What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• I loved Adele doing the theme for Skyfall, I felt like I captured the classic themes of the past which was really nice for someone to go back to basics. The rumor of course is that they are trying to get Adele to do the next one, I would be happy with this. That woman has pipes!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,894
    Please not Adele again. She's like the solo version of Coldplay, dreary.
  • Please not Adele again. She's like the solo version of Coldplay, dreary.

Never thought of her like that haha

Please not Adele again. She's like the solo version of Coldplay, dreary.

Never thought of her like that haha

And I never will, her two albums ooze quality and her theme song for SF was immediately a quality that most recent songs for the 007 franchise failed to deliver. The franchise has always have more succes with ballads & popsongs, with the exception of one rock number that still rocks today, namely Paul McCarthy his effort.

While I have no problem with Adele returning I would have even less trouble with Robbie Williams going big band style.

While I enjoyed Muse's apperent throw at the Skyfall gig Adele did ace them easily. Muse doing a pisspoor effort in the Twilight franchise might be part of my dislike for any future song effort for the 007 franchise.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I want an instrumental song like OHMSS or FRWL.
  • Although I doubt it'll happen.

Especially as they split up in 2009 ;) Shame they never did one though. Noel is still my number one choice for Bond 24's theme.

Haha well that about shows the extent of my expertise when it comes to the Gallagher brothers. That concert must've been around 2008 when QOS was released. Wow how time flies.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2013 Posts: 4,441
    Will those 4 make a big change...

Jhene Aiko http://www.hitfix.com/galleries/overlay/breakout-stars-from-2013-who-will-be-even-bigger-in-2014/1

Breakout projects of 2013: Even though she’s been kicking around the music business since she was an adolescent singing on records from other artists, most notably B2K, the soulful singer-songwriter finally came into her own in 2013 with the release of her first major label EP, and her appearance on Big Sean’s hit, "Aware," collaborating with Childish Gambino on his album, and opening for Drake (she also appears on two songs on Drake’s "Nothing Was the Same").
    What to look forward to in 2014: More music, including her full-length release, "Souled Out."

Mirrors Videoclip

The Lone Bellow http://www.hitfix.com/galleries/overlay/breakout-stars-from-2013-who-will-be-even-bigger-in-2014/9

Breakout project of 2013: Country-ish trio The Lone Bellow released their self-titled full-length album all the way back in January 2013, but spent this year earning their following (bellowing?) performing live, for audiences who soak up their backstory and banter. The three voices together wail and bop and whisper in such hypnotic harmony; it's like emotion out loud.
    What to look forward to in 2014: The acoustic crew has already laid out a hefty tour slate for the new year -- including a turn in the UK, which will doubtless grab hold of the group. (Sadly, looks like no dice opening for their recently split contemporaries The Civil Wars.) The threesome dropped a new EP just this month, which may be a signal for a quick turnaround for another full-length. I'm sure Descendant Records -- which exists under Sony -- is begging for it.

Bleeding Out videoclip

Nonono http://www.hitfix.com/galleries/overlay/breakout-stars-from-2013-who-will-be-even-bigger-in-2014/11

Breakout project of 2013: Hey, we did our best to alert you to the Swedish trio's "Pumpin' Blood" earlier this year, and Nonono had a big hit in Europe with "Like the Wind" before that. The former track got picked up for an international ad campaign for Samsung. They have a five-song EP to support.
    What to look forward to in 2014: Production duo Astma & Rocwell and singer Stina Wappling are currently knocking out their debut album in the studio. Our guess: their SXSW sets will be an outright takeover.

Pumpin Blood videoclip
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited January 2014 Posts: 1,261
    GOLDFRAPP
    MUSE
    GOSSIP

BTW, what happened to the guy who always wanted the Gipsy Kings doing the theme song?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He is probably touring with his band, The Gipsy Kings.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Ah, that might be an explanation. :-S :-?
    Did anyone hear the track that Amy winehouse did before she died? I've not heard it as yet but it would be great if anyone who has can point me on the right direction. Cheers
    I throw a wild card here ; Solange Knowles, the more talented, style-wise at least, of the two sisters. I'm really starting to dig her.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Murdock wrote:
    Me too!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Walecs wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Me too!

As do I.
  • RC7RC7
    I've never really taken much notice of this guy, but I've just heard his new track and the vocals are outstanding. I'd happily hear someone with a voice this soulful bashing out a Bond track.

