The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Bond24 title just announced by EoN !!!

Once the Daybreak Is Done
    The greatest Bond title of all time is COLONEL SUN. They simply HAVE TO use it sooner or later.

Now I totally agree with that.

Hope they do use it one day.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    AceHole wrote: »

Yes, and Pierce Brosnan replaced Daniel Craig because the latter said that he hates Bond movies. Also, George Lazenby will sing the main theme, which is based on a never-seen-before sheet music recently found in John Barry's house.
    Walecs wrote: »

Yes, and Pierce Brosnan replaced Daniel Craig because the latter said that he hates Bond movies. Also, George Lazenby will sing the main theme, which is based on a never-seen-before sheet music recently found in John Barry's house.

How did you KNOW ??!! :-O
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 655
    Please dont do that, playing traicks that the title is announced. you got me a little excited then,
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    The greatest Bond title of all time is COLONEL SUN. They simply HAVE TO use it sooner or later.

Now I totally agree with that.

Hope they do use it one day.

Here is a crazy idea I've had for some time: when they make a COLONEL SUN movie, instead of adapting the novel, they should draw inspiration from this cover: http://static.ajb007.co.uk/assets/media/2009/02/cs_1st_jacket.jpg
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »

How did you KNOW ??!! :-O

Trust me. I just know. ;)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11,119
    What's wrong with coming up with a complete new ánd long title? I personally think that "The Property Of A Lady" and "The Hildebrand Rarity" have this kind of 'vagueness' written all over it, making it even a more attractive name for marketing viral purposes. I am sure that these two Fleming-titles won't be used, as no combination of the above two titles hasn't been registered as domain names.

I personally loved the chapter title "The World Is Not Enough". Similarly I still find "Quantum Of Solace" the best title of the three Craig films. So as most of the Fleming titles are used now, let's come up with some new ones. Try to be creative, think like Fleming, and you'll get these:

--> "The Dame From Casablanca" (Casablanca will most likely be a location for Bond 24)
    --> "Revenge On Delivery"
    --> "The Cold And The Spy" (relates to the possibility of Bond in the snow)
    --> "The Extortion Incident" (the return of SPECTRE and/or QUANTUM?)
    --> "When Days Become Valuable"
    --> "The Platinum Ordeal" (we already had diamonds and gold no?)
    --> "The Order Of Intelligence"
    --> "Winter Meets Spy" (short, clear)
    --> "The Fraternity Virus" (the return of SPECTRE and/or QUANTUM?)
    --> "The Candle At Both Ends" (derived from the British proverb)
    --> "Better Untaught Than Dying" (derived from the British proverb)
    --> "Unce Upon A Spy" (used for the Peter Morgan Bond 23 screenplay)

Or do we really want another one-word title, like "Shatterhand" or "Shamelady"?
    Some title with GOLD in it.
  • To A Better Tommorow, For A Better Tommorow, The Richest Man In The World (Was Going to be a title for what became Golfinger the book) Rouge Dragon (In a book on Ian Fleming it mentions The Rouge Dragon is a place Bond visited) A Fearful Encounter, Canticle For A Spy, Speak For The Dead, Hyperion, A Call To Duty, Diamondback.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    A few of my favorites would be: Death Leaves an Echo, Colonel Sun (would be cool!), Provocateur, Risico (sounds great; it just does), Property of a Lady (but I just don't feel that is happening anytime soon; could be wrong of course), or maybe something with "shadow" in it.

"Death takes a Holiday" would somehow seem appropriate, but it's been done a few times. ;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    24? Double Down?
    edited October 2014 Posts: 1,727
    Please dont do that, playing traicks that the title is announced. you got me a little excited then,

Apologies for getting your hopes up then...

I'm pretty sure though that if anyone actually had the official title they'd put it in a new post :D
    Isn't it nicer.....if we come up with some titles that have a little explanation behind it? A link to.....a British proverb for instance? Or perhaps a relation to a possible plot detail? I mean......"Shatterhand" or "Colonel Sun" sounds nice, but there's no reasoning behind it. It sounds nice, but it's just....there....nothing else. For instance, "Shatterhand" is a character. And I can't see them using that name for a future Bond plot that soon. Moreover, it was a cover name for Blofeld. Secondly, I'm so tired of titles with "Die", "Death" or "Gold". "Die Another Day" already sounded like a complete cheesy misfit.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Seeing that Dan is a dwarf: A GNOME IN ROME
    If Sienna Miller is cast:SIENNA IN VIENNA
    If Bond is to fight musl... ahem islamists: LOCO IN MOROCCO

Or if Norway was scrapped due to how stinking rich and expensive we are:
    NO WAY IN NORWAY.
  • I'm going with these and my reasons why.

