SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    edited July 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Having lunch opposite Denbigh himself, Mr. Andrew Scott.

PGJqQd7.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @RC7 did you approach him at all?
    RC7 wrote: »
    Having lunch opposite Denbigh himself, Mr. Andrew Scott.

PGJqQd7.jpg

I can see that he is operating "in the shadows", while other guests enjoy the sun. :-)
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »

No, he was having a work meeting. In other circumstances I might have gone over and said hello.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Very considerate of you. Still, at least you got to see him up close which you weren't expecting when you woke up this morning.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I expect something big at 17gmt. Don't know why, but it is
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I expect something big at 17gmt. Don't know why, but it is

I wonder what that means?
    Nothing, just that I think something will come on 007 FB at 17

No, he was having a work meeting. In other circumstances I might have gone over and said hello.

Knowing myself, I would have been a tiny bit more "direct" :-P.
  • RC7RC7

As I work in the industry I sometimes have to suppress the inner Bond (film) fan, you never really know what the repercussions might be. An ex-colleague of mine approached Idris Elba at the BFI once while he was in conversation with, he assumed, 'just a mate'. It was in fact Danny Cohen, director of BBC Television. Interrupting one of the most powerful men in British Broadcasting to tell Idris you're a budding director and you love him isn't the smartest idea. Needless to say his card is marked.

I've approached people at studios (Pinewood etc)before, because they understand you're there in a professional capacity. In public it's a bit difficult, particularly if they're not just out and about.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 117
    This "something big" might it be trailerish or vlogish?
    Scamp wrote: »
    This "something big" might it be trailerish or vlogish?
    Maybe, I repeat, I don't know anything, it's just a guess.
    Based on the fact that they finished shooting
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119

As I work in the industry I sometimes have to suppress the inner Bond (film) fan, you never really know what the repercussions might be. An ex-colleague of mine approached Idris Elba at the BFI once while he was in conversation with, he assumed, 'just a mate'. It was in fact Danny Cohen, director of BBC Television. Interrupting one of the most powerful men in British Broadcasting to tell Idris you're a budding director and you love him isn't the smartest idea. Needless to say his card is marked.

I've approached people at studios (Pinewood etc)before, because they understand you're there in a professional capacity. In public it's a bit difficult, particularly if they're not just out and about.

A good friend of mine lives 6 months a year here in Barcelona. Back in The Netherlands he is a celebrity himself (television presenter). We both agree that if you have a job in which you're always under big media scrutiny, you better be humble. Off course as a television presenter, you're by no means representing the people. BUT, there's a representative value attached to being a celebrity.

Now in the situation you described, with Andrew Scott, it's therefore all about body language. You can be direct in a friendly, nonchalant way, so that that celebrity feels immediately at ease with you. That's my experience. Always think on same levels with celebrities. They are not aliens, they are humans.

I also think it's a cultural thing @RC7. Dutch people are, I think, slightly more direct than English people. But direct doesn't necessarily mean rude or intrusive. I also believe it's not a very friendly thing to do if you only make a picture, by not first walking to Mr Scott if it's OK to make a picture.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Nothing official, just something I did to illustrate the article about the "Wrap" in JBBR. :)

uwzbQH2.jpg

Nothing official, just something I did to illustrate the article about the "Wrap" in JBBR. :)

uwzbQH2.jpg

Apparently, they use two different types of clapperboards no? The ones with red LED-displays on them (I have NO clue what they are for :S) and the ones without LED-displays. Do you know where that is for?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Apparently, they use two different types of clapperboards no? The ones with red LED-displays on them (I have NO clue what they are for :S) and the ones without LED-displays. Do you know where that is for?

The LED display indicates the hour, or not?

@Mark0Connell
    As SPECTRE ends its wrap party it's clear one cast member took advantage of the free bar. #SPECTRE #PinewoodStudios

CJO0qL7WcAIfwaS.jpg
    90 minutes to go and counting!
    90 minutes to go and counting!

More like 30 minutes to go...that's if there's something today which I want but doubt.

If anything we should be getting a new Bond girls videoblog next week so....
  • RC7RC7

A good friend of mine lives 6 months a year here in Barcelona. Back in The Netherlands he is a celebrity himself (television presenter). We both agree that if you have a job in which you're always under big media scrutiny, you better be humble. Off course as a television presenter, you're by no means representing the people. BUT, there's a representative value attached to being a celebrity.

Now in the situation you described, with Andrew Scott, it's therefore all about body language. You can be direct in a friendly, nonchalant way, so that that celebrity feels immediately at ease with you. That's my experience. Always think on same levels with celebrities. They are not aliens, they are humans.

I also think it's a cultural thing @RC7. Dutch people are, I think, slightly more direct than English people. But direct doesn't necessarily mean rude or intrusive. I also believe it's not a very friendly thing to do if you only make a picture, by not first walking to Mr Scott if it's OK to make a picture.

Dude, I spotted a guy who's in my favourite franchise and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't talk to him because he was having what was effectively a business meeting. I don't need a lecture on the differences between British and Dutch culture. It was purely a nice little unexpected moment in my day.
  • tqbtqb
    I think somebody might be getting in trouble for putting that on twitter.
    40 mins to go GMT not BST!
    antovolk wrote: »

so, coming back to the ever lasting issue of the film's UK release date, should we assume that a "pre-preview" in late October means a Nov. 6 release? otherwise, a "pre-preview" for a film that comes out Oct. 23, would require mr. Wright to keep early or mid October free in order to attend. wouldn't you say?

• edited July 2015 Posts: 5,767
    antovolk wrote: »
    @Mark0Connell
    As SPECTRE ends its wrap party it's clear one cast member took advantage of the free bar. #SPECTRE #PinewoodStudios

CJO0qL7WcAIfwaS.jpg
    That´s a great foto =)) ! I wonder how they managed to get the fag in. Or is that foto-shopped?
  • Scamp wrote: »

Till what?
    Till nothing.

Till what?

I have no idea but it is exciting isn't it ;)

Apparently something may or may not happen at 17:00 GMT as per a previous post.
    and it's 5:00 and nothing ;)