Sylvia Trench To Return For Bond 24?

Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
edited November 2012 in SPECTRE Posts: 2,721
I'd love to see her return at the beginning of Bond 24. They could have even had her in SF
(as the girl in the bed when Bond is chilling at the beach) although you'd want to see her flirting with bond at his best...

Comments

• edited November 2012 Posts: 803
    LOL! That'd be a pretty neat nod to the movie series origin, I agree. And no reason why it couldn't be done, that I can see.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    No!

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Yeah I feel that maybe EON went - ok - Skyfall is for the fans
    (especially that epilogue!)
    and 24 will get rid of the nods and head back to normal Craig tone? Unless they bring back Blofeld...please...bring him back!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It'll more than likely never happen.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,879
    @Major_Boothroyd Who would be your choice/s of actress for this role?

Personally, as much as I love Miss Trench, I'd rather leave her in the 60's- and at the start of B24 put Camille Montes in the PTS with Bond. However- this time, we see a bit of 'action'.
  • QBranch wrote:

Personally, as much as I love Miss Trench, I'd rather leave her in the 60's- and at the start of B24 put Camille Montes in the PTS with Bond. However, this time, we see a bit of 'action'.

I would like it to see a new incarnation of Miss. Trench, as all the other 'classic' characters have gotten them, but I'd also still hope to see Camille return. She was one of the great things in QoS and I have the feeling her character just isn't done yet, they can do a lot more with her.
    QBranch wrote:

Personally, as much as I love Miss Trench, I'd rather leave her in the 60's- and at the start of B24 put Camille Montes in the PTS with Bond. However- this time, we see a bit of 'action'.

Yeah, it's not like it's a big deal, just another little nod I would have liked to have seen (I'm a huge FRWL fan so I can get a bit indulgent!)

As far as actress goes - I'd dress her the same as Eunice Gayson in Dr No (either red dress OR in bonds shirt practicing her putting!) but she wouldn't have to look like her physically...I'd say maybe someone like Emilia Clarke (Calisi from Game of Thrones - with dark hair though) or maybe a more comedic actress like Rose Byrne?
  • QBranch wrote:

How about Sienna Miller?

edited November 2012 Posts: 2,721

How about Sienna Miller?

I like this! Especially with Layer Cake connection with Craig!
    I'd also love to see Rachel Weiz but fear it would be far too small of a part for her.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Well, at least it's not another Blofeld thread. :)
  • ts an interesting idea, but only if it could be re-interpreted correctly. Trench was intially envisaged by Young to be Bond's girlfriend of-sorts, a character who would appear in the opening of the film before Bond embarked on his mission. I guess if she was to be bought back she could be Bond's fuck-buddy, someone he calls when he's lonely and both essentially use each other for sex. I think that could be interesting. Personally, I think they missed a trick in TND by not making Paris into Slyvia, I think it would have worked heaps better even if it would just merely be a nod to the fans.
    Sylver Trench was just another one of Bonds leg overs to bring her back would be pointless instead just bring new birds to the films or should we bring back Sylver Trench and while we at it bring back Plenty o'Tool. lol
  • One of the things I'd worry about is bringing Trench back, but trying to provide her with some larger back story.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    One of the things I'd worry about is bringing Trench back, but trying to provide her with some larger back story.

Do we really need to start going down this road? I think people are starting to get obsessed with this whole rebooting thing.

I can understand a case for Blofeld but when we have people suggesting incidental characters like Sylvia need to be brought back and have their origins explained things are getting out of hand.

Where do we draw the line? Lets reboot JW? Bibi? The waiter who says 'ooo a surprise' in TMWTGG? The sodding pigeon?

Unless we are talking Klaus Hergescheimer then this has to stop.
  • She was Connerys bit on the side. No need whatsoever to bring her back.
  • Do we really need to start going down this road? I think people are starting to get obsessed with this whole rebooting thing.
    I can certainly see where you're coming from, but for some people, those sors of possibiities are interesting. Shoot, I'd imagine there are people in the world who say coming to discuss Bond on a message board is "obsessive" behavior.