1. Forever Is Not Enough (Could be said to Bond by the bad guy, when Bond says even if it takes forever to get you)

2. You Can't Have It All ( Something's don't go as planned)

3. Diamondback (The Name of The Bad Guy)

4. Where Danger Lies (It's Everywhere)

5. To A Better Tomorrow (Reflecting on events from Skyfall)

6.For Honour Or Valour (M questioning Bonds reasons, for why he is doing the mission)

7. Crossfire (Reference to Bond being warned that his need to get the main bad guy and Hinx, will get people he cares about caught in the Crossfire)
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    scouse007 wrote: »
    I'm going with these and my reasons why.

1. Forever Is Not Enough (Could be said to Bond by the bad guy, when Bond says even if it takes forever to get you)

2. You Can't Have It All ( Something's don't go as planned)

3. Diamondback (The Name of The Bad Guy)

4. Where Danger Lies (It's Everywhere)

5. To A Better Tomorrow (Reflecting on events from Skyfall)

6.For Honour Or Valour (M questioning Bonds reasons, for why he is doing the mission)

7. Crossfire (Reference to Bond being warned that his need to get the main bad guy and Hinx, will get people he cares about caught in the Crossfire)

Good titles, my favorites are Forever is not enough, WDL, and Where danger lies
    Seeing that Dan is a dwarf: A GNOME IN ROME
    If Sienna Miller is cast:SIENNA IN VIENNA
    If Bond is to fight musl... ahem islamists: LOCO IN MOROCCO

Or if Norway was scrapped due to how stinking rich and expensive we are:
    NO WAY IN NORWAY.

Hilarious :)) =D>
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    edited October 2014 Posts: 523
    - Seven in Heaven
    - Letters for a Lady-Killer
    - Ace of Heart
    - Pandora Gold
    - Double Zero Tolerance

These are titles I created without any plot connected (yet)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2014 Posts: 10,586
    I like all of those except for Pandora Gold. It sounds like they went too far with product placement.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Deadly Perception
    Cold Moonlight
    Shadow of a doubt
    Memories of the Future
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2014 Posts: 28,694
    I love the sound of Double Zero Tolerance for some reason, @LicencedToKilt69007. It sounds like a punk James Bond tribute band.
  • Everything To Play For (with 07 under to o on For) I'm thinking whatever they pick has to sound good in the Bond song, unless the name of the film isn't mentioned. However, whatever EON picks it has To Excite And Thrill so the have it All To Play For, so hopefully we won't be waiting forever as Forever Is Not Enough
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Forever is Not Enough is just The World is not Enough. It won't be used.
  • Goldfinger, The Man With The Golden Gun and Goldeneye all used and Goldfinger and Goldeneye very similar. Therefore, I can see FINE being used as well as ETPF. Therefore, a play on words. Forever Is Not Forever or Nothing Is Forever or Forever Isn't Enough. However, I love the guessing game of what EON is going to call Bond 24.
  • RC7RC7
    scouse007 wrote: »
    Goldfinger, The Man With The Golden Gun and Goldeneye all used and Goldfinger and Goldeneye very similar. Therefore, I can see FINE being used as well as ETPF. Therefore, a play on words. Forever Is Not Forever or Nothing Is Forever or Forever Isn't Enough. However, I love the guessing game of what EON is going to call Bond 24.

Skyfall.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I like yours, @Murdock. I'm still thinking "shadow" somehow would be good, as well as "death."

In the Shadows
    Shadow Death
    Shadow Game
    Death in the Shadows
    World of Shadows
    Echo of Shadows

(too bad we can't use Shadowlands, because that is cool)

... I just remember M saying that in Skyfall how the world was now lived in the shadows, our enemies were everywhere.
    - Seven in Heaven
    - Letters for a Lady-Killer
    - Ace of Heart
    - Pandora Gold
    - Double Zero Tolerance

These are titles I created without any plot connected (yet)

"Double Zero Tolerance" is a very good title. I love the creative incorporation of Bond's 007-code in it.
  • It's very difficult to give BOND 24 a title not knowing what it's going to be about. But, since some filming is planned for Austria and rumor has it that there will be a showdown on snowy mountainous areas there...I'm going for ICED SPY as a title.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I did like Die Another Day's original title. "Beyond the Ice."