SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited June 2015 Posts: 850
    Ah thanks to all of you, effectively is not a church.

And when thay say "bank" they doesn't talk about the Drummonds but just Bank : http://imgur.com/NHQNEx8
  • Does anybody know for sure if they will be filming with helicopters this weekend or is it next or both? Only there seems to be two contrasting letters posted with one saying this Sunday 7th and the other suggesting it's next Sunday 14th, only I was hoping to catch some filming on the Thames
    And when thay say "bank" they doesn't talk about the Drummonds but just Bank : http://imgur.com/NHQNEx8

Drummond's is a bank by Trafalgar Square. Whereas Bank is an area in London. Two different filming locations.
    Does anybody know for sure if they will be filming with helicopters this weekend or is it next or both? Only there seems to be two contrasting letters posted with one saying this Sunday 7th and the other suggesting it's next Sunday 14th, only I was hoping to catch some filming on the Thames

I've been told Gresham Street area yesterday and tonight.

And definitely the helicopter and boat sequence this weekend. It's fairly new in the diary because a lot is apparently being re-shot because they weren't happy enough with the previous footage. The 14th was always scheduled so I think it's still very much on too.
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,512
    slyfox wrote: »
    It's fairly new in the diary because a lot is apparently being re-shot because they weren't happy enough with the previous footage.

I've heard quite a few mentions of re-shoots. We should consider that this may primarily be because of script changes, rather than for creative reasons. Re-shoots are not uncommon, but they're usually because of changes to the script, rarely because the footage isn't working in the edit. Given the fact we have Mendes/Van Hoytema on board, I'd consider it odd if they failed to get the material they wanted in the can first time around.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Next week interiors of the Mexico scenes will be shot at Pinewood
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 940
    RC7 wrote: »
    It's fairly new in the diary because a lot is apparently being re-shot because they weren't happy enough with the previous footage.

I've heard quite a few mentions of re-shoots. We should consider that this may primarily be because of script changes, rather than for creative reasons. Re-shoots are not uncommon, but they're usually because of changes to the script, rarely because the footage isn't working in the edit. Given the fact we have Mendes/Van Hoytema on board, I'd consider it odd if they failed to get the material they wanted in the can first time around.

I agree but for this particular sequence, I was told it was to do with mechanical issues with the boat against the helicopter and they want to go again. They're fairly time restricted (can't ever film the helicopter parts after midnight etc) so they've squeezed more for this weekend. Good for us!
  • RC7RC7

I agree but for this particular sequence, I was told it was to do with mechanical issues with the boat against the helicopter and they want to go again. They're fairly time restricted (can't ever film the helicopter parts after midnight etc) so they've squeezed more for this weekend. Good for us!

Yeah, that makes sense. Must be a logistical nightmare. Sod being the PM on Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    It certainly seems like London is going to be a major star in SP, as it was in SF. I'm all for that. EON did not use London enough for many years, and I'm glad that they are correcting this error these days - rather than letting another franchise do it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I don't want London playing a big focus in Bond movies. Now, I'm happy to see it in small doses but I'd rather time being spent in beautiful locations abroad; especially as London was featured quite extensively in the SF. If London has to be used it needs to be used in a very interesting and dynamic way.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,168
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I don't want London playing a big focus in Bond movies. Now, I'm happy to see it in small doses but I'd rather time being spent in beautiful locations abroad
    Old Mexico city, Rome, the alps and various parts of Morocco isn't enough for you? ;-)
    It seems we're getting the best of both worlds - exotic locations all across the world, in numerous continents, along with some great stuff in London proper. I'm so excited I think my head might explode before the movie is released.
    And even regarding London... It has not been featured heavily in many Bond movies.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Zekidk wrote: »
    I don't want London playing a big focus in Bond movies. Now, I'm happy to see it in small doses but I'd rather time being spent in beautiful locations abroad
    Old Mexico city, Rome, the alps and various parts of Morocco isn't enough for you? ;-)

They're more than fine but my concern is the length of time spent in these locations. I find it to be a waste if not enough time is spent in these amazing locations. You can't get a real feel for the atmosphere of these places if they're not utilised properly; which is why multiple locations in Bond films can be risky. 2 or 3 locations is ideal. That said, I don't want much time in London. The less time there the better but I guess it depends on how its used.

I've always loved how they featured London and the UK in Bond movies. And Mendes has an eye for London so I don't mind at all.
    If we're going to get a lot of London in a Bond movie, it might as well be with Mendes directing. That guy can somehow make the city look even more beautiful than it actually is (which is saying something).
    London is where Bond lives and works when not on missions. If they are attempting a "moe Bond focussed" film then London has to feature at some point! There was a lot of London in Skyfall and Sam Mendes and his crew filmed it beautifully.
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,512
    Scamp wrote: »
    London is where Bond lives and works when not on missions. If they are attempting a "moe Bond focussed" film then London has to feature at some point! There was a lot of London in Skyfall and Sam Mendes and his crew filmed it beautifully.

