Your Bond watches

1810121314

Comments

  • Posts: 5,200
    QBranch wrote: »
    Thanks. I did not intend to wear it, it's a mock-up display watch with the hands printed on the dial.

    The hands are printed on the dial? wow, I couldn't tell. Very well made, @QBranch. You deserve your monicker. Bravo.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 10,839
    Thanks mate. I just cleaned up a hi-res photo of the dial. The different yellows/peach colours look closer to one colour in person, though I might keep my eye out for a more yellowish bezel insert, or make the yellows on the dial more orangey.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Posts: 801
    49522142832_db5a0bbf9f_b.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 6,260
    I made you made sure that watch was stable on there! :D
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 5,200
    imranbecks wrote: »
    49522142832_db5a0bbf9f_b.jpg

    Cool, and although I think your 300 is the one from CR, those two elements combined really make me think of Brosnan. In a cool way, of course.
  • Posts: 12,150
    imranbecks wrote: »
    49522142832_db5a0bbf9f_b.jpg

    I like what you have done there!!! :-bd
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,518
    My friend M. and I made a trip to the Swatch shop at the Bluewater shopping centre today:

    ERTHTF6XYAIIAL0.jpg

    As well as this excellent display, and another one inside, they were playing Bond themes. The woman who served us was very enthusiastic and told us she's seen the 'Q' watch, which will be out in a couple of weeks and cost £174. It'll have a skeleton dial so you can see the works.

    The watches are very nice; nicer than they look in photos, I think. M. bought LTK and I went for OHMSS:

  • Posts: 345
    I think a little more effort could have gone into the LTK swatch.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,518
    I notice that most of the watches are from years ending in 9 (OHMSS 1969, MR 1979, LTK 1989, TWINE 1999). I wonder if they thought they'd be bringing them out last year?
    Kananga wrote: »
    I think a little more effort could have gone into the LTK swatch.

    It is nicer than it looks - I might well have bought one if my friend hadn't decided it was his favourite.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Posts: 2,302
    @Agent_99 pretty sure you’re right, on the pre-release promo images you can actually see 2019 mentioned on the label on the edge of the VHS packaging

    904-D0-DA7-F67-C-4-DC5-A89-A-07971-CFA0-DEE.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,518
    So you can! My box says 2020. Hope they didn't have to pulp too many...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 6,260
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I notice that most of the watches are from years ending in 9 (OHMSS 1969, MR 1979, LTK 1989, TWINE 1999). I wonder if they thought they'd be bringing them out last year?

    Oh good spot: you're obviously right!

    Mind you, I guess if they were doing it to tie into NTTD, there's never been a Bond film released on the first year of the decade before!
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Posts: 2,662
    The VHS packaging looks very nice.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,119
    I have the bi-metal gold and silver Rolex date just that Roger Moore always wore in public. https://www.rolexmagazine.com/2019/08/roger-moore.html?m=1.

  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Posts: 2,302
    The VHS packaging looks very nice.

    Absolutely, I’d go as far to say I like it better than the watches! And I do quite like the watches!

  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 6,260
    suavejmf wrote: »
    I have the bi-metal gold and silver Rolex date just that Roger Moore always wore in public. https://www.rolexmagazine.com/2019/08/roger-moore.html?m=1.

    That's very classy. Got any pics? :)
  • Posts: 345
    Picked up a Swatch today at the Oxford St store, was given a pack of playing cards with the 007 logo. The store has some great displays for the watches.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,518
    Q Swatch is here (and already out of stock):

    https://shop.swatch.com/en_gb/collections/swatch-x-007-c111.html

    SS07Z100_sa000_sr10.jpg
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Defender of Timothy Dalton, George Lazenby, Éric Serra & Bond '83!
    Posts: 5,260
    Any opinions on the new Swatch releases?

    Personally I think the DN and OHMSS watches are really nice.
    I like the LTK one as well, but wouldn't know when to wear it unless with a linnen shirt in the middle of the summer.
    The others are all fine though can't say I'm blown away.
    The latest addition with Q on it is gorgeous though I want to know if I like the film first and by the time I do (apparently November) I'm sure it will be sold out.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 6,260
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Q Swatch is here (and already out of stock):

    https://shop.swatch.com/en_gb/collections/swatch-x-007-c111.html

    SS07Z100_sa000_sr10.jpg

    I got mine ordered, luckily! :)
    Can all 7,007 have really sold out that quickly or is it just the first batch of their production run which have sold out?
  • Posts: 2,871
    mtm wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Q Swatch is here (and already out of stock):

    https://shop.swatch.com/en_gb/collections/swatch-x-007-c111.html

    SS07Z100_sa000_sr10.jpg

    I got mine ordered, luckily! :)
    Can all 7,007 have really sold out that quickly or is it just the first batch of their production run which have sold out?

    They're split across multiple retailers worldwide including the 007 store
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Posts: 2,662
    I ordered the Q one, too. I'm very looking forward to it.
    And I got my Dr. No watch this week. A bit too colourful for every occasion but I like it a lot. And the VHS package is awesome.
    The only thing I need getting used to is the loud clicking every second. When I'm in secret agent modus it almost feels like a bomb would detonate very soon ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 6,260
    antovolk wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Q Swatch is here (and already out of stock):

    https://shop.swatch.com/en_gb/collections/swatch-x-007-c111.html

    SS07Z100_sa000_sr10.jpg

    I got mine ordered, luckily! :)
    Can all 7,007 have really sold out that quickly or is it just the first batch of their production run which have sold out?

    They're split across multiple retailers worldwide including the 007 store

    Oh yes: they appear to have stock unless they haven't updated the page.

    Appears to be back in stock on Swatch too:
    https://shop.swatch.com/en_gb/watches/skin/irony-42/q-ss07z100.html
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Posts: 2,302
    Hot damn, watches aren’t really my thing, I very rarely wear one, but that Q Swatch looks absolutely gorgeous ... I may actually have to buy a Bond watch for the first time in my life ....

    tenor.gif?itemid=1545203
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 2,012
    If you're planning on buying in store, get there earlier, they're getting a handful per store in.

  • edited March 2020 Posts: 795
    I ordered the Q watch this morning direct from Swatch.. I'm not a Bond watch collector but just couldn't resist. Also picked up a LTK watch from the Tribute range. All other styles were sold out. I'm really happy with my purchases. I usually wear a £5 Casio which keeps really good time but these Bond watches will be really nice to wear on high days and holidays
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 6,260
    I ordered the Q watch this morning direct from Swatch.. I'm not a Bond watch collector but just couldn't resist. Also picked up a LTK watch from the Tribute range. All other styles were sold out.

    They do seem to come back into stock quite often though in case you liked any others: worth having another peek. Unless you don't want your bank account to suffer!
    :D
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Posts: 2,518
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Any opinions on the new Swatch releases?

    I'm really happy with the OHMSS watch. It's not everyone's style but I like bold, fun watches that people notice. It's a bit big for my puny girl-wrist, but feels comfortable.

    And I like the loud tick; I've been brand-loyal to Swatch since I got a Pop Swatch in the early 90s, and the noise is part of that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 6,260
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Any opinions on the new Swatch releases?

    I'm really happy with the OHMSS watch. It's not everyone's style but I like bold, fun watches that people notice. It's a bit big for my puny girl-wrist, but feels comfortable.

    Yeah I see the Q watch is 41mm? It doesn't look that big in the photos; I prefer a smaller diameter myself too.
Sign In or Register to comment.