for Syrian dissidents who are fighting Ashad soldiers. It turns out not the scenario of the movie but itself is absolute spy scene.
    The new Bond movie is currently being shot in Adana province of Turkey, where also the İncirlik air base of the Unatidet State is located. For the Skyfall shooting, main railway line of the city has been shotdown for several days. A local paper of Adana hit the shelves today claiming that shooting of tha Skyfall is a cover up for arm transportation to Syria by CIA. The paper darws attention to the fact that 13 minutes of the movie is being shot here but the star of the movie, Daniel Craig is nowhere to be found. One of the bussiest highway of the city and the railroad has been shot for several days in Adana. The paper says truck loads of stuff is being brought to the movie set and in which no media is allowed. İhlas news agency reminds the detail of the local paper being visited recently by Israel’s ambassador to Turkey, Gabi Levi.
    QBranch wrote:
    I remember this rumour, and so I went searching for the source. Interestingly enough, the only place I could find any info was on the Craignotbond site. And because I refuse to add a direct link to that childish site

Kudos to you. I hope you remembered to have a shower after visiting that site to wash all the dirt off ;-)

• edited August 2013 Posts: 135
    I heard all the James Bonds are different aliases under the same code number. It makes sense! It makes so much sense, if you just endeavor to let the thought entertain you. So much gets explained, yet leaves so much unexplained. Therefore, you get the idea.
    Richardo wrote:
    I heard all the James Bonds are different aliases under the same code number. It makes sense! It makes so much sense, if you just endeavor to let the thought entertain you. So much gets explained, yet leaves so much unexplained. Therefore, you get the idea.

So are you saying it's a ridiculous theory or a good theory?
    Richardo wrote:

So are you saying it's a ridiculous theory or a good theory?
    I'll take a little of both for each of my columns.

On which side do you wager?
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 11
    I heard James Bond did it with a guy once......... that's not true though.