• It's s crazy idea. It's been tried before and failed because it just does not fit his character.
  • RC7RC7
    Do we really need to start going down this road? I think people are starting to get obsessed with this whole rebooting thing.

Yeah, it's getting a bit tiresome. Almost like some people view the series as some mawkish, nostalgic free for all. They really need to knock the references on the head and start getting genuinely f-ing creative. I don't want any bloody nods in Bond 24. Give me a fricking good Bond movie borne out of originality.
  • No, as with Blofeld and SPECTRE, Trench has no place in 21st Century James Bond

Eunice Gayson did a good job for her two appearance, and since the character hasn't been seen since 1963, there's really no sense in making a coming back now. I hope it never sees the light of day

Some things with 007 are just best left in the past. This is just another example
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 612
    I hate to be the one to break it to you, but she's not a very good actress. I'll pass, thanks.

Wait, do you mean the actress or the role? There's no reason to bring back the role, if that's what you're thinking. Skyfall proved (with Severine) that they could still make very interesting female roles.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Maybe Sylvia will be revealed to be the head of Quantum in Bond 24. She'll be really angry after having been scorned for 22 films.
  • I don’t see anything wrong with re-interpreting some past characters in the modern re-boot era. So there’s a woman in Bond 24 and her name’s Silvia Trench, what of it? If anything I think it would be nice to see things like that happen more often because it’s a way to tap-in to some of the old magic. I heard on another thread that they should have made Paris Carver be Silvia Trench because it would explain her and Bond’s past history and would have added something to the character I think.
  • It would feel too forced. Almost like bringing back the old for the sake of it, I've seen a number of people say that their dissatisfaction with the Brosnan movies is that they felt like box-tickers.
    Tobester95 wrote:
    It would feel too forced. Almost like bringing back the old for the sake of it, I've seen a number of people say that their dissatisfaction with the Brosnan movies is that they felt like box-tickers.

Exactly! Also, the films should try to become something of their own. You can only look back at previous icons so much, before it becomes stale.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited December 2012 Posts: 1,699
    Unless we are talking Klaus Hergescheimer then this has to stop.

Good point there.

Moreover...
    Sylvia was dropped from the series after only two films because Broccoli and Saltzman decided she was surplus to requirements - perhaps not least because Moneypenny was already there and as a character with a flirtation-only relationship with Bond all that was needed. So, given they've now reintroduced Penny in SF, why would they bring Sylvia back too...?
  • I don't think that the character would add anything to the series, especially if she was in multiple films. There's a reason that she wasn't kept on originally.

If there was one nod that they could have made in SF to the very beginning of the series, it would be this: when M asks Bond if he's ready to get back to work I would have loved him to add "This won't seem very exciting to you but it might be a nice rest - we've lost contact with the Head of Station in Jamaica and he and his secretary seem to have disappeared." This would have been a nice reference to DN, but the problem is that you just know a certain percentage of fans would angrily debate whether or not 2012's SF takes place before 1962's DN, or feel cheated that Bond 24 wasn't a remake of DN! But just a nice simple line like that would have been great, even if it was never followed up in any way afterwards.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 127
    How funny. I was just watching my Bond dvd box set last night...Yes Ms Trench, one bond girl that never got the bullet. It would be goo to see her back but with a twist. Maybe she is part of SPECTRE?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wish we had a Bond film where instead of being a quick respite for Bond to enjoy Silvia some how got mixed up in his work and became endangered, forced to follow Bond on his mission. That would have been a damn good Connery film.
  • No thanks, following this line of thinking to its eventual conclusion. Eon may as well just start remaking the whole series. The less nods to the past the better, though that's just my opinion. All i ask is for a almost original bond movie, with fresh ideas
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    No thanks, following this line of thinking to its eventual conclusion. Eon may as well just start remaking the whole series. The less nods to the past the better, though that's just my opinion. All i ask is for a almost original bond movie, with fresh ideas

Skyfall had plenty of that.