How did Silva recruit so many henchman in the Metropolitan Police

CIACIA
edited March 2013 in Skyfall Posts: 120
Two two cops in the tube that gave him the police uniform
The driver of the police vehicle to drive him to that dropped him off at the building M was giving her testimony at
The three policemen who helped Silva shoot up the place

How did he recruit so many willing to commit terrorist attacks against their own county. I sometimes wonder if Silva had a couple hired goons at MI6 that helped him escape. It's more plausible than he managing to get the jump on three armed guards while the door to his glass chamber opening.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited March 2013 Posts: 9,117
    CIA wrote:
    The driver of the police vehicle to drive him to that dropped him off at the building M was giving her testimony at

I think you might find they were Silvas guys wearing police uniforms.

And when Silva put a police uniform on it was a disguise. Or perhaps as part of his grandiose plot he had spent years training to be a policeman?

I know Silvas plan has more holes than a colander made of Swiss cheese but if you need this explaining to you perhaps you should consider the work of Michael Bay. I think you may find it a bit less of a cerebral strain.

That bit in TMWTGG when Bond goes to Hai Fats wearing a third nipple and masquerading as Scaramanga must really confuse you.
  • CIACIA

This forum has too many rules. Sheesh, go ahead and close my thread then because I posted in the wrong area.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    CIA wrote:

This forum has too many rules. Sheesh, go ahead and close my thread then because I posted in the wrong area.
    Oh, give me a break. If we had a thread for every single Bond related question this place would be a mess. Don't have a fit over it and take this argument to the thread I linked that is meant for this purpose. Though, you should pretty much have your answer by now anyway as it is pretty obvious that Silva's men were just dressed up in uniforms and not actual officers themselves. If Silva has a uniform why wouldn't his men have them too? Just common sense really.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Presumably in the same way that News International has.

Bazinga!
  • His half Brother's uncle's drinking partner knows someone who works in the Met that owed him a favour. It's obvious when you think about it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Perhaps it was all part of his masterplan. He set up some sleepers in the Met years before round about the time he also put a man inside TFL to plant the bomb on the District line.

Actually if you take all of Silvas clairvoyant planning into account it actually makes Blofelds extravagance in starting up an entire space program and hollowing out a volcano seem credible.
  • CIACIA
    Perhaps it was all part of his masterplan. He set up some sleepers in the Met years before round about the time he also put a man inside TFL to plant the bomb on the District line.

Actually if you take all of Silvas clairvoyant planning into account it actually makes Blofelds extravagance in starting up an entire space program and hollowing out a volcano seem credible.

Silva is pure brilliance or could see the future. This video does a great job at detailing the amount of planning that must have went into Silva's scheme. (My favorite, smurking in the tube station, thinking he's lost Bond only to anticipate that Bond would catch up so he could distract him by derailing a tube train.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xmoIDKqfY44"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • CIACIA
    Money
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    That video was pathetic. Looks like whoever made it needs to examine Skyfall a lot more closely. I know it's main aim is to be amusing, but it even fails at that.
    ^^ I can only assume this whole thread is supposed to be amusing (the title must be a hint...), but isn't. Oh and yes, of course derailing the train was planned specifically to distract Bond. 8-| That's not funny, either.
    Not to distract Bond. Rather to provide cover for his escape. Nothing like a good disaster to mobilize police and emergency services, and allow a clean escape.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I didn't watch it all but I thought the video was funny.

It's picking holes for the sake of comedy. If it was a proper review then it'd be a pretty bad one but I don't think it's actually meant to be taken seriously as a critique of the film.
    ^^ I didn't watch the video, so no comment on that.
    Gerard wrote:
    Not to distract Bond. Rather to provide cover for his escape. Nothing like a good disaster to mobilize police and emergency services, and allow a clean escape.

Exactly. That and more time for Silva and his men to operate elsewhere. (Just thought I'd add a comment in case of anyone misunderstanding me earlier... if my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough. ;) )

May be Silva knew Met has too many bent cops!
    I always thought they were Silva's men, not cops.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    ultrabox wrote:
    I always thought they were Silva's men, not cops.

And you are absolutely right, why shouldn't them?
    I couldn't believe the title of this thread when I read it. Really? The concept of Occam's razor is truly unknown to some people.
  • CIACIA
    edited March 2013 Posts: 120
    Quantum and Mr. White had a sleeper cell in MI6 for many years: M's personal body guard. Silva's abilities and planning makes Quantum's look ammerish at best. I think Silva did infiltrate the Met and possibly MI6.

And of course this thread is done in jest. Listen up folks. What the hell are we suppose to talk about for the years between movies.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think you mean lighten up folks.
    Maybe those disguised policemen were Quantum agents who worked in cooperation with silva as they saw him as a potential threat to Bond and Mi6
  • CIACIA
    That's what I originally typed but my iPhone decided otherwise. ;)
  • CIACIA
    I personally hated Quantum of Solace so I hope the story arc gets closed faster than Blofeld's alleged death at the beginning of OHMSS!
    CIA wrote:
    I personally hated Quantum of Solace so I hope the story arc gets closed faster than Blofeld's alleged death at the beginning of OHMSS!

Unfortunately EON want to make them the modern Spectre so I presume we will see much more of Quantum.
  • He offered them a leg opening and stroking session....
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 11,425

Very true. Silva's 'plan' is so silly it makes the old school 'world domination' plots seem distinctly sensible.

However even I have to admit the initial question at the start of this thread is daft. Silva's henchmen dressed as coppers was the least of my problems with the SF plot.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 11,119
    CIA wrote:

How did he recruit so many willing to commit terrorist attacks against their own county. I sometimes wonder if Silva had a couple hired goons at MI6 that helped him escape. It's more plausible than he managing to get the jump on three armed guards while the door to his glass chamber opening.

Here I bring in another argument. How did The Joker in 'The Dark Knight' get so many recruits to help him out? And how the hell could Bane in 'The Dark Knight Rises' be in the position to get so many henchmen behind him.

I think in that light you need to judge 'Skyfall'. Silva was that kind of villain. The focus was on him entirely, which means in order to make him more fearsome, some rather over-the-top story decision need to be applied, like that huge number of 'fake' Metropolitan policemen helping him.

Does it 'hurt' the film quality-wise? I don't think so. Because this is stuff we see after rewatching 'Skyfall' so many times. When watching 'Skyfall' for the first time, you are more worried about other 'shock elements' of the film, like Silva's escape, Silva's 'killing game' and Silva taking out his metal jaw.

Moreover, I have another question for you: How the hell did Hugo Drax get that immensely huge space station up in the high heavens without being noticed by the CIA, NASA, KGB and Russian Space Administration?
    On Sunday...

By Monday...
    That video was pathetic. Looks like whoever made it needs to examine Skyfall a lot more closely. I know it's main aim is to be amusing, but it even fails at that.

I like a man who knows when he's beaten.
    Moreover, I have another question for you: How the hell did Hugo Drax get that immensely huge space station up in the high heavens without being noticed by the CIA, NASA, KGB and Russian Space Administration?

Because the movie is like a Saturday Morning Cartoon. Stuff like that happens on Saturday Morning Cartoons all the time.
  • RC7RC7
    The focus was on him entirely, which means in order to make him more fearsome, some rather over-the-top story decision need to be applied

Really? You think it was an active decision? I don't think it was at all. I think it was laziness. I think we can all agree that the mechanics of his escape (amongst other things) were wildly at odds with the supposedly grounded nature of the movie.
This discussion has been closed.