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited March 2014 Posts: 2,629
    Justin Beiber because everyone loves him. That and Madonna needs competition for worst Bond song.

Daft Punk, they would only have to write a few notes. Bonus if robots are involved in the next film.

I wouldn't mind Adele coming back. Rush would great too.

• edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Kerim wrote:
    Madonna needs competition for worst Bond song.

Oh I think Jack White and Alicia Keys gave her that. I still have trouble deciding which song I hate more, DAD or AWTD.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    It wouldn't have been too bad if it was just him. The riffs to AWTD were actually pretty good. Unlike LALD, the sudden shifts in tempo just didn't work. The song should not have been a duet.
    Kerim wrote:
    Madonna needs competition for worst Bond song.

Oh I think Jack White and Alicia Keys gave her that. I still have trouble deciding which song I hate more, DAD or AWTD.

Madonna still wins, I think. Jack White and Alicia Keys did a bad, very bad Bond song, Madonna did a very bad Madonna song.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    But DAD at least has a melody. AWTD is just noise. I like Jack White but I think both songs are as bad as each other.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'd love for any of these artists to take on the challenge. IMO they all have the potential to deliver a Bondian theme:

Bat For Lashes
    Florence Welch
    Chairlift
    Polica
    Lana Del Rey
    Howling Bells
    Arcade Fire
    Tame Impala
    Temples
    QOTSA
    Arctic Monkeys
    Miley Cyrus
    But DAD at least has a melody. AWTD is just noise. I like Jack White but I think both songs are as bad as each other.

Id you consider Madonna's singing melodic... What I find worse in DAD is that it is a narcissistic Madonna song. Just for this, it takes the cake.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Kerim wrote:
    It wouldn't have been too bad if it was just him. The riffs to AWTD were actually pretty good. Unlike LALD, the sudden shifts in tempo just didn't work. The song should not have been a duet.

White should have left the vocals and lyrics to someone else. The instrumental is fine though but out of the 2 singers on the track, White was the weak link.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    QBranch wrote:
    I'd love for any of these artists to take on the challenge. IMO they all have the potential to deliver a Bondian theme:

Lana Del Rey

Miley Cyrus

I sincerely hope you're joking about Cyrus but Lana Del Rey would be excellent!

Have you heard her rendition of, 'once upon a dream' for Jolie's Maleficent? It's beautiful.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,929
    doubleoego wrote:
    I sincerely hope you're joking about Cyrus but Lana Del Rey would be excellent!
    Haha Of course, just rounding it off with a laugh.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Have you heard her rendition of, 'once upon a dream' for Jolie's Maleficent? It's beautiful.
    I'm not sure I've heard that, however I have heard a lot of her music now, and feel she'd be ace for the Bond theme. Loved her since 'video games'.
    I think Michael Buble would be a good call. He would give the Bond theme a very 60's feel.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Sammm04 wrote:
    I think Michael Buble would be a good call. He would give the Bond theme a very 60's feel.

Certainly a great choice !
    And finally Muse. Rumoured along with Adele for SF, I think they would've been a much better choice. This song (written as a Bond theme) has been stuck in my head since I first heard it. Again, could happen.

I'd also like to see Slash and I'd like it if Cornell came back. Don't think I want Adele again.

Definitely concur on Muse. Every song they've ever done just begs to be a Bond theme. And since they were musical guests when Daniel Craig was hosting SNL once, someone should have been able to put two and two together and see that this needs to happen.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    doubleoego wrote:
    Kerim wrote:

White should have left the vocals and lyrics to someone else. The instrumental is fine though but out of the 2 singers on the track, White was the weak link.

I'll admit it's the worst thing he's done and aren't we forgetting the time scale this was written in after all that faffing about with Winehouse.

White is one of the most talented rock stars on the planet so no he wasn't the weak link, Keyes should have been jettisoned, plenty of songs in Jack's repertoire showed he was more than capable of delivering the good.

AWTD is nowhere as bad as DAD or TND, talk about naff.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 11,189
    AWTD is nowhere as bad as DAD or TND, talk about naff.

With all due respect I disagree with TND.

That at least has some sort of a tune. Sheryl Crow's song isn't one of the greats by any means but I don't think its as bad as some say.

TND would win everytime over AWTD, which is entirely forgettable. I used to actually like it but I've liked it less and less as the years have gone by - especially when I compare it to other Bond songs.
This discussion has been closed.