Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    Batman-and-robin-screen-1.jpg

Batman & Robin (1997)

I decided to rewatch this after 12 years...
    WHY WAS THIS MOVIE EVEN MADE????? :'(
    I saw this in theater's as a young child and the only thing I remember was the bright neon colors. This movie nearly killed the Batman Franchise and is possibly the worst super hero movie ever...well that's debatable, green lantern was pretty horrible.
    2 out of 10.

YOU'RE STILL ALIVE?! What miracle is this?!?!?! :O

You must be severely masochistic.
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    Street Fighter The Movie with Jean Claude Van Damme. Oh my god i remember being so excited as a kid when this movie came out. Hell i remember seeing the commercial for it for the first time on tv, all i remember was Guile kicking M.Bison and i identified them right away from the games.

It is an enjoyable film due to one factor, Raul Julia. Yeah he physically was not ready for the role for obvious reasons but he brought the character of M.Bison to life

• edited February 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Django Unchained

Enjoyed it overall. A little too long in places but great performances from all the cast. I confess I preferred Inglorious Basterds though.

7/10
    Murdock wrote:
    Batman-and-robin-screen-1.jpg

Batman & Robin (1997)

I decided to rewatch this after 12 years...
    WHY WAS THIS MOVIE EVEN MADE????? :'(
    I saw this in theater's as a young child and the only thing I remember was the bright neon colors. This movie nearly killed the Batman Franchise and is possibly the worst super hero movie ever...well that's debatable, green lantern was pretty horrible.
    2 out of 10.

That film did leave me a little cold I admit ;)
  • I thought Inglorious Basterds was one of Tarantino's weaker films while Django is up there with Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill 1 and 2 as his best.
    Well the first film was "Confucious! starring Chow Yun Fat. Not watched a foreign language film in a long time, this certainly had me gripped. Excellent watch! Followed by contrast was "Lesbian Vampire Killers! Starring Matthew Horne and James Corden. Its that bad its good! Laughed alot as to me they were more like there Gavin and Stacey charactors. Some pretty hot chicks in it too! :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Well Brady, I should have been on the floor coughing up foam but this movie has one good thing about it. The film Score. Elliot Goldenthal is the silver lining to this movie. the music in this movie is pretty good for the most part.

^This is my favorite part of the score.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Clue The Movie 8/10

They just don't make them like this anymore. Very funny movie and my favorite Tim Curry film.
    MIB3 6/10 - a very amusing movie in which Brolin playing K absolutely steals the movie.

Prometeus8/10 - Once more Scot delivers a great looking movie, for all those alien fans perhaps a let down, but this movie is about the origin of mankind and will undoubtely tie in the Alien movie when the sequel has been made. This movie feels very SciFi and does not try and cover the usual bases. An entire new chapter in the franchise that goes its own road. I am really looking forward to the next movie.

The Amazing Spider-man 6/10 - Watched it with the kids and they really loved this version, too be honest the special efffects are superiour to the Raimi movies and honestly I find Andrew Garfield a far more convincing Peter Parker. A fun superhero movie that perhaps caters better to the comics than the Raimi movies did.

Sherlock Holmes, a games of Shadows 7/10- Once more Downey and Law show us a great pairing as Homes and Watson. It is easy to enjoy this series next to BBC's Sherlock as they both have chosen their own style and both work. Looking forward to the third movie.
    Black Death made in 2010 starring Sean Bean. Ok i guess and there was plenty of gore!
    Super Mario Bros 10/10 - I dont get why fans disliked the darker tone of the movie compared with the games. Bob Hoskins was great in the lead role.

Amazing Spiderman - 0/10 - Someone get Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi back. Please.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 2,107
    Captain America - The First Avenger ***
    Cowboys & Aliens ***
    Dredd *****
    Iron Man ***
    Iron Man 2 **½
    Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol *****
    Judge Dredd ***
    Sherlock Holmes ****
    Sherlock Holmes - a Game of Shadows ***
    Star Trek -09 ***
    Sword of Honour *****
    The Bourne Legacy *
    The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo *****
    Tropic Thunder *****

....and I might have missed some, since I watch a lot of movies....
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited February 2013 Posts: 16,331
    jka12002 wrote:
    Super Mario Bros 10/10 - I dont get why fans disliked the darker tone of the movie compared with the games. Bob Hoskins was great in the lead role.

Amazing Spiderman - 0/10 - Someone get Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi back. Please.

YES!!! Finally someone else who loves this movie as much as I do. :)

• Hot Fuzz :D
    A Good Year

I enjoy this movie. It has a good cast (Gladiator, Talia Al Ghul and Kincade, can't get better than that) and I just the kind of movie I like when I feel a little melancholic.
    I just wonder what would they think now about rubbing Lance Armstrong in those French cyclists...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    0013 wrote:
    A Good Year

I enjoy this movie. It has a good cast (Gladiator, Talia Al Ghul and Kincade, can't get better than that) and I just the kind of movie I like when I feel a little melancholic.
    I just wonder what would they think now about rubbing Lance Armstrong in those French cyclists...

