Favourite Guy Who Played FELIX

124»

Comments

• Jeffrey Wright
    I have to say Wright, Hedison and Lord
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Wanna go fishing next week?" I don't know if he was directed to play it that way or what, but it's just brutal.

It was Hedison's first scene to shoot, and he was not given context. Makes me wonder if it was second unit...
  • chrisisall wrote:
    Wanna go fishing next week?" I don't know if he was directed to play it that way or what, but it's just brutal.

It was Hedison's first scene to shoot, and he was not given context. Makes me wonder if it was second unit...

That's interesting; I didn't know that. I always just figured it was a conscious decision to put a happy face on the end of the movie. As gutsy and dark as most of that film was, they still insisted on sending people out of the theater on an upbeat note (complete with winking fish!).
    . As gutsy and dark as most of that film was, they still insisted on sending people out of the theater on an upbeat note (complete with winking fish!).
    Well, they COULD have edited & dubbed it to not seem so out of context, but I'm betting that Glen wanted to achieve the effect you're talking about (or TRY to). b-(
  • Jack Lord and Rick Van Nutter.
  • Hedison's final scene in LTK is brutal. Seriously acts like he was just in a ski accident or something.

I like Wright overall.
    Hocky201 wrote:
    Hedison's final scene in LTK is brutal.
    I do the HUMMMMMMMMMM until it's over.

:))
  • Jeffrey Wright. I think he was much less anonymous than the others who played Felix. I felt he had more of a character.
  • Jack Lord & Jeffery Wright are my favorite actors to play Felix Leiter.
  • For some reason I really enjoyed Terry's performance. Not that it was great, but he really looked the part. My favorite, though, is Wright, followed by Lord, who is the closest to Fleming's description.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Wright, hands down. I love how he plays Felix because CR and QoS allowed development for him as a person and in his relationship with Bond. QoS shows us a new side of Felix, where we assume he may not be as good as we thought if he is "in bed" with Greene and his boys while he is working with Beam. But at the end of it all, Felix shows his loyalty to Bond in spades, realizes Greene's evil, and leads Bond to his doorstep. With Beam gone, Felix gets a promotion, and as M states, "the right people kept their jobs". Hopefully he returns in the future to work beside Craig's Bond, because I love his version of Felix and how he plays off Bond.
  • 1. Rick Van Nutter
    2. Jack Lord
    3. Wright
    4. Hedison

I don't really care for the others to be honest..
  • I really like Jeffrey Wright's take on the role, and I'm glad they seem to be letting him gain tenure, rather than swapping him out for a different actor each outing like the old days (I think there's no longer any fear the actor playing Felix will somehow overshadow Bond if he sticks around.)

David Hedison is a close second. It was smart thinking to bring him back in License to Kill, since the plot depended so much on there being a prior relationship between Bond and Felix. A new actor wouldn't have had the same impact, and John Terry wouldn't have had the chops to pull off the emotional side. (One of my quibbles with GoldenEye is so much is based on Bond and 006 having an existing friendship, but we'd never met Trevelyan until that movie.)

To be honest, Hedison's who I picture when I read the novels.
  • Jeffrey Wright by far. Although I kind of wish he were a little more fit; I can't really see him running around and doing some serious spy work with Bond.
  • Yeah, Wright was best, if only because he played Felix in two consecutive films, but also because I think he adds an interesting twist to the character. I really hope he comes back to do Bond 24, and that he has a larger role in the film.
    1. Jeffrey Wright
    2. David Hedison
    3. Jack Lord
    4. Rik Van Nutter
    5. John Terry
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, thinking it through again and my favorite really is Wright.
    2nd is probably Hedison
    3rd John Terry
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Jack Lord is the best but I enjoyed Hedison, Casey and Wright as well. I'd rather not talk about the others.