Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Outland. I love Connery in this, and while it not a great film, it certainly is a fun one. Plus: getting Connery to utter the name "Spectre" (character name spelled Spector) is hilarious.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Man oh man, I had so much faith in this thing and it just disappointed me on every single level. It should have been called The Unspectacular Spider-Man instead...

I concur with what many have already said: I miss the Raimi Spider-Man.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 I know you saw 'Senna' and 'Rush', but did you also see '1: Life on the Limit'?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Creasy47 I know you saw 'Senna' and 'Rush', but did you also see '1: Life on the Limit'?

I have not, is that another one you'd recommend?

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2014 Posts: 15,690
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I have not, is that another one you'd recommend?

Very much. It goes beyond the other 2 movies, and looks at how Formula 1 evolved from it's killer years to the modern era. It's about the struggle to make the sport safer. It features interviews from many of the sport's legends, including one of the final apparitions from Michael Schumacher before his skiing accident last year.

Here's the trailer:

It's really 2 hours of thrilling Formula 1 history.
  • Jaws - masterpiece probably the greatest film ever made in moderrn era. Shot for shot this film is astounding.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Jaws - masterpiece probably the greatest film ever made in moderrn era. Shot for shot this film is astounding.
    Jaws, Close Encounters & Raiders defined the era IMO.
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Jaws - masterpiece probably the greatest film ever made in moderrn era. Shot for shot this film is astounding.
    Jaws, Close Encounters & Raiders defined the era IMO.

Agree, Raiders one of of my favourite films. Was looking at Close encounters two days ago, did not buy it as it appeared to be a DVD on bluray. Certainly a film I'll upgrade at some point, Jaws on bluray looks amazing.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    (deleted)
  • HASEROT wrote: »
    Jaws on bluray looks amazing.

my god yes it does..... the restoration they did on the film was remarkable - it looks like the movie was filmed recently....

when i bought my new TV and home theater system last year, JAWS was the first movie i put in... OMG, the picture and sound were remarkable - my theater system had the whole house rumbling when the shark was using the ropes to pull the Orca backwards - when they were trying to cut the lines.

It was like watching the film for the first time, its one those movies you just want to exist in. Minus being malled by the shark :) It is incredibly vivid.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DaltonCraig007, wow, I'll have to add that to my 'To Watch' list, as well! It's always growing and never seems to decrease in size with how much I add, but I look forward to getting to it as soon as possible.
    I caught Jaws on one of the HD movie channels a while back and was amazed at how good the film looked in high definition. I bought the Blu-ray several months back but, for whatever reason, haven't given it a viewing yet. It'll definitely have to go at or near the top of my watch list.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I saw two films last weekend.

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
    I saw the first film just a few days before this one, and I liked the original very much. I thought it was a worthy sequel. I would have liked it to be a bit longer, because it felt that it ended to quickly. The style and the acting was great. Although I think it missed some of emotional connection.

Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie
    Pretty entertaining. I liked the idea of the story. The opening introduced everything in a good way. Some people who are unfamiliar might not get all jokes here and there since its very geared towards fans.
    Friday the 13th: Part 2 (1981) Better than 1st outing, the kills are more badass in this :D Still, you guys say the series hits its mark on Part 3, so I'll be watching it later tonight :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Friday the 13th: Part 2 (1981) Better than 1st outing, the kills are more badass in this :D Still, you guys say the series hits its mark on Part 3, so I'll be watching it later tonight :)

Ah yes, the old F13 sequel. :) The one in which the girls are warned to stay clean downstairs lest the *bears* get them. :-S
    (deleted)
    (deleted)
    edited September 2014 Posts: 15,690
    Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982) Finally I see Jason with his hockey mask - very badass look :D But yeah @haserot, part 2 is my favorite so far. I did notice the 3D gimicks and they didn't really work for me. Of course I didn't see it in 3D, but these gimickry kind of fell flat.

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984) Better than part 3, but the ending kind of annoyed me.. I am all up for damsel in distresse, but Trisha was just a complete idiot at the end. Couldn't wait for Jason to kill her, but he didn't :(
    @DaltonCraig007 The Final Chapter is one of my favourites. Corey Feldman as Tommy and CRISPIN GLOVER! :D Did you see that dance of his? Wow!
    (deleted)
    @haserot

No no, Rob is not Alice's brother. He's the brother of Sandra, the girl who takes her boyfriend on a recon trip to old Camp Crystal Lake. ;-)

Yeah, it's funny. :-) But you've got to admit, The Final Chapter has a great climactic effect by Tom Savini:
    Jason's head gliding down the machete

and lots of gratuitous T&A. ;-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2014 Posts: 13,894
    I can't ever forgive The Final Chapter for letting Corey Feldman of all people kill Jason. Halloween fans didn't like seeing Busta Rhymes kicking Michaels ass, but at least Rhymes was a grown man.
    What cracked me up in Final Chapter was when Trisha gets really scared, starts screaming and tries to leave the house. She opens the front door, only to find a dead body there. Instead of simply taking a big step and going over the body, she goes screaming back in the house to another door, where she finds another body blocking the entire exit, screams some more, throws a chair in a window and climbs out. :P

Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985) My rating of this movie will depend on what answer I get from you guys, since I was a bit confused at the end: It wasn't Jason doing the killings?
    @DaltonCraig007
    It wasn't. It was Roy, the EMT. The fat kid with the chocolate bar that got axed? Roy was his estranged dad who suddenly decided the brutal death of his son in a halfway house warrants a killing spree. In this movie, Jason's officially dead.

I mostly watch this film for two reasons
    and they both belong to the girl who gets slaughtered in the forest. :D
    In that case I didn't like this movie :( But I agree @DarthDimi, that girl was very pretty :D
    I think you may find some of the latter films interesting, @DaltonCraig007. :) Seriously, I'm really curious how you'll feel about Jason Takes Manhattan (in Vancouver but with Times Square inserts :D ), Jason Goes To Hell (a somewhat experimental film in the series), Jason X (can you spot Cronenberg? :D ), Freddy versus Jason (my favourite) and the reboot (which tends to polarize the fans.) After this, I hope you'll give Nightmare a chance. :)
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985) My rating of this movie will depend on what answer I get from you guys, since I was a bit confused at the end: It wasn't Jason doing the killings?
    What annoyed me about 5 was that they set up the fact that Tommy was killing people (be it consciously or otherwise) which would have been awesome. Unfortunately the real killer was practically waving at the screen every time he was on.

Sheriff talking to himself: 'What's going on here?'
    Roy: 'You talking to me Sheriff?'
    Sheriff: 'No Roy.'
    Roy: 'Oh. Cause I thought you were taking to me.'

I WONDER WHO THE KILLER IS
    sticker,375x360.png

What's your take on the ending? Was Tommy dreaming still? Whether he was or not, they pulled a 'Halloween 5' on us and abandoned the idea in the next movie.

Part V also happens to have the most WTF 'romantic' moment ever:
    Demon and his girlfriend singing to each other while he's in the Port-O-John.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    After this, I hope you'll give Nightmare a chance. :)
    I think we'll all agree that Nightmare had the worst remake of all
    @Master_Dahark
    I tend to disagree. I consider it a better film than the F13 remake. However, I rank the TCM and Halloween remakes a lot higher.
    @Master_Dahark My god, that moment where Demon signing while he is sitting on the toilet was hilarious :D I was wondering what kind of good stuff they smoked while thinking of such a scene...