Do we have to put up with this where are the mods

MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
edited December 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 3,144
Removal of Bond 50 is requested urgent.

Comments

• edited December 2012 Posts: 824
    deleted
  • An absolutely ridiculous troll.
    I'll second that request.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Just flag him, and then we can hope that one of the mods can do something about it!
    What i have said many times, if the mods try to be the good guys around here and let these trolls run wild for too long, its just gonna get worse and more of the same kind will find their play grounds here. This just proves that...
  • We can flag him till the cows come home, till a mod actually removes him and bans his IP address so it's harder to return with another name, we're at the mercy of the fool.
    MrBond wrote:
    Just flag him, and then we can hope that one of the mods can do something about it!
    I did about an hour ago. Twice.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 14,084
    Best thing us members can do is not respond to his comments, and hopefully he'll get bored and realize he's wasting his time here.
    Who didn't? But remember, how long LICENCED TO KILL was around. It took ages until he was banned. - for the 3rd time, I might add.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 14,908
    Unfortunately we all have lives ourselves. It is not always possible for one of the mod team to be online, or around when there is a problem.
    I received one PM alerting me to an issue, it is requested, and surely known that in the event of this occuring that you do not respond to the problem member, and alert any or all of the mod / admin team.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Well it looks like he's gone I for one hope not to see the like of this again
    And while I'm here Benny if it was you that shut him up , Thankyou Regards Coggins .
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Very understandable, but that doesn't explain those **** being around for longer. To play it nice, you need two - if one party doesn't WANT to, then all of the kind display the other side shows, goes into the empty space and is useless. Sorry - but I am a mod myself and if people feel the need to critisize us, they should to give us the chance to do better.
    And I understand we are Sunday as well.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    It's a shame. He really brought such reasoned discussions and fresh perspective to all the threads. I can't decide which was more thought provoking - his racism, homophobia, sexism or over reliance on CAPS.
    My new Nikki Van der Zyl thread was terminated within a few minutes. Today, when there is a real problem, not one of them seems to be around.

Peter this thread was opened by me in order to bring the matter in hand to the notice of any Mods
    I think your Nikki Van der Zyl matter is best saved for another time and place Regards Coggins .
  • RC7RC7
    Nikki Van der Zyl - The Lord Voldemort of the forums
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dear folks, like @Benny correctly pointed out we try very hard to keep things going around here but we do have other obligations too. We're sure you all understand. When a troll / spammer / troublemaker starts spilling the nasty fluids, we will clean the floor as soon as we are aware of it. All we can ask is for the lot of you/us not to get too excited or confused. Ignoring the filth - as well as possible - is the best way to go. Remember, as long as there are decent folk participating in our threads, there are clean spots where you can stand. And the very minute one of us mods brings the towels, we will start to systematically wipe the floor. So never panic, please, or put extra fuel on the fire. Alert the mods and please be patient. We visit this place very regularly so all it may take is a little time but eliminate the threats, we shall.

Thank you all for doing such a great job being on guard and fighting the good fight! The guilty will be punished. ;-)
    edited December 2012 Posts: 3,144
    Job is done the troll is dead ! Time to move on
    So I suggest this is now closed Regards Coggins .
    Over to you Darth.
  • Many thanks to all the moderators for the job that they do.
    It is much appreciated
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Many thanks to all the moderators for the job that they do.
    It is much appreciated

Seconded. It's one thing to be critical, but there are always some positives in these films, even the ones I barely watch and don't much care for. People like Bond50 and the CNB crew who have nothing positive to say shouldn't comment and don't belong here any more than I belong there, simple as that. The mods know this and as long as we stay diligent in advising them, they'll be dealt with.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Also worth pointing out, the mods do not have the power to delete accounts, or suspend members. We can only alert the directors who are the ones that pull the plug.

Usually behind the scenes the most offensive trolls have been identified, warned, etc, but until admin press a button we can only sit on our hands and wait.
  • What was going on here. Anyone care to elaborate

All I'll say is, there has been a number of 'trolls', or as I say, "unnecessary participants" about the vicinity in recent weeks for some reason
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    What was going on here. Anyone care to elaborate

All I'll say is, there has been a number of 'trolls', or as I say, "unnecessary participants" about the vicinity in recent weeks for some reason

It's that time of year. Always happens when a new film is released.
    Only this bond50 chap was quite rude and vulgar at the end of his trolling days at MI6. His efforts made this site an annoying read this afternoon.
  • I see this person, and I use that term loosely, is now banned :)
  • What person, what is being discussed here. Busy most of the time, I can't see what occurs on these pages 24/7. From what I can ascertain it was some participant with some behavior issues and disregard for other members. I don't think I ever had the pleasure of seeing this person or what he got up to. Not @Buttons again surely ?

Well done to those involved in any event for keeping the place clean and free of troublemakers, but they'll always be one or two out there who want to cause a scene
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    What happened here? If i'm allowed to know, of course.
  • I don't think we are allowed to know Mr Sonic. Seems a bit of a mystery for those who were away during events. Just someone up to no good, in the simplest terms
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I understand. But whatever happened, i'm glad that the mods got that idiot out of here.
  • This Bond50, he of about negative trait you can think of in a person, is the idiot in question.

And Buttons came back as Dressed To Kill and was also removed. That fool didn't learn from being banned once how he should behave. He thought his was the only opinion that mattered and on a Forum, that simply doesn't work.