The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,980
    I love Risico and to a lesser extent POAL, but I hope we get another non-Fleming title this time around. I wonder if we'll ever see another title including the word 'gold'. The problem is it's such a specific word- there's not a lot one can do with it, and not a great deal of existing phrases using it. Let's try the most Bondian sounding of the lot:

All That Glistens Is Not Gold
    A Silence Less Golden (silence is golden, but perhaps not when referring to death)
    For Want of Gold
  • Devil May Care

I quite like this one too. Haven't read the book but I'd be happy if they used the title.
  • For some reason, Devil May Care sounds like a Brosnan title to me. Not a criticism at all, but it feels oddly suited to him.

@QBranch, the second title there is definitely the best.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 9,779
    I feel our first big title rumor will be in June.

I've always been partial to Valley of Shadows I just like the way it sounds
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If last time is any indication, the domain names will be registered in September.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    If last time is any indication, the domain names will be registered in September.

I said rumor not confirmation. The Red Sky at Night rumor came Summer 2011
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I said rumor not confirmation. The Red Sky at Night rumor came Summer 2011

As we know, 99% of rumours are utter tosh. Particular title rumours.

• Forever Is Not Enough
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Scouse008 wrote:
    Forever Is Not Enough

Is it going to have this as the title theme? Because I really hope so:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2uPXAlJC-8&feature=youtu.be
  • XXXXXX Banned
    Waiting for a Miracle for Bond Forever
  • I hope Quantum's not a front for SPECTRE, John Logan's writing and Sam Mendes' direction in SF jumped on the chance to change things back to the way they used to be with classic Bond elements.

Given that John Logan has revealed that Quantum might return, he also said that the last 23 movies are good for drawing inspiration. Sadly that waters down the possibility of having more original and Fleming-adapted items.

Seeing how SF just shoved in all the classic stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if Quantum just turns out to be a code name for SPECTRE (giving the middle finger to fans of QoS). Sadly, I'm sure the title won't be Quantum Rising but I do like that, it sounds dark.

Quantum Rising for Bond 24!
  • RC7RC7
    Given that John Logan has revealed that Quantum might return

He didn't. He said nothing.

• I needed to bolden the word "might".

• edited March 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Two words: COLONEL SUN. I know it will never happen but it is the best unused literary Bond title by far. This could be the teaser poster:
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/literary/cover_art/colonel_sun/first.jpg
    I think Devil May Care is the best unused literary title. Also, can somebody who's read it tell me why it's called that? (the only continuation book I've read is Colonel Sun).
    I love Zero Minus Ten. Sure, the title in full may never get used as it's Benson, but it has it's roots in Fleming's MR. It would be neat if it were the title to a film that takes some unused MR scenes i.e. card game at Blades with Drax (just change the names) and cliff fall scene with Gala Brand.

Still holding out for Wave Link. Wishful thinking though.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I think Devil May Care is the best unused literary title. Also, can somebody who's read it tell me why it's called that? (the only continuation book I've read is Colonel Sun).

I have read the book, but I have no idea why that's the title. I agree though that it's a great title, I would love to see it as the title of a Bond movie (the plot though, that was awful).
    Birdleson wrote:
    Walecs wrote:

I have read the book, but I have no idea why that's the title. I agree though that it's a great title, I would love to see it as the title of a Bond movie (the plot though, that was awful).

Fleming titles, I'm all for. But using continuation titles for title sake when the book is crappy, like DEVIL MAY CARE, is a mistake.

Especially since they would have to pay royalties to the author, who showed only contempt for Daniel Craig.
    Birdleson wrote:
    I have no interest in who gets royalties for what. Craig is an actor who gets paid well, we all can voice our opinions on his work, including Faulks. I just don't see any value in existing titles that aren't Flemings. Unless they adapt the book, which I would love to see done with COLONEL SUN. Saltzman, who was the one stopping that from happening, has been out of the franchise for 40 years and long dead.

Faulks may say whatever he wants, but who in the production would like to pay him even a penny after what he said? And why would they want to pay royalties when they can come up with original titles and pay none?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Black Rose.

Murdock wrote:
    The Black Rose.

Sounds like a XIXth century novel.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    The Black Rose.

Has a grim Craig Bond sound to it.

I know that nobody like this name, but I think that it would be awesome: 007 in New York, also Queen and Country, Tears run Red, Man of the Shadows, and Zero Minus
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    VALIANT TO VILE
    Murdock wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    The Black Rose.

Has a grim Craig Bond sound to it.

Not sure. It is good, but there is something missing.
  • Quantum Rising sounds sinister...I'm not just saying this because I like QoS, as I've said before but it could set the stage for a Bond production that is well-experienced.

007 in New York sounds like the series has overestimated itself although it's a Fleming title.

Tears Run Red is cool and attention-grabbing.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,276
    I like the Quantum Rising one. Devil May Care is alright too. It'd be cool to use a title alluding to Quantum without using Quantum's name though (assuming they return, of course).
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,980
    FoxRox wrote:
    I like the Quantum Rising one. Devil May Care is alright too. It'd be cool to use a title alluding to Quantum without using Quantum's name though (assuming they return, of course).
    Agreed. Quantum Rising sounds great. I like the idea of using Quantum in the title again. A couple I thought of a while back were Quantum of Resolution to wrap up the loose ends, or Quantum of Revenge, which could be like a modern FRWL.
    Birdleson wrote:
    Ottofuse8 wrote:
    I know that nobody like this name, but I think that it would be awesome: 007 in New York, also Queen and Country, Tears run Red, Man of the Shadows, and Zero Minus
    I am a big proponent of 007 IN NEW YORK. Great pulpy title!
    I also like 007NY. It sounds like Bond's doing some solid investigating.
  • XXXXXX Banned
    QBranch wrote:
    FoxRox wrote:
    Agreed. Quantum Rising sounds great. I like the idea of using Quantum in the title again. A couple I thought of a while back were Quantum of Resolution to wrap up the loose ends, or Quantum of Revenge, which could be like a modern FRWL.
    Birdleson wrote:
    Ottofuse8 wrote:
    I am a big proponent of 007 IN NEW YORK. Great pulpy title!
    I also like 007NY. It sounds like Bond's doing some solid investigating.
    Wow agreed, Quantum of Resolution , 007 in New Yorks, Quantumfall.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 1,280
    Quantun of Vengeance or Quantum Revenge

Burning Quantum

He shalso return to having longer hair...DC that is.