Rank the title sequences designers

2»

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Richardo wrote:
    1.) Daniel Kleinman
    2.) MK12

Don't care for any of the others.

Says it all really. To dismiss Binder and Brownjohn entirely shows childish petulance. You may not like their work, which I don't have an issue with personally. We all have our preferences, but to not even recognise them for the contributions they made to the series, is pretty poor.

Bang on the money Willy. I'm only surprised he hasn't got MK12 top.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,924
    1. Binder - top marks given the tools he had- although I agree it gets a bit repetitive after Spy, which is a template for MR, FYEO and OP. FYEO being the best of those three, as it showcases the artist- a first for a title sequence.
    2. Kleinman - all his designs are different and memorable. I think SF is a little cluttered, but awesome nonetheless.
    3. Robert Brownjohn - simple and classy designs here with the projections and a golden Dink.
    4. MK12 - I quite like the design TBH.

It's no surprise to see MK12 at the bottom of peoples list considering they have but one title design to show- there's no way of knowing if they could keep up the originality with subsequent designs. But why all the disappointment towards them? What is wrong with this design? It has all the elements other title designs had. The graphics quality is fine, too. I think some of you are dismissing their design based on the song or film surrounding it, which they had no control over.
    Richardo wrote:
    1.) Daniel Kleinman
    2.) MK12

Says it all really. To dismiss Binder and Brownjohn entirely shows childish petulance. You may not like their work, which I don't have an issue with personally. We all have our preferences, but to not even recognise them for the contributions they made to the series, is pretty poor.
    Perchance you need a dictionary. I am nowhere near petulant. Binder and Brownjohn are legends in their own time, in the great Bond legacy. Therefore; they rest upon a higher echelon, my personal preference for modern title sequence designers notwithstanding.

Now, @WillyGalore and the Silly Opinion Police may lower their batons and exit the marathon.
    Richardo wrote:
    Richardo wrote:
    1.) Daniel Kleinman
    2.) MK12

Perchance you need a dictionary. I am nowhere near petulant. Binder and Brownjohn are legends in their own time, in the great Bond legacy. Therefore; they rest upon a higher echelon, my personal preference for modern title sequence designers notwithstanding.

Now, @WillyGalore and the Silly Opinion Police may lower their batons and exit the marathon.

Yes you've kinda just proved my point there.

The question in this thread was to rank in order from 1 to 4 the Title Designers, and so to only rank 2 and then say "don't care for the others" is actually quite petulant is it not.

1.) Daniel Kleinman
    2.) MK12
    3.) Binder
    4.) Brownjohn
    1. Maurice Binder
    2. Robert Brownjohn
    3. Daniel Kleinman
    4. MK12
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 11,119
    1 --> Maurice Binder: irreplacable.
    2 --> Robert Brownjohn: simplicity works.
    3 --> Daniel Kleinman: excelled with CR and SF.
    4 --> MK12: bye.

Also have a look at my topic 'The best main title experience since GoldenEye': http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7321/bond-polls-2013-best-main-title-experience-since-1995039s-039goldeneye039#Item_30
    Opening up this thread again-on a different angle...

CR and SF opening sequences are great in my opinion --is it because they keep the best of classic Bond but evolve enough to feel new, exciting and relevant?
    Do opening credits need to keep evolving?

What things need to still be in a great Bond opening credit?

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    edited February 2014 Posts: 523
    @AGBond : I think it's very subjective to decide which things are needed in a great Bond opening credit. IMO, it mostly depends on the main plot and on the tone (dark in recent films) the Bond character got during the story.

About the content : Bond, martinis, guns and girls at the least. The rest should be selected according to that Bond and the story.