Which Bond song do you consider the most romantic?

edited February 2013 in Music Posts: 224
I select:

"All Time High".

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    YOLT
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    The first one that comes to mind is Nobody Does it Better. It has a loving sound to it and there is flattery and adoration that comes through in the lyrics.
  • Either YOLT or We Have All the Time in the World.
  • The obvious one has to be We Have All The Time In The World.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The obvious one has to be We Have All The Time In The World.

Indeed, that is the other one that comes to my mind.
    "We Have All The Time in the World" is no doubt the more romantic piece in Bond and one of the most romantic in general.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    If you really listen to the words, The Spy Who Loved Me is pretty romantic.
    talos7 wrote:

Romantic is debatable. Sexual...yes
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Probably 'Another Way to Die' :))

Seriously, either 'We Have All The Time In The World' or Matt Monro's version of FRWL. I could imagine the latter playing in the background while I dine with a lady.
    QBranch wrote:
    Probably 'Another Way to Die' :))

Seriously, either 'We Have All The Time In The World' or Matt Monro's version of FRWL. I could imagine the latter playing in the background while I dine with a lady.

Yes, FRWL is a great mood setter.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    bondbat007 wrote:
    talos7 wrote:

Romantic is debatable. Sexual...yes

Ah true, but if you listen to it thinking love it's very romantic; If you think sex then it's very sexual; you might call it a Bond theme Rorschach test. ;)
  • Of course, All Time high. Do you people even have sex?! *storms out in a gay huff*
    We Have All the Time in the World. No doubt.

Oh, and Robbie: Sex does not equal romance.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 174
    @Gerard Oh, and Robbie: Sex does not equal romance.[/quote]

So THAT'S where I've being going wrong

:))
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Good to see All Time High getting some love here ;) (no pun intended). It's not, by far, the best Bond song but I personally always associate it with romance. At least it always seems to start playing inside my head when romance moves my way :x
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I would also vote for All Time High though there are a few good choices. It's certainly the most recent, so another one, one day would be nice.
  • from Russia with love
    So many to choose, I guess it depends what kind of romantic song you mean. We Have All the Time in the World is maybe the most romantic, but I always loved FRWL's ironic take: it is about a faithful lover coming back to his true love, while in the movie Bond is pimping himself for Queen and Country and does not love Tatiana. Thinking about it, Underneath the Mango Tree is a gem of romantic irony.
    Moonraker
  • THEBond007THEBond007 Banned
    Ellis wrote:
    I select:

"All Time High".

I will agree to that. I'm only 14 and I hate the ones that are romantic. Skyfall one of my favorite. But yes I agree with you
  • All Time High and Moonraker are very romantic, but Moonraker has the capacity to puzzle me with its lyrics. Why does the moonraker have dreams of gold? How do you become a moonraker? What is a moonraker? According to the dictionary it is either a sail, or a 'simpleton.' So we have a simpleton looking for gold. Actually, that sums up my love life very aptly.

Moonraker it is then.

Besides, aside from the gold hungry simpleton bit, it is a beautifully haunting song. Plus, when successful in love, you can then switch to Bassey's end credits disco-version \:D/
  • All Time High and Moonraker are very romantic, but Moonraker has the capacity to puzzle me with its lyrics. Why does the moonraker have dreams of gold? How do you become a moonraker? What is a moonraker? According to the dictionary it is either a sail, or a 'simpleton.' So we have a simpleton looking for gold. Actually, that sums up my love life very aptly.

Moonraker it is then.

Besides, aside from the gold hungry simpleton bit, it is a beautifully haunting song. Plus, when successful in love, you can then switch to Bassey's end credits disco-version \:D/

I quite like the arrangement of MR of David Arnold's Shaken and Stirred compilation. Unfortunately, the singer's performance wrecks it. She pushes it too much like it's a song in an animated Disney film from the 90s. Which is the case of a lot of the songs on that album, some good bits and ideas but overdone...

• mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    I always thought Nobody does it better was the most romantic song I've ever heard.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 546
    1.Nobody Does It Better
    2.All The Time in The World
    3.MR
    4.FRWL
    5.All Time High
    6.FYEO
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'm surprised nobody said FYEO, now that I think about it it's got one of the most romantic lyrics in Bond themes.
    Nobody does it Better (should have won the oscar in 1977)
    We have all the Time in the World
  • No Body does it better.
    I like that most of the Roger Moore themes are romantic ballads. It fits his character as Bond.

I think all of them are great: Nobody Does it Better, Moonraker, FYEO, and All Time High. All really beautiful songs.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with Moonraker. I think it's even a bit underappreciated as Bond theme song. John Barry's swirling strings takes you into space and wraps you up with endearing feelings. I love the theme of the lyrics too: the idea that somewhere out there in the grand universe is your one true love. My favorite part of the song musically is when Shirley Bassey belts out these high notes: "Felt your touch and it always seems, You love me, You love me". Simply gorgeous.

I think perhaps as a Bond theme it's not as memorable, because it doesn't have a big chorus the way other ones do, and also the song lyrics don't really relate to the story of the film the way other Bond themes do. But nonetheless, it's one of my favorite themes and always gives me chills.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Definitely "We have all time in the world", swiftly followed by "You only live twice".
    Yes, Bassey, Turner and Adele are more epic, but not romantic IMHO...
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    The look of love by Dusty Springfield, is by far the most romantic, second place Louis Armstrongs 'We have all the time in the world'