I just hope we get to see 'real' London this time. As cool as it was to have London feature as a key location in SF, I was hoping we'd get to see the many sides of the city. Hopefully SP won't just be a tick box of tourist traps, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Guildhall etc. Anyone can make these locations look good. I always thought after SF that it would be cool to have Q's lab under a cafe, or similar independent little gaff somewhere on one of the grubbier high streets. Brixton, or my very own Tooting!
    From today :
    11268059_838825522839074_1303456701_n.jpg

11377498_1690020977885737_327492380_n.jpg

11380307_897961280296495_1228626460_n.jpg

11386468_552685144870357_823073052_n.jpg

I just hope we get to see 'real' London this time. As cool as it was to have London feature as a key location in SF, I was hoping we'd get to see the many sides of the city. Hopefully SP won't just be a tick box of tourist traps, Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Guildhall etc. Anyone can make these locations look good. I always thought after SF that it would be cool to have Q's lab under a cafe, or similar independent little gaff somewhere on one of the grubbier high streets. Brixton, or my very own Tooting!

But let's just avoid chavy places shall we.

That said, I agree with @Scamp that London should be featured as part of Bond's universe. He is not every day on a mission and his life also involves office work, going home, chilling out, etc. In Fleming's novels we had this explored. In the movies, not as much, and too often England was basically a background featured quickly, sometimes in a single shot of a few seconds, before M gave a mission to 007.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »

That said, I agree with @Scamp that London should be featured as part of Bond's universe. He is not every day on a mission and his life also involves office work, going home, chilling out, etc. In Fleming's novels we had this explored. In the movies, not as much, and too often England was basically a background featured quickly, sometimes in a single shot of a few seconds, before M gave a mission to 007.

I'm not suggesting we should see a mother of seven wearing pyjamas and swearing at her kids while smoking fag, but, for example, having Bond weave through market-goers on Electric Avenue to meet a contact in a cafe could be made to look great and would add another angle to the Bond London aesthetic. I love the London moments in Fleming, hence why I'm suggesting seeing other areas of the city. I just think it can get tiresome seeing the same of monuments, not that they shouldn't feature, but it would be good to offset them with a little grit here and there.

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @moneyofpropre2 thanks for the pictures
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited June 2015 Posts: 3,277
    As usual, the french magazine Studio Ciné Live will have a special report (probably with new pics) from SPECTRE, in it's new edition, coming out June 10th.

CGu5AZuWgAAeBUc.jpg
    Thanks for posting all these new pictures of the production! They are fantastic to see!!! :-bd
    That's 41 lothbury the 3 cars are heading towards

I'm not suggesting we should see a mother of seven wearing pyjamas and swearing at her kids while smoking fag, but, for example, having Bond weave through market-goers on Electric Avenue to meet a contact in a cafe could be made to look great and would add another angle to the Bond London aesthetic. I love the London moments in Fleming, hence why I'm suggesting seeing other areas of the city. I just think it can get tiresome seeing the same of monuments, not that they shouldn't feature, but it would be good to offset them with a little grit here and there.

Completely off topic (but I cannot keep it in), I once pushed the push chair of the grandson of a 32 years old granny (maybe the youngest granny in the UK?), while she was having a fag, because she thought she'd be too chavy to smoke while pushing it. She is a friend of my wife. True story.
  • RC7RC7

Completely off topic (but I cannot keep it in), I once pushed the push chair of the grandson of a 32 years old granny (maybe the youngest granny in the UK?), while she was having a fag, because she thought she'd be too chavy to smoke while pushing it. She is a friend of my wife. True story.

Ha ha. Brilliant.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    They're more than fine but my concern is the length of time spent in these locations. I find it to be a waste if not enough time is spent in these amazing locations.
    Agreed, and it's not only the amount of time, but also how the locations are used. I was really disappointed how they used Shanghai and Macao in SF, for example, with all scenes actually being shot in London, except some minor establishing shots.
    As usual, the french magazine Studio Ciné Live will have a special report (probably with new pics) from SPECTRE, in it's new edition, coming out June 10th.

CGu5AZuWgAAeBUc.jpg

We got some great images from their Skyfall spread:
    Daniel-Craig-1.jpg
    slide_220160_863486_free.jpg
    Skyfall_DCraig_London.jpg
    I have a question about the scenes shot in Mexico. There was almost no report of the filming inside the Museo Nacional de Antropologia. I've been checking the interior of that museum, and it's really quite stunning. Very Ken Adam-esque:

spectre-is-the-past-going-to-catch-up-with-james-bond-007-the-museo-nacional-de-antropo-423421.jpg
    mu.mexb_23_93.jpg
    Post2_kuantoramirezvazquez2.jpg
    vista-a%C3%A9rea-de-ciudad-de-m%C3%A9xico-27081839.jpg
    Museum_of_anthropology_Maya_Room.jpg

@Marketto007 Could you confirm when they actually filmed here? Which dates?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. DC is looking so much better for SP than SF.