Sylvia Trench To Return For Bond 24?

13»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Skyfail wrote:
    she could make an impression before her character goes out.

That's what I feel is most likely to happen.

I think she is playing some kind of scientist that
    bites the dust
    in the comics, so we will see what happens.

Here is the character bio:
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Maya_Hansen_(Earth-616)
    doubleoego wrote:
    she was in that movie with Scarlet Johanson and Javier Bardem and she's dating Sam Mendes I believe.

Yes. She was great in it, she is in fact a wonderful actress, just not the kind of beauty that I think is right for a Bond girl.
    Skyfail wrote:
    she could make an impression before her character goes out.

That's what I feel is most likely to happen.

I think she is playing some kind of scientist that
    bites the dust
    in the comics, so we will see what happens.

Here is the character bio:
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Maya_Hansen_(Earth-616)

Interesting!
    But I feel IronMan 3 will kind of cement her because its by far the biggest movie coming out in 2013 .
    But who knows :)
    I wouldn't mind seeing her in Bond

• Other alternatives...

Felicity Jones
    Felicity-Jones-010.jpg

Alice Eve
    Alice-Eve-shes-out-of-my-league-13411145-1395-2100.jpg

Ophelia Lovibond
    DSC08824-Ophelia-Lovibond.jpg
    Highly appropriate surname!
    Other alternatives...

Felicity Jones
    Felicity-Jones-010.jpg

Alice Eve

Ophelia Lovibond

Lovely :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Other alternatives...

Felicity Jones
    Felicity-Jones-010.jpg

Alice Eve

Ophelia Lovibond

They even kind of have Fleming-ish names.
    Great choices for Bond girls... But I will ask the question again: why Sylvia Trench?
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,143
    TOFANA007 wrote:
    Let her REST in peace.. This old battleaxe hasseen too many moons.. No more trottig out old faces

Lets move forward --->

Old battle axe? I think she was never that, we're talking about the character here not the original actress.

I don't see the point in resurrecting the character, they made the right decision to ditch her first time round. Not enough mileage in that one.
    Meh!? Sylvia Trench was a beautiful Bond Girl, but not a stand out Bond Girl like Tatiana Romanova, Pussy Galore or Xenix Onatopp. I would rather Wai Lin come back. EON were going to bring back Michelle Yoeh to reprise her role as Wai Lin in DAD, but it never happened. Bond 24 would be a perfect opportunity.
    Meh!? Sylvia Trench was a beautiful Bond Girl, but not a stand out Bond Girl like Tatiana Romanova, Pussy Galore or Xenix Onatopp. I would rather Wai Lin come back. EON were going to bring back Michelle Yoeh to reprise her role as Wai Lin in DAD, but it never happened. Bond 24 would be a perfect opportunity.
    Wai in Jinx's place would improve that film by millions! Hard to believe that one person ruins so much of the film for me all by herself.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Wai in Jinx's place would improve that film by millions! Hard to believe that one person ruins so much of the film for me all by herself.
    Just a quick note about DAD - our reviews on the Originals thread are pretty much in agreement about Jinx. I do wish Yeoh had returned instead.

As for the character of Sylvia, I think it is truly best left as part of the series history. Bring back a major character like Blofeld, maybe; but for me, that is not even necessary. Great new villains, lovely new Bond girls, a wonderful script - yes to all of that for sure.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

Wai Lin would have taken Peaceful Fountains of Desire's role, not Jinx's. The film would have still sucked.

It would have improved the casting, but not certain about the movie: the writing was rubbish, even had Wai Lin replaced Jinx, had she been written like a caricature of her character in TND, that's it, they would have massacred her like they massacred Bond.

Now about Yeoh returning in Bond 24... Wrong continuity, wrong time.