Which Bond song do you consider the most romantic?

2»

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Nobody does it Better (should have won the oscar in 1977)
    We have all the Time in the World

Did you notice they played it (as Jane Fonda's intro) at the Oscars this year, as if it had won?

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2013 Posts: 4,443
    1.We have all the time in The World
    2. From Russia With Love
    3. Nobody Does It Better
    4. You Only Live Twice
    5. All Time High
    6. For Your Eyes Only
    7. The World Is Not Enough
    8. Skyfall
    9. Goldeneye
    10. Moonraker
    11. Diamonds Are Forever
    12. Licence To Kill
    13. If You Ask Me Too
    14. Thunderball
    15. The Living Daylights
    16. Surrender
    17. A view to a kill
    18. If there whas a man
  • All Time High definitely. We Have All The Time In The World is very romantic but I think it's more tragic than romantic when put into the context of the film it's from.
  • 'We Have All The Time In The World' is by far the most romantic of the Bond song...
    Definitely "We Have All the Time in the World".

Also, I always thought that "The World is Not Enough" was rather romantic in a creepy way.
    How can The World Is Not Enough Garbage theme song be romantic ? Obviously missing something there

We have all the time in the World has to be up there as mentioned, even For Your Eyes Only by Sheena Easton, although I'm no fan of the song, Sinatra's You Only Live Twice could be included, as with Monro's From Russia With Love, but apart from All Time High as an extra, struggling now to come up with any further tracks. There's been a bit of everything in the 50 years of Bond and all 23 releases now
    We have all the time in the world and You only live twice.
  • Easily, for me, ''we have all the time in the world" by John Barry.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    We Have All The Time In The World
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 2,189
    jackdagger wrote:

Also, I always thought that "The World is Not Enough" was rather romantic in a creepy way.

I'd say it's more sensual than romantic. That's an important difference to make ;)
  • jackdagger wrote:

I'd say it's more sensual than romantic. That's an important difference to make ;)

I'm a huge fan of Garbage and my first thought was "Of course - why didn't I think of TWINE?".

Romantic is in the eye of the beholder. TWINE has a dark sensuality to it (like many of Garbage's slower songs) but that's something that many people *would* find romantic. An old girlfriend of mine found this song incredibly romantic - as she said, romance is all about just two people who hold together no matter what; it's just them against the whole world and nothing can break them apart. And the fact that everyone is against them just pushes them closer together, which is even more...romantic!

(It must sound like she'd be really rooting for Elektra and Renard to have a happy ending!)

I find Arnold's orchestration to be a bit too much (he turns the Bond-y-ness up to 11; IMHO he should have trusted the song more) but TWINE is easily my favourite title song from the Brosnan years.

Moonraker followed by Nobody Does It Better, You Only Live Twice, For Your Eyes Only and All Time High.