Your Bond watches

1111213141517»

Comments

• imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    QBranch wrote: »
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Homage to the Rolex 6542 worn by Pussy Galore in Goldfinger.

51696937687_c455d71c65_b.jpg

That detail underneath that says 'ocean 39 GMT' looks like the gun barrel white dot when it features the producers credits either side.

@QBranch You are right! I can't believe I never noticed that before!

51707671083_e60b7ae215_b.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Excellent! There are watches with a gun barrel dial, and now we have the white dot too!
  • KenAustinKenAustin United States
    I've had my Omega Seamaster Professional for nearly 2 decades now, I love that watch.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Have been off of here for a while, but my girlfriend got me the Q2 for christmas. Seems like I was jammering on about how I was talking to a few guys online about that watch, so she took the initiative. I like it a lot so far.
  • JustJamesJustJames London
    IMG-20210508-211030.jpg
    Rather pleased with this Pagani 'homage' to the Omega original. It's advertised on their website with a gunbarrel behind it, the cheeky blighters!
    The £7800 for the Omega is a bit out of my price range, so i was impressed with the quality of the Pagani for £100 😁

I nabbed one of these too. Aside from the actual Omega being way out of my range, I like the way this is like a hybrid Bond watch between the Brosnan seamaster and the current one. The dial is Brosnan style after all, and it has the liquid metal ceramic bezel.(I also like that it has a date window, and doesn’t have the arrow or the helium escape valve.) I have modified mine slightly by luming the bezel markings, and picked up a mesh strap and a couple of Natos. (Sans 007 branding, naturally) Can dress it up or down or for comfort that way.

I think it’s the first time I have really wanted a Bond tribute watch, though various of my fathers friends and he himself all wore similar likely because of the influence of Connery bond when they were kids. Something about the colour palette on this and the Omega it’s homaging really appealed to me. If I win the lottery or land a big book deal I will get a ‘real’ one maybe. I do have a soft spot for titanium.