Daniel Craig wants Adele to sing the theme to the next Bond blockbuster

1235»

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Not the worst choice, if true. A former colleague of mine will be very pleased. He had a major crush on her, close to worship. Haha.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Wouldn't surprise me if it happened to be true, but as much as I loved Skyfall (my fourth favourite Bond theme after YKMN, OHMSS and WHATTITW) I wish someone fresh did it.
    Even Shirley Bassey didn't do two themes in a row. I don't want Adele again. I want someone new. Plus I'm not sure another SF type song would really fit SPECTRE.
    Samuel001 wrote: »

That's the Daily Star, so it doesn't really mean anything. There have been rumors about the Arctic Monkeys doing it. I'd be pretty pleased with that

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10386/spectre-title-song/p16
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2015 Posts: 23,530
    Even Shirley Bassey didn't do two themes in a row. I don't want Adele again. I want someone new. Plus I'm not sure another SF type song would really fit SPECTRE.

@thelivingroyale, true, but after TWINE came DAD: one film had its theme song performed by Garbage, the other one had a theme song that was utter garbage. ;-)

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I too would prefer someone new, although I think Adele will do a fine job. Having her back smacks of a MR/TSWLM type attempt to outdo the past (with the return of Jaws and essential plot) and does not seem to show much creativity. Surely there are other artists out there who could do something interesting.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

@thelivingroyale, true, but after TWINE came DAD: one film had its theme song performed by Garbage, the other one had a theme song that was utter garbage. ;-)

Har har! But also so true!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'm fine with it. SF is my second favorite bond song after YKMN
    Skyfall is okay, but not great. Lyrics certainly not interesting. Although I wouldn't recommend him as the singer for SPECTRE. George Michael writes great lyrics.