What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I'm disappointed but staying cautiously optimistic for this.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    "James Bond is the coolest film franchise ever to exist".

Well that's obviously true. Good girl. Her involvement is exciting for sure, especially since I genuinely don't know what to expect.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm curious as to when they decided to hire Eilish since apparently no one knew she would get the gig until a very few weeks ago (definitely after the trailer was dropped) whereas the first Sam Smith rumors surfaced a year earlier.

Congrats @Pierce2Daniel , I think you called it first.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK, here she is working on another song she did with her brother ...
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Totally neutral on Billie Eilish. Just the fact that she's not Ed Sheeran puts her in my favor. And I like her voice overall.

And her 2017 EP 'don't smile at me' is very soild. Some great catchy tunes there, with Bond flavour here and there.

Her Album from last year is unlistenable to me though. Just noise.

But these two can write good Songs (when they want to) so i'm not worried.
    Walecs wrote: »
    I'm curious as to when they decided to hire Eilish since apparently no one knew she would get the gig until a very few weeks ago (definitely after the trailer was dropped) whereas the first Sam Smith rumors surfaced a year earlier.

Let's face the truth... they got the idea from him! :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    00Agent wrote: »
    Totally neutral on Billie Eilish. Just the fact that she's not Ed Sheeran puts her in my favor.

Yes, something like that.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 5,185
    Statement from her brother's instagram:

Writing the theme song for a bond film is something we’ve been dreaming about doing our entire lives. There is no more iconic pairing of music and cinema in my opinion. We feel so so lucky to play a small role in such a legendary franchise. 007
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    00Agent wrote: »
    Totally neutral on Billie Eilish. Just the fact that she's not Ed Sheeran puts her in my favor. And I like her voice overall.

Same! I'm thrilled that we're not getting Sheeran. I must say had never head of Eilish until a few weeks ago but I like her voice and I like her enthusiasm. She also looks like a nice person. I'm looking forward to listening to her title song.

Now, the real question: will it include No Time To Die in the lyrics?
    From 007.com:

“We are excited to announce that Billie and FINNEAS have written an incredibly powerful and moving song for No Time To Die, which has been impeccably crafted to work within the emotional story of the film,” said producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli.

Based on previous interviews, they seem to put a lot of weight on the fact that this film will be quite an emotional ride, an epic love story.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Well we’re now in January and the song is, from the sounds of it, either recorded, or close to being recorded, so theres no reason really for it to not be in the Zimmer score...
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,343
    “There are a chosen few who record a Bond theme. I am a huge fan of Billie and FINNEAS. Their creative integrity and talent are second to none and I cannot wait for audiences to hear what they’ve brought – a FRESH NEW PERSPECTIVE whose vocals will echo for generations to come,” said Cary Joji Fukunaga.

Wow, that's exciting.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Well that was fast. I'm down.
    matt_u wrote: »
    "James Bond is the coolest film franchise ever to exist".

Well that's obviously true. Good girl. Her involvement is exciting for sure, especially since I genuinely don't know what to expect.

With that statement from her, I like her already. And the bros seem to know their films and tunes so, we’ll see. It’s probably going to be both haunting, powerful on that lo key style she has and electronically eclectic.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Two good news in two days awesome.
    Zimmer and Billie.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRa8rmcRBJvpAB260P-RBecSfw7zHEWtS_c9_YxxVYWcAOSUW7M

An experienced Composer with new emerging talent. What a fun combination it will be.
    Do we think Billie’s tune will merge with Zimmer’s soundtrack? Have they been working all together for some time now? I surely hope so.
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    edited January 2020 Posts: 114
    I'm looking forward to hearing Billie's title song, I have a feeling it will have the same kind of energy as YKMN.
  • Good news for the confirmation! Can't believe we are now just a couple short months away from a new Bond film. :D
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Hope she does the song justice and silence her haters. I love listening to her music on my Spotify. Good choice imo.

We haven't heard anything and many are already against the decision. Wait till the song is released before we judge.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    Happy “At Least It’s Not Ed Sheeran” Day!! Half kidding — totally fine with BE. She has that smoky cigar lounge voice. Plenty of potential.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    She do rap music I haven't ever listened to her music but know her well.
    What a tragic choice. She’s a talentless hack.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I'm shocked.

It's, duh, better than Ed Sheeran, but... wait and see... :-?
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited January 2020 Posts: 1,165
    NTTD continues to mirror AVTAK more and more. Final film with the ‘old guard’ of that Bond era, with a contemporary sound/voice to entice a new generation. This time, however, I expect a good-great film, not a good-bad one.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Just a quick return to say this is an inspired choice and expect something amazing! While appearances may make her seem like an odd choice to some, her talent is insane and I think she's gonna pull it off. Hope everyone's good, gonna return to my safehouse now haha :D
    Welcome briefly back, @Denbigh! We miss you...
  • So outside the regular actors the only British principals involved in this film are:

Purvis
    Wade

Will this movie have that Brotish Bond feel? Or will it be an American movie top to bottom? Cause for concern
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2020 Posts: 5,869
    For anyone who has doubts... Also her brother is also a genius :D

...and thanks @Minion :) I'll be back properly at some point.

• edited January 2020 Posts: 4,400
    "
    Walecs wrote: »

Thank you! It was a total hunch that I had after seeing CJF was following her…..I’m rather surprised that CJF gave the game away. Perhaps, he didn’t know I was paying attention………………………………….

But @antovolk was right about the announcement today. Bravo. I’m excited. She’s cool and I’m into her music.

Though this news makes one thing clear to me – to be the title song singer you have to be a young breakthrough artist. The same test was satisfied with the hiring of Adele and Sam Smith.

But will the song be called ‘No Time To Die’?!?! It says ‘title song’ in the press release.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Two good news in two days awesome.
    Zimmer and Billie.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRa8rmcRBJvpAB260P-RBecSfw7zHEWtS_c9_YxxVYWcAOSUW7M

An experienced Composer with new emerging talent. What a fun combination it will be.

2 bits of great news! Extremely happy on the Zimmer front, I think that’s an outstanding addition and Eilish being current and very in demand right now cannot be a bad thing. This is a very commercially popular choice in Eilish and as long as the record is good and performs well in the charts, I suppose it’ll go down well all round.

2 great additions in my opinion! CANNOT wait to hear Zimmers score
    🍸
  • So outside the regular actors the only British principals involved in this film are:

Purvis
    Wade

Will this movie have that Brotish Bond feel? Or will it be an American movie top to bottom? Cause for concern

Nah.
This discussion has been closed.