The ultimate Bond pick up line - which would you use?

Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
edited January 2013 in Trivia & Games Posts: 2,721
You walk into a bar, your eyes lock with a desirable and you boldly walk up and use one line from a Bond film - which is it?

For fun, this can be any line from 'Vodka Martini Shaken Not Stirred' to 'Allow me to introduce myself - my name is Ernst Stavro Blofeld...they told me you were dead...' or whatever the hell that geological babble Stacey Sutton was rambling in AVTAK.

I'm going with 'Names is for tombstones baby' or 'I'm The Money'

Comments

• edited January 2013 Posts: 11,189
    "Would you...be interested in a night cap"

Roger Moore, Octopussy
  • Fancy a shag? My other car is an Aston Martin. I have a huge apendege.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, Dan's Bond comes first to my mind.

Either his line to Solange in CR (Come have a drink at my home) or I will ask the lady to help me locate the stationery. :>
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    That's quite a nice little nothing your almost wearing !
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Could you help me find my stationary?
    49 no's and one yes means yes!!!
    I didn't recognise you with your clothes on!
    How do you spend 5 hours in ______ if you don't slumber? :>
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The first thing that popped up into my mind, which would be rather creepy upon second thought:

"Beg your pardon...forgot to knock."
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'd sing the first bar of Underneath A Mango Tree. ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:

Just hide so the girl can't see you first ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I could tell her I would get her ice cream, but with how the actual line goes I would tell her to get dressed first, meaning I already succeeded in my mission. :))
    DarthDimi wrote:

You could always stare at her in a store, and when she asks 'Are you looking for something' respond, 'No, I'm just looking.; Probably a bit creepy, but hey.

You could also call her an inspiration, which is probably my one gripe with OHMSS. Such a bad pick up line, and he uses it TWICE with success!
  • I can't think of one from a Bond film that I could see actually working.
    You could be really awkward, go up to a random girl and tell her:

"Whatever I am...Whatever is left of me, I'm yours."

If anyone does that I promise to help bail you out of jail when she calls 911 on you. =))
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    No word of lie I tried this once;
    "by the way the name is James St John Smythe, im english"

It didnt get me far, in fact I think one of her friends said "get her away from him"
    :-D
    You could try this slightly altered version of a line but again it may get you arrested:

"I will be keeping an eye on your smile, and off your perfectly formed arse!"

Once you get chatting (not that you would with the above line!), you could try taking a sip of your martini and say "I think I'll call that a (insert girls name)", and when she asks why, "Because once you've tasted it, it's all you want to drink". If she gives you a strange look you can carry on the quotes with "I thought that was quite a good line!"
  • I can't think of one from a Bond film that I could see actually working.

Absolutely.

I remember back in the 90s there was an 18 year old guy that I worked with who loved The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and thought that Will Smith was the coolest guy alive. More than anything he loved his way with the ladies. Whenever he saw a pretty girl he would try a different pick-up line that he had seen from the show and was flabbergasted that they didn't work. As I said to him, "The difference is that you're not Will Smith." I should have also added that this was not a TV show but the real world.

I had to laugh about it because when I was, say, 13 or 14 I thought that if I talked to girls like Bond that they would fall for me. Imagine my dismay when not only did they not fall instantly into my arms but they decided that I was a weird, creepy loser!

The only time, as an adult, that I've ever used a "line" from a Bond film on a girl is when I'd been dating her for quite some time and she knew me well. And it was not a bad, single-entendre line from the Moore or Brosnan era, but a slightly more clever one: after complimenting me on my sharp eyes I said "Wait until you get to my teeth". But I would NEVER use something like that on a girl I just met!

(As an aside, many female friends over the years have told me that there is one sure-fire line that a guy can use - it's "Hi. I'm <name>, how are you?" And then just start talking to them like they're a real person that you're interested in and would like to get to know)

• echoecho 007 in New York
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

How do you spend 5 hours in Rio if you don't samba?

I've had lunch, but I seem to have missed dessert.
    echo wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

How do you spend 5 hours in Rio if you don't samba?

I'm confused, is that a joke/pick-up line?
  • I actually used one about five years ago. I had been dating this girl and I thought the two of us were heading into something serious. But then she completely disappeared..didn't answer her phone etc. Two years later I ran into her at a mutual friend's wedding and I simply had to say "I always wondered how I'd feel if I ever saw you again." By the end of the night we were kissing on the dance floor...unfortunately her husband saw us.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I actually used one about five years ago. I had been dating this girl and I thought the two of us were heading into something serious. But then she completely disappeared..didn't answer her phone etc. Two years later I ran into her at a mutual friend's wedding and I simply had to say "I always wondered how I'd feel if I ever saw you again." By the end of the night we were kissing on the dance floor...unfortunately her husband saw us.

Ha! You should have used the NSNA line on the dance floor - "I’m going to kiss you. I want you to respond as if you liked it. I’m doing this for two very good reasons. One, because I’m hoping to provoke a reaction..."
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 11,189
    "what about a drink at my place?"

"welcome to my home" (*i.e. The bar, pub etc)

"do you mind if I join you" (I might actually use this one as it's not too cheesy)

"you know I think I'll call that an (insert girls name)...because once you've tasted it it's all you want to drink"

@rocketgun. When her husband appeared you should have said to the girl...I've got to go, something big's come up.

Seriously I don't know whether to laugh, tut or sympathise with you regarding that story.
    I actually used one about five years ago. I had been dating this girl and I thought the two of us were heading into something serious. But then she completely disappeared..didn't answer her phone etc. Two years later I ran into her at a mutual friend's wedding and I simply had to say "I always wondered how I'd feel if I ever saw you again." By the end of the night we were kissing on the dance floor...unfortunately her husband saw us.

I hope you said: "I'm afraid you've caught me with more than my hands up"
  • BAIN123 wrote:
    @rocketgun. When her husband appeared you should have said to the girl...I've got to go, something big's come up.

Or you could have just gone with 'You're not married by any chance, are you?'

• edited January 2013 Posts: 299
    Definitely that one! As you walk up to the bar, get served your maritini, you raise it in a toasting gesture, look at her, and then say...

"I believe you've caught me with more than my hand up."

Change "hands" to "hand" to obviously fit the gesture. And perhaps raise a Moore-like eyebrow for good measure.
    Definitely that one! As you walk up to the bar, get served your maritini, you raise it in a toasting gesture, look at her, and then say...

"I believe you've caught me with more than my hand up."

Change "hands" to "hand" to obviously fit the gesture. And perhaps raise a Moore-like eyebrow for good measure.

Or just raise your eyebrow, and say "I'm afraid you've caught me with more than my eyebrow up."
    If the collars and cuffs match? =))
  • My marital status dictates I can't essentially use any pick up lines, and I'm not one for playing away, but surely the Connery line "Now what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this", which is from YOLT I think, would be a decent enough start

"I hope you don't snore" could be another, or scrub that, maybe wouldn't get very far with that..

Probably best would be Mathis from Royale (if not Bond), when "I suppose you don't need me to tell you how wonderful you look tonight, all the men / eyes are looking at you"

Haven't seen the film in question for a while now, but I think that was it. That would be a very good line to use, if required
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Can you help me find the stationary?
    mqdefault.jpg