The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    After 25 it time for a change, I loved Craig's first two films though the last two get progressively worse for me, SP I enjoyed initially though now it's a struggle to get through. Bond 25 I am Luke warm on the film will need to win me over, I hope it's fresh, action packed and fun.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    A couple of pics of DC from the BAFTA's. He looks a bit better in these.

IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4384.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    He looks ok there I suppose, but maybe it's the B+W doing him favours, I dunno. It's how he will look in another 10 months that worries me, and I notice some members are starting to worry that there could be a delay. I'm not knowledgeable enough about film production and how long things take to comment, but I really think it's best if they try and stick to the current schedule. It's hard to see how Bond 25 won't feature the same Broken Bond that we saw in Skyfall. They can't breeze past his age and have him chatting up women under 30 because then we really will be in Roger Moore territory.
    He still doesn't look right in that top photo showing his front profile.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    A couple of pics of DC from the BAFTA's. He looks a bit better in these.]
    Yes, he does look a bit better. Let's not kid ourselves though. He doesn't look great. This isn't just about weight (although there's that too, and it's understandable). It's about visible aging in and around the eye area.

Regarding the infamous 'arched' eyebrows, that's not a big deal. @barryt007, he has that same look in your avatar. Also, he had that same look in CR when he's telling off Villiers at the airport in Miami. So, he can bring those brows down if he wants to.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Yes, he does look a bit better. Let's not kid ourselves though. He doesn't look great. This isn't just about weight (although there's that too, and it's understandable). It's about visible aging in and around the eye area.

Regarding the infamous 'arched' eyebrows, that's not a big deal. @barryt007, he has that same look in your avatar. Also, he had that same look in CR when he's telling off Villiers at the airport in Miami. So, he can bring those brows down if he wants to.

Both good points.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2018 Posts: 4,554

When I saw him in New York in 2013, I thought he looked even more aged. Soon after he did this PSA, and he looks visibly aged (and tired):

On a separate note: great seeing Sam Rockwell reuniting with DC. The two starred in Cowboys and Aliens (which I still think is a bit of an underrated film).
    TripAces wrote: »

When I saw him in New York in 2013, I thought he looked even more aged. Soon after he did this PSA, and he looks visibly aged (and tired):

That's true. I saw him live then as well, and he certainly did look 'tired'.

However, I think it's gotten worse since then.

His eyes are a fundamental component of what makes him effective as an actor in my view. He can do a lot with them very subtly. Unfortunately, as he's aged, he now looks a bit 'angry' or 'violent' when he's acting dramatically imho. One can see it even in clips from Othello and it was there in SP too (when he's looking at Madeline checking out the video of daddy's death for instance). I think they know it, and tried to cover it up with CGI augmentation in the Bond film. It wasn't effective.

zMpUfPG.jpg
    deleted

That is rash, I expect him to do a 5th. :)
    I seriously doubt he's had Botox, a face lift, a Roger Moore mole removed, hair implants, etc etc. To me it looks as though he had been on a plane 14 hours with no sleep, and went straight to the BAFTA awards from the airport.

That said, in this day and age we're living in a world where being gullible is immensely popular. If it appears as a headline in the Facebook trending section, then most people will believe it. How many of us here at MI6 has had to convince co-workers, friends, or enemies that Elba has not been cast as 007 or that the code-name theory was not canon?

I think we, here on the MI6 forums could start a rumor that Barbara Broccoli was so impressed with Craig's performance in LOGAN LUCKY that she specifically asked him to put on a few pounds and brush up on his American accent for the next 007 adventure. He will be portraying both Bond and Sheriff J.W. Pepper in a shot for shot remake of TMWTGG. He will be shooting his Sheriff Pepper shots inside a vintage 1974 AMC Hornet at Pinewood this spring, then hit the gym to get into lean and mean Bond shape for principal photography that begins in November.

