What makes Bond different than any other good Action/Spy character?

2»

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Ludovico wrote:
    If I could sum it up in one line I would say it is that Bond is not a puritan. That's what puts him above pretty much all action heroes.

Like Snake Plissken? ;)
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 2,081
    Trigger wrote:
    Just fantastic Tuulia, thanks for all that info!

My pleasure, Trigger. I was happy to have finally stumbled on that particular interview. I love how Sam tells the whole thing, and I love his analysis. He's eloquent and intelligent, and fun, too, and he knows his Bond, and he knows his actors... I could listen to him all day... or settle for just reading his thoughts, as the case mostly is, and was in this case.

chrisisall wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    If I could sum it up in one line I would say it is that Bond is not a puritan. That's what puts him above pretty much all action heroes.

Like Snake Plissken? ;)

Haven't seen enough of Escape from NY. The thing, many of the action heroes are family men, at least in cinema (in literature it is another story) or single, sexually inactive heterosexual men. Or they end up with a girl they will stick with (say Robin Hood) Bond is single, yet sexually active and has little sense of sexual exclusivity. He also drinks, eats good food, he is a pleasure seeker, a gluttonous.