Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wow, I think you and M Balje are the biggest movie consumers on the board, with Darth a close contender.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Wow, I think you and M Balje are the biggest movie consumers on the board, with Darth a close contender.

Shall we do a Brosnan marathon one day? I'm sure you'll enjoy it. ;)

Mine will consist of Mars Attacks.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

One of the few Brosnan films I've never seen.

The best. He is really good in it. Tom Jones is there, too.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

One of the few Brosnan films I've never seen.

It's almost as good as Cowboys & Aliens (Craig's Mars Attacks of sorts, if not intentionally)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've always enjoyed priding myself on being a huge movie nut and a big film buff, but I've never seen someone watch movies the way @DaltonCraig007 does. Congratulations, and thanks for always giving me something else to watch!
    Sometimes I don't watch a film for 1/2 weeks, but when I make myself a list of films to watch, there's no stopping me until I've completed the task. :)
    @DaltonCraig007, that's how I've been with this Bondathon: as soon as I really got into it, I've been watching two or three a day.
    edited August 2015 Posts: 15,694
    @Creasy47 if I count correctly, I've watched and reviewed 27 asian films so far, and based on the list of total films to be seen in this marathon, I am not even half way done. Truth be told this marathon of mine consists of a little more than 70 films, and of course I have tons of other films to watch (I still haven't seen Run All Night, or John Wick, Fury, Nightcrawler...). Hopefully I should be done with it in a few weeks, because soon the latest asian films will become available, so the list will expand again.
    @DaltonCraig007, I'm sure it's accidental, but 'Nightcrawler' is totally different than those other three you mentioned, but I'm sure you know that. ;)

Knowing you, you'll fall in love with 'John Wick.' Instantly impressed me and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Lancaster007 walks in, shoots everybody, sits down at the bar for a drink and then leaves while buttoning up his vest. ;-)

Ha ha - love it, makes me sound real cool!
    Three Amigos with Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Chevy Chase. Can't remember the last time I saw a comedy this disappointing - I only laughed like twice. Very unfunny - just a dull comedy. Skip it if you haven't seen it.
    ANTMAN!

Went yesterday with my stepson and his friend as part of his birthday treat. Have to say we all enjoyed it very much and I look forward to seeing how the character is developed in future movies and how he will tie into the Avenger movies?
  • Anchorman .
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 2,081
    220px-The_insider_movie_poster_1999.jpg

The Insider

I hadn't seen this in years, so it was about time to re-watch. Always thought it was wonderful. The most exciting, the most engaging Michael Mann movie for me personally. This one I could really feel, and it fully held my attention from beginning to end. An interesting subject matter (based on a true story) very well handled. =D>

Also the movie that introduced Lisa Gerrard to me, and I remain grateful for that, and the rest of the soundtrack is excellent, too.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Tuulia, I'm so happy you speak so fondly of The Insider. A few days ago I was trying to convince @Creasy47 that The Insider is the second best film, IMO, that Mann made, right after the monumental HEAT. :-) I'm glad Creasy will now be able to read your love for the film too.
    @DarthDimi, I just read that a little bit ago and thought of our conversation! :)

I'll have to get around to checking it out very soon, then. It's Mann, so I can't see myself being disappointed in the slightest.
    I can only agree with everything @Tuulia says, @Creasy47! :-) So I'm very curious to read your comments on the film once you've gotten to it.
    @DarthDimi, well I've been working on this Bondathon (on AVTAK now), and I want to go through all of my Criterion blu-rays, so after that, I might dive into some more movies that I've yet to see. I'll try to make a point of seeing that one first!
    @DarthDimi and @Creasy47, I saw that conversation... :) I thought about butting in at the time, but decided against it since it had been years since I'd seen it and I was about to re-watch it soon anyway...

I re-watched Heat not that long ago as well, and I can now safely say that I actually prefer The Insider.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Charlie Chan in Honolulu.

I'm a sucker for old-fashioned mystery movies. I love the Charlie Chan movies and luckily they released almost all of them in really good DVD quality.

I guess Sidney Toler is my favourite Chan but I do enjoy all of the Chan actors.
    @Tuulia, why that's a bold statement for sure. :-)
    @Tuulia, why that's a bold statement for sure. :-)

I just see it as opinion. *shrug*

I care about what's happening in The Insider more, I care about the events, the story, the people in it much more. Therefore I feel more involved, it keeps my attention more firmly, I find it more exciting and more rewarding. It just feels more real and less stylized.

I enjoyed Heat more when I first saw it in theatre than I do now.
    The Insider hasn't lost any of its fascination for me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Edge Of Sanity

7b4764a9-796c-493e-a956-8a9dcc355c95.jpg

Jekyll & Hyde fused with Jack The Ripper. This film has been on my wanted list for a while now, but I wasn't prepared for the sleazy content, or how much Perkins would ham up the role(s). He plays both parts perfectly, the sexually repressed Dr Jekyll, and the sexually perverted Jack (as in 'The Ripper') Hyde.

Yet, despite the campy performances from Perkins, and the very sleazy content, I liked this take on Stevenson's story. This version goes those few extra steps in showing us how nasty Hyde can be (and i'm not talking about pushing little old ladies over in the street).
    Thank you, mister @MajorDSmythe sir. ;-) I'll be checking out that film - pronto.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    You might need to take a shower afterwards, to clean yourself. It is that sleazy.
    Sir, I am the king of sleaze.

(Okay, I'll get the soap...)
    Sir, I am the king of sleaze.

(Okay, I'll get the soap...)

Soap? You'll need industrial grade detergent to cleanse youreself. Soap... you lightweight. ;)
    You might need to take a shower afterwards, to clean yourself. It is that sleazy.

Given what Anthony Perkins does with showers, maybe it would be better to take a bath.