I think social media has made so many people gullible even an obnoxious rumor like that would spark discussion.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Agreed, my first thought was also that he was jetlagged and tired. I had a jumpscare more than once when I looked in the mirror after a 10 hour overnight flight.
    People take these things way out of Proportion on social media. Just wait until Shooting starts and everything will be fine again.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Within the next month new photos will appear with Dan looking Tanned and groomed. Watch...
    talos7 wrote: »
    Within the next month new photos will appear with Dan looking Tanned and groomed. Watch...
    I'm sure he will clean up and tighten up as filming approaches. I remain to be convinced however that they can hide the eye issue properly for the entirety of the next film.
    There are some things with natural ageing that cant be covered up naturally or with make-up.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I seriously doubt he's had Botox, a face lift, a Roger Moore mole removed, hair implants, etc etc. To me it looks as though he had been on a plane 14 hours with no sleep, and went straight to the BAFTA awards from the airport.

That said, in this day and age we're living in a world where being gullible is immensely popular. If it appears as a headline in the Facebook trending section, then most people will believe it. How many of us here at MI6 has had to convince co-workers, friends, or enemies that Elba has not been cast as 007 or that the code-name theory was not canon?

I think we, here on the MI6 forums could start a rumor that Barbara Broccoli was so impressed with Craig's performance in LOGAN LUCKY that she specifically asked him to put on a few pounds and brush up on his American accent for the next 007 adventure. He will be portraying both Bond and Sheriff J.W. Pepper in a shot for shot remake of TMWTGG. He will be shooting his Sheriff Pepper shots inside a vintage 1974 AMC Hornet at Pinewood this spring, then hit the gym to get into lean and mean Bond shape for principal photography that begins in November.

I think social media has made so many people gullible even an obnoxious rumor like that would spark discussion.

DC and RW have been in London for sometime. So it's not jetlag.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just film him from the back the entire film.

Doesn't make his ears very presentable if you do that.

• edited February 2018 Posts: 1,469
    Too funny!

Don't know how many of you saw this. Weight gain from too much Jewish food? Supposedly salt beef, sauerkraut and latkes. Or this could be an excuse for other suppositions on our forum.
    Read more: https://forward.com/schmooze/395088/daniel-craig-blames-jewish-food-for-weight-gain/
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    The internet is often some really ugly place. I would not want to be a celebrity
    I still looks better than Moore in his last 3 films and Connery in Diamonds and NSNA.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Too funny!

Don't know how many of you saw this. Weight gain from too much Jewish food? Supposedly salt beef, sauerkraut and latkes. Or this could be an excuse for other suppositions on our forum.
    Read more: https://forward.com/schmooze/395088/daniel-craig-blames-jewish-food-for-weight-gain/

A paid advertisement for a restaurant that is disguised as a news report. How ingenious! ;-)
    Latkes can definitely cause problems if consumed in excess. If true I'd recommend laying off for a bit. Sauerkraut shouldn't be an issue though.
    It's not like I'm just watching Craig Bond films all the time (though I do seem to watch them more than the other Bond films), but I've noticed lately when I'm walking sometimes, I've developed that little shimmy or "bobble head" move he sometimes has when he walks. Just picked it up subconsciously--does anyone else do that? Wondering if there's an operation for that--trying to get rid of it.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    50 today!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Happy Birthday to one of the best Bonds!
    craig.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Happy birthday, Daniel Craig!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The closest I could get to the man at the SPECTRE Royal Premiere. :D

4nuualm.jpg
    Thrasos wrote: »
    It's not like I'm just watching Craig Bond films all the time (though I do seem to watch them more than the other Bond films), but I've noticed lately when I'm walking sometimes, I've developed that little shimmy or "bobble head" move he sometimes has when he walks. Just picked it up subconsciously--does anyone else do that? Wondering if there's an operation for that--trying to get rid of it.

Same from playing Bloodstone!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Happy bday Danny boy.

dSzAdDf.png
    The closest I could get to the man at the SPECTRE Royal Premiere. :D

4nuualm.jpg

Lol! Brilliant! You have the look of OMG!!!! So close yet so far!