The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Death Has a Shadow
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    TripAces wrote: »
    How about: Ballistic: Bond vs Blofeld ?

No?

Antonio Banderas as Silva's brother?
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    It would be interesting if they just called the film SPECTRE.

I can see an argument for it if the rumours are true. No need for anything more complicated.

I'd be happy with that. I'd also be fine with an entry that uses "BOND", "JAMES BOND" or "007" in the title, as well.

Always did enjoy John Gardner's No Deals, Mr. Bond. I too think a title with "James Bond" or "007" could play very well.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Shatterhand would also be cool.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I do like Death to Spies - but I was thinking the Russian for it (from Fleming) would be more appropriate. But then as an actual title, perhaps not for the general public. So yeah, I'll keep that one as one I do actually like. :)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I think we had a Death To Spies concept in Skyfall, so I don't think it would sound right if they repeat it. Same with The Property of A Lady, because what we know of the plot so far (not much, but know of a few details), doesn't really explore what does it stand for. If they were to use Fleming titles, it should be either Risico, or The Hildebrand Rarity, or probably a chapter title from his novels (Fleming was bloody good with titles).
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    How about combining Austria and Italy with:

An Italian Frost
    Roman Chills
    Frost at Midnight (okay, just remembering an old Coleridge poem; but is has a lovely sound)

and now adding:

Arrivederci, Mr. Bond
    Give the Devil His Due (yeah, nothing to do with Austria or Italy; oh well ...)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    THE UNSEEN HAND.
    or The Hand You Dealt.
    or THE HAND YOU FELT. Oh wait, that was B23.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Cherished Sins.
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Cherished Sins.

Bet you think on them a lot.
    :)) Thought it might " fill in some of the blanks" as Hans Gruber might say.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 45,489
    BLOFELD UNCHAINED
    or SPIES OF LIFE
    BLOFELD UNCHAINED:

=)) I'm busting lungs, right now! Is there a doctor in the house? =))
    Calling Gorner, please assist! Oh wait, just honorary assistance from you...
  • Playmaker.
    The Wild Fortunes.
    Fortune's Wild Embrace.
    An Estate of Darkness and Extortion
    :)) perhaps discuss the " Royale" ;)
    DrGorner wrote: »
    :)) perhaps discuss the " Royale" ;)
    with Cheese? :))
    Resurrection
    Redemption
    Resuscitation
    Dying Days
    Night Chills
    The Killing Field (oh wait, that was taken) ...

• I think EON will play it safe and go for either Property Of A Lady and the titles meaning for the film will be Blofeld sees the lady as his and she is now with Bond. This sets them against each other. Or they will go for Hildebrand Rarity as I think Risico would confuse most people.

However, I feel as it's Craig's 4th and each 4th Bond film seems to be very formula driven, EON might be scared of it not being the hit Skyfall was and it be Bond by numbers. So take the risk make your own title and give us another hit.

Fleming as very good chapter titles and EON must know how Fleming picked his titles and the creative process he used. Chubby did say to Barbra if you get stuck, always go back to Fleming.

So I thought what title would sound good in a Bond song if They used it in the song.

Blood And Thunder
    Forever Is Not Enough
    Beyond A Better Tomorrow
    Diamond Fire

If they pick Hildebrand Rarity it wont sound good in a song, as Property Of Lady would.

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Not to spoil the fun, but "Forever is Not Enough" will never be used.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Not to spoil the fun, but "Forever is Not Enough" will never be used.

Never Say Never...

....Again.

neversayneveragain-wink.jpg
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I must admit, Connery's wink always did amuse me.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Hahahaha well played @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. Have to agree with @MayDayDiVicenzo though, Forever is Not Enough is just way too similar to TWINE. Its too cliche, unoriginal, and basically parody. Wouldnt expect to see Never Die Tomorrow or Forever Never Dies either :)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Hahahaha well played @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. Have to agree with @MayDayDiVicenzo though, Forever is Not Enough is just way too similar to TWINE. Its too cliche, unoriginal, and basically parody. Wouldnt expect to see Never Die Tomorrow or Forever Never Dies either :)
    This. As much as @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 post made me laugh out loud, I have been against "Forever is not Enough" as a Bond title (or any movie title for that matter) since the very first time I've heard it.
    The Hildebrand Rarity
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 130
    scouse007 wrote: »
    I think EON will play it safe and go for either Property Of A Lady and the titles meaning for the film will be Blofeld sees the lady as his and she is now with Bond. This sets them against each other. Or they will go for Hildebrand Rarity as I think Risico would confuse most people.

How is The Hildebrand Rarity less confusing than a one word title like Risico?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    If QUANTUM had a different title or LTK had remained LICENCE REVOKED would have critics been less savage? Would the box office numbers varied significantly? I doubt it. People weren't into the product. Word spread.

I think QOS was a great title, the problem was they did not connect it to the movie, or too little. LTK was not a very good title, but at least it was better than Licence Revoked.