Great little film. I haven't seen it in years, but I remember enjoying it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    0013 wrote:
    A Good Year

Great little film. I haven't seen it in years, but I remember enjoying it.

Good to meet someone else who likes it. I mean, it's not perfect but it wasn't very appreciated. And there's Marion Cotillard, currently my favorite actress.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Resident Evil 5: Retribution

reg_1024.evil.ls.7512.jpg

Since for some strange reason this film ended up not released in my local theatre, I had to await its DVD release. But today was the magic day, and...

... I like it! Seriously, I find its fantastical video game-ish style and narrative very much a treat. There's also some stuff for fans of both the previous films and the video games in it. Familiar faces showing up, new faces bringing fresh stuff to the game: I'm all for it. Oh and there's a little bit of exposition right before the end titles start scrolling which leaves me in eager anticipation of the next instalment. ;-)

Just fun, no more - no less. Retribution isn't as scary as RE 1 or 3, nor as adrenaline inducing as RE 2, but it's still a pleasure to watch. I like it better than RE 4.
    @0013, she's a fantastic actress. Have you seen her in 'Public Enemies'?

@DarthDimi, I remember talking to you about this! I was looking forward to your review of the film at the time, but I recall you saying you had to wait for the DVD release. Unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy it. I've been debating renting it to give it another watch. It seems to make a difference. Who knows, perhaps I'll enjoy it a little more.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Indeed she is, and very beautiful. No, I haven't seen Public Enemies... is it good?
    @0013, it received good-to-mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it. I love Michael Mann's work - I think he's my favorite director - and his style mixed with John Dillinger's story and an excellent cast made it one of my favorite films of the year of its release. Cotillard gets a lot more screen presence in the former half of the film -once Dillinger meets her - but she's excellent in it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0013, it received good-to-mixed reviews, but I really enjoyed it. I love Michael Mann's work - I think he's my favorite director - and his style mixed with John Dillinger's story and an excellent cast made it one of my favorite films of the year of its release. Cotillard gets a lot more screen presence in the former half of the film -once Dillinger meets her - but she's excellent in it.

Thank you for the recommendation. I'll put it on my "must see" list!
    @0013, do let me know your thoughts once you've finally seen it!
    0013 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Indeed she is, and very beautiful. No, I haven't seen Public Enemies... is it good?

It's a Michael Mann film. Of course it's not good. It's great! B-)

Great cinematography by the master himself, Dante Spinotti.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Resident Evil 5: Retribution

reg_1024.evil.ls.7512.jpg

Since for some strange reason this film ended up not released in my local theatre, I had to await its DVD release. But today was the magic day, and...

... I like it! Seriously, I find its fantastical video game-ish style and narrative very much a treat. There's also some stuff for fans of both the previous films and the video games in it. Familiar faces showing up, new faces bringing fresh stuff to the game: I'm all for it. Oh and there's a little bit of exposition right before the end titles start scrolling which leaves me in eager anticipation of the next instalment. ;-)

Just fun, no more - no less. Retribution isn't as scary as RE 1 or 3, nor as adrenaline inducing as RE 2, but it's still a pleasure to watch. I like it better than RE 4.

I have not yet seen Retribution, but now it's out on DVD, I don't really have an excuse.
    That comes as a surprise for me, @MajorDSmythe. ;-) I would have expected you to be all over this film, what with the return of Jill and all. ;-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    That comes as a surprise for me, @MajorDSmythe. ;-) I would have expected you to be all over this film, what with the return of Jill and all. ;-)

I know, right. I should have been all over Retribution like a rash by now. Still, it's out on DVD now. :D
    Watching Octopussy for the first time, bought it today. I kinda wonder how the hell Roger aged so fast on his face from this movie to AVTAK
  • jka12002 wrote:
    Watching Octopussy for the first time, bought it today. I kinda wonder how the hell Roger aged so fast on his face from this movie to AVTAK

Apparently he had a face lift inbetween which just made him look worse.

Love OP. One of my favourites. Moore really should have gone out on a high note with this one instead of doing AVTAK.
  • Mimic directors cut. Big improvement on the Theatrical release. Del torro has re edited it close as possible to his original vision. The film genuinely now is creepy and the audience is never taken out of this grim world.
    Resident Evil: Retribution
    tumblr_m8lv4li7Wa1qm3qa2o1_r1_400.png

Three words: yay for Jill. Curiously, this time I wasn't as put of by Alice as usual. Jilll is still better though. I was expecting the film to run for longer, so I was a bit surprised to find it last only little more than 90